Code of Conduct

Default What is the best experience you have ever had with a fragrance?

you all know what im talking about. you choose that particular fragrance for that particular event, and it does exactly what you wanted it to do. compliment wise, or anything else. you all know the moment where that particular fragrance just did great for u that night. the feeling that u wish ur fragrance would grow arms so u can give it the "man highfive/hug hybrid" thing and say "damn u really came through for me tonight"

for me, its without a doubt the night after i bought L"instant de Guerlain. I went to a wedding thenight after i received it, and i got 16 compliments from it. a majority of those were from people i have never met in my life. and you wanna know how the conversation started with the girl i went home with that night?: "excuse me, what cologne are u weearing it smells AMAZING!"

Default Re: What is the best experience you have ever had with a fragrance?

My best experience concerning fragrances was when i received a package full of perfume bottles of all sizes from my sweet sister (not sister by blood but i consider her that she is my real sister !)
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Quote Originally Posted by sophi View Post
    My best experience concerning fragrances was when i received a package full of perfume bottles of all sizes from my sweet sister (not sister by blood but i consider her that she is my real sister !)
    good story dude! like i said. they dont neccesarily HAVE to be about geting compliments

I think it has to be the first time I smell Creed`s Green Irish Tweed. It was the first time I tried a fragrance from Creed, and the first niche fragrance I tried. I took a sniff from the bottle in the perfume-shop, and I was almost beaten to the floor! I had never ever experienced a fragrance so ultra fresh, and so natural and genuine. It was the opposite of synthetic, and it was a "kick-start" for me to take one step further in to the world of fragrances.. I had read much stuff about synthetic and natural ingredients, but didn`t understand all the fuss. But after I smell G-I-T, I suddenly understand! It was like a lightning hit my head. It was a very special experience for me, and I think I never will forget it.
    Last edited by Oslo-Fjord; 29th August 2010 at 10:27 PM.

Vintage tabarome when i had to do a huge presentation, i had to wear suit and tie, i never felt so confident or authoratative in such a tough pressuring situation .

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    I think it has to be the first time I smell Creed`s Green Irish Tweed. It was the first time I tried a fragrance from Creed, and the first niche fragrance I tried. I took a sniff from the bottle in the perfume-shop, and I was almost beaten to the floor! I had never ever experienced a fragrance so ultra fresh, and so natural and genuine. It was the opposite of synthetic, and it was a "kick-start" for me to take one step further in to the world of fragrances.. I had read much stuff about synthetic and natural ingredients, but didn`t understand all the fuss. But after I smell G-I-T, I suddenly understand! It was like a lightning hit my head. It was a very special experience for me, and I think I never will forget it.
    oh guys btw! a couple days ago when i bought La Nuit at Nordstroms, they had a whole section on Creeds, so i siffed Creeds Green irish tweed for the first time! i wasnt blown away, but i was pleasantly surprised because i thought it was going to smell exactly like a fragrance that i hate, davidoffs cool water. though it did have similarities, creeds quality and "richness" is obvioulsly much much higher. i would love to receive it as a very expensive gift, but i dont think i would ever spend 250 on it.

Yeah GIT isn't all that great IMO.

As for me, I wore Dior Homme while I was in a very, very old town in Delaware. Something about the mellow cocoa note and the iris mixed with the scenery of cobblestone roads and clouds and drizzle just worked. I really need to try the Intense version.

Great story about L'Instant! I'm gonna buy the Extreme version for the winter and probably get the original towards the beginning of spring/late winter for the warmer months.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

At work, no one usually comments about any fragrances I am wearing. Recently, I wore Comme des Garçons Wonderwood to work. FIVE women came up to me asking what I was wearing. At first, I thought they were asking about my shoes! When they clarified, I was kind of embarrassed. I work in an environment where people complain about perfume endlessly, and you can be sent home if it is too strong. But they all really loved the smell and wanted to know what it was.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Quote Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
    Yeah GIT isn't all that great IMO.

As for me, I wore Dior Homme while I was in a very, very old town in Delaware. Something about the mellow cocoa note and the iris mixed with the scenery of cobblestone roads and clouds and drizzle just worked. I really need to try the Intense version.

Great story about L'Instant! I'm gonna buy the Extreme version for the winter and probably get the original towards the beginning of spring/late winter for the warmer months.
    yeah dude. ive tried dior homme as well. i actually really like it. i have a sample of it

Well its funny you should say as I was only just thinking about this , just this very evening .... Are you sitting comfortably ? Then I shall begin ....

