Code of Conduct
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Default Re: DIY Suppliers List ------Editing in progress 12/2013

A note to member in the UK.
    The supplier olfactik.com no longer responds to any communication and the website hasn't been updated for months.
    The last order I tried to make was refunded with an apology from the proprietor that things were difficult and he could no longer fulfill my orders.
    I would advise against making any orders from this site until things are up and running again if at all.
    Robxander

I often use The Essential Oil Company www.essentialoil.com for EOs, as I can pick up locally. They do ship internationally. Their prices can be high, but they have a few things they distill themselves, a 25% retailer discount with business license, and other supplies including interesting distillation equipment. Oils quality has always been high and I've used them for many years.

They can also tend toward a little extra honesty in their descriptions, e.g. "Amyris balsamifera West Indies Wildcrafted So called West Indies Sandalwood Oil. Not as nice as Mysore Sandalwood Oil."

Quote Originally Posted by RobXander View Post
    A note to member in the UK.
    The supplier olfactik.com no longer responds to any communication and the website hasn't been updated for months.
    The last order I tried to make was refunded with an apology from the proprietor that things were difficult and he could no longer fulfill my orders.
    I would advise against making any orders from this site until things are up and running again if at all.
    Robxander
    Maybe the TaxMan struck him too. Just a wild guess after receiving news from (also UK-based) PellWall that they have to raise prices significantly because they'll have to pay much higher taxes from now on.
    Currently wearing: Ébène by Pierre Balmain

digging up this thread
    do you guys know any good source selling nice perfume glass bottle (with sprayer) in Asia ? I'm finding nice bottle for my perfume and its hard to buy and ship from US or EU
    Currently wearing: Encre Noire by Lalique

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless void View Post
    digging up this thread
    do you guys know any good source selling nice perfume glass bottle (with sprayer) in Asia ? I'm finding nice bottle for my perfume and its hard to buy and ship from US or EU
    Hi, yes try eBay. There are all sorts of fancy perfume bottles coming from China and the likes.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by RobXander View Post
    Hi, yes try eBay. There are all sorts of fancy perfume bottles coming from China and the likes.
    Rob
    China stuff is just meh, its hard to find a good looking bottle from China

Default Re: DIY Suppliers List

Quote Originally Posted by gido View Post
    http://www.enfleurage.com/products.html hasn't been mentioned. not cheap, but they deal in quality stuff, they have some great and special things, and an impeccable reputation. the service is nice, too.
    i totally agree...however, you should actually call them. for example, they have lots of stuff that's not on their website, like raw ambergris solids, Africa Stone Tincture, and wonderful agarwoods.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen G View Post
    Hi Folks
    I usually buy from perfumers apprentice & perfumers world for small quantities of aromchems but haven't found anyone in UK yet. Have considered setting something up myself but not sure what the uk demand would be like & if it would be worth it.
    For bottles and vials http://www.frenchflint.com is good but you have to buy a tray I think.

I have been looking for small chunky bottles with ground glass stoppers but no luck so far, does anyone know where I can get something similar to the aftelier ones: http://www.aftelier.com/1-4-oz.-perfumes/ or chunky square ones along same lines?

Thanks
    Karen
    I know this question comes years after the original post, but I am willing to give it a shot... I have also been hunting for bottles like this. Did you ever find a source?

Perfumer's Apprentice has something similar in 15mL https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com...brosse-n7.aspx

They have beautiful bottles but I haven't reached the point where I'm ready to splurge on the crimping tool for most of their spray collection, however.

Quote Originally Posted by runstile View Post
    Perfumer's Apprentice has something similar in 15mL https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com...brosse-n7.aspx

They have beautiful bottles but I haven't reached the point where I'm ready to splurge on the crimping tool for most of their spray collection, however.
    Thank you for that! Those are beautiful, but oh so expensive. The price is not bad for personal use, however, I would like some for resale purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Beauty Junkie View Post
    Thank you for that! Those are beautiful, but oh so expensive. The price is not bad for personal use, however, I would like some for resale purposes.
    Creating Perfume also sells bottles, atomizers, etc., and are much less expensive. I have purchased a few and they are simple but nice.

I am sure some others with more professional experience can assist in where to find bottles.

https://www.creatingperfume.com/clas...ottle15ml.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Beauty Junkie View Post
    Here are a few ideas:

https://www.bulkperfumebottles.com/1...y-base-bottom/

https://www.stocksmetic.com/us/fragr...tock-clearance

https://www.bestbottles.com/all-bott...le-bottles.php

https://www.perfumeoils.com/wholesale-bottles-jars/

It is a little trickier finding the glass stopper bottle. You will have to pay the money for that type.

https://www.coverpla.com/product-category/fragrance/

any one have nice, simple glass bottle supplier for perfume like this ? I'm from Vietnam and its quite hard to buy 50-200 bottles..
    slumberhouse.jpg

I think I should start small with these simple bottles ! some do look good

Thank you for the suggestions. I am currently waiting for a sample from POCHPAC. They have a 15ml glass stopper bottle that appears to run around $420 USD for 100 bottles. I will post an update once the sample bottle arrives. Fingers crossed!
    UPDATE:
    Sample bottle arrived and it is lovely!
    IMG_9724.jpg
    IMG_9725.jpg
    IMG_9727.jpg
    Last edited by Beauty Junkie; 9th November 2018 at 04:11 PM. Reason: update

looks great!

Wow very nice. Thanks for the pictures

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I really like these … almost like Absolut Vodka bottles

oops, lost some words …. that was to Faceless Void …. those bottles look great, nice and simple.

Any reliable supplier in Spain or sending Spain at reasonable prices?
    The most exclusive and special perfume in the world is the one you make for yourself. Be original !

I’m having trouble paying for bottles of Pochpac
    They accept bank transfer only and they’re from UK and I’m from Vietnam lol. They don’t even use paypal Anyone can help?

Why can't you do a bank transfer?.. Maybe ask your bank if they can do it for you, if you can't do it yourself online? Perhaps you could use TransferWise, they are a very reputable company with extremely low fees and excellent exchange rates, and I believe it shows up as a regular bank transfer for the recipient but you can pay by credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by Agate View Post
    Why can't you do a bank transfer?.. Maybe ask your bank if they can do it for you, if you can't do it yourself online? Perhaps you could use TransferWise, they are a very reputable company with extremely low fees and excellent exchange rates, and I believe it shows up as a regular bank transfer for the recipient but you can pay by credit card.
    thanks, I’ll try TransferWise, banks in my country are complicated and fee is high

Definitely try TransferWise then, I've used them many times for international transfers and they are great. If you like them and often order from abroad you should also check out their (free) Borderless Account with debit card, which can save you up to 5% on all your foreign currency purchases through better exchange rates.
    Last edited by Agate; 8th April 2019 at 11:15 PM.

I tried to order 70 bottles of 30ml from Pochpac, but the delivery fee in UK is too high (25 pounds) and VAT is high too (20%, about 28 pounds..) and I dont know how to reclaim it..(I use freight forwarder to ship it to Vietnam)