As a former premier league footballer , there was this one time I was in the changing room with David Beckham , we had really worked up quite a sweat from our intensive training session . We both stripped off our kits which were by now heavy with sweat and ground in dried mud , our breathless chests heaving while beads of perspiration glistened like the finest diamonds under the changing room lights , thats when we hit the shower . We spent hours just lathering each other up , laughing and cavorting as only 2 straight men can . You know we even shaved each others chests , you know those odd nipple hairs just get in the way whilst youre being clamped - but then we decided that was just a little bit gay when I suggested I do him a little landing strip - we still laugh about that to this day . But anyway I got all side tracked there ,thats when the David Beckham Instinct After Dark body wash and body spray kit came in to play , what a day to remember , I had never felt so special and empowered just from wearing a fragrance

In other words no , I dont have an interesting story but I do like my one better than all of yours

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    I do like my one better than all of yours
    Me, too. LOL
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    Well its funny you should say as I was only just thinking about this , just this very evening .... Are you sitting comfortably ? Then I shall begin ....

As a former premier league footballer , there was this one time I was in the changing room with David Beckham , we had really worked up quite a sweat from our intensive training session . We both stripped off our kits which were by now heavy with sweat and ground in dried mud , our breathless chests heaving while beads of perspiration glistened like the finest diamonds under the changing room lights , thats when we hit the shower . We spent hours just lathering each other up , laughing and cavorting as only 2 straight men can . You know we even shaved each others chests , you know those odd nipple hairs just get in the way whilst youre being clamped - but then we decided that was just a little bit gay when I suggested I do him a little landing strip - we still laugh about that to this day . But anyway I got all side tracked there ,thats when the David Beckham Instinct After Dark body wash and body spray kit came in to play , what a day to remember , I had never felt so special and empowered just from wearing a fragrance

In other words no , I dont have an interesting story but I do like my one better than all of yours
    wow. tmi

Blog Entries

One time I was on a first date with someone I really liked. We spent HOURS talking & laughing. After we went our separate ways, she texted me when she got home. She said she had a great time & couldn't wait to see me again. She also said that she had wanted to tell me all night how amazing I smelled, but never got around to it. I was wearing CK be .

Back in my younger partying days I used to go to a particular bar AFTER hitting the club. As I was driving to the bar I re-applied my scent of that evening. I walked in & went up to the bar. The bartender was busy so I had to wait a few seconds. The guy that I was standing beside asked me what fragrance I was wearing. Then the bartender, Mike, came around to our side & said "Oh that's Ann, she always smells good. What are you wearing tonight?" I let Mike smell my arm. He then walked over to the stereo system, turned it down, & hollered out "I'd like to propose a toast. Raise your glasses." (he waited til everyone raised their glasses) "To Annie, who always smells wonderful!" I was wearing Lolita Lempicka au masculin.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

For many nights, Original Vetiver made a woman I was with, stay awake snorting the frag like cocaine (I had applied it on my chest). Closest thing to a real aphrodisiac reaction that I had ever seen. Good times.

Dior Homme seems to be loved by females and males alike, since it got me compliments from both genders, including straight men

Last edited by Brian_Towers; 18th October 2011 at 09:12 AM. Reason: personal reasons

I have lot of stories....Here 2 of them:

-About 2 years ago I asked to the official dealer of Guerlain about L Instant. They didnt answer me.
    I called them again and I said I m a little bit angry with the very bad service. Short story? They send me one free bottle to my home. I was shocked lol.
    PS:Here, in Chile, Guerlain isnt a popular brand....Nobody knows it.

-3-4 months ago we recieved about 20 samples without buying anything in Neiman Marcus Sn Fco. Why? Because a cute SA considered us "cute" too.
    What amazing store! After that we returned for to buy some goodies because we felt a little buy guilty.
    "Burn their homes and churches.Then see if they will not laugh, sing and pray again.
    For when two of them meet anywhere in the world, see if they will not create a new Armenia."

William Saroyan.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using: Antaeus, The Dreamer, Eau Sauvage and Voyage d Hermes

Wishing: Tuscan Soul by Ferragamo and Concentré d Orange Verte

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alone in my Home on the sofa smelling Antaeus. Admiring this superbly crafted concoction and thinking of an occasion to wear it....I never came up with one.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    Vintage tabarome when i had to do a huge presentation, i had to wear suit and tie, i never felt so confident or authoratative in such a tough pressuring situation .
    I like this story bro. Excellent example of what all a great fragrance can do for a guy... Big Meeting... Big Presentation... Perfect Cologne FTW!!!
    ***Top (favorite) 5 Frags in my Own Personal Collection***
    5. Man Eau Fraiche by Versace
    4. Pour Homme by Dolce & Gabbana
    3. La Nuit De L'Homme by Yves Saint Laurent
    2. Bvlgari Black by Bvlgari
    1. Angel Men Pure Malt by Thierry Mugler

Youtube Fragrance Reviews... with a twist at the end! www.youtube.com/user/jaironhoward
    FOLLOW ME!!! www.twitter.com/JaironHoward

MY WARDROBE: http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/