Code of Conduct

Default Baldessarini - Strictly Private

Hi Basenotes..

I've written a large review about the new Baldessarini fragrance. I'd love to know what you think of it, and you're welcome to post comments or reply.

http://www.fragrancethis.com/?p=484

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Baldessarini - Strictly Private

Passionate review there Justin! I have to admit I'm really looking forward to this. I love the original Baldessarini EdC. Not too keen on the Del Mar and Ambré stuff. But this one is quite intriguing. The bottle looks magnificent and the "vanilla, amber and creme-brulee" base makes my mouth water.

Now that you've had a chance to wear it for a while, how about a follow-up?

I"m glad to learn that you love it that much as I do

haha cool, I thought no one was about to read it at all, haha!
    unico grande amore.

I had a sample of this and I must say I did like it. It had a bit of Cuirons powdery,plum note in it. A bottle from E-bay is on it´s way.

I will probably buy this blind. You see, as a great fan of the original, I also like Ambre and think it is given too much of a hard time on here. Ambre is much better than it gets credit for. It is a well crafted and elegant rendition of amber and works well - projects well too and lasts a long time.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

I'm having real problems finding anyone who sells it though! Anybody got any clues?
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Blog Entries

I was gonna ask the same thing, I can't find anywhere that sells it.

I've yet to meet a Baldessarini I didn't like. In fact Baldessarini Ámbre can lay claim to being my most consistent compliment-getter. Really would like to try this stuff.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

wow nice rumor about this
    its for about 50-55$ in poland 3oz(90ml), im not sure about this, ill need to order a sample for 2 bucks+shipping, first
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

Quote Originally Posted by HDS1963 View Post
    I'm having real problems finding anyone who sells it though! Anybody got any clues?
    Hi HD,

I got my bottle in House of Fraser for £31.50 during the 10% off all fragrances promotion just before valantines day. It's really great stuff, the best thing P&G have released in a very long time!
    Last edited by LeeScot; 22nd February 2009 at 07:37 PM.

Douglas carries it.

Could this be true? With just a few preliminary positive comments things are looking good for this offering from Baldessarini. I'm hoping to try this as soon as it's available in Canada.
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeScot View Post
    Hi HD,

I got my bottle in House of Fraser for £31.50 during the 10% off all fragrances promotion just before valantines day. It's really great stuff, the best thing P&G have released in a very long time!
    Thanks mate, I'll try there.

I paid a full 50 euros for the 50 ml. but I waited so long, it didn't matter anymore, haha. The strenght of the fragrance is a bit weaker than you'd probally hoped, but longetivity is good, just not that powerfull as example Narciso Rodriguez for Him.
    Last edited by Giustino; 23rd February 2009 at 10:44 AM.
    unico grande amore.

Well, the marketing seems somewhat out of tune with the crisis times. I found the PR copy revolting, it's fodder for bitterest satire. A perfume for the upper crust luxury lovers lounging around in secluded clubs, you know, the kind of guys who just destroyed the economy, your job and your 401k. Pass the caviar, please...

As to the fragrance, it's more make-belief than real luxury. The idea of a green plus floral perfume, perhaps inspired by the old Nino Cerruti, but with rose rather than jasmin, is bold in mainstream-market terms and I wonder whether men will buy it - it is a pretty strong powdery floral rose. The herbal top is too evidently synthetic IMO, but the floral heart isn't too bad, though I sense some irritating nose-clogging effects. The "creme brulée" base is a bit too sweet and too flat, this is where it gets overly cheap in the context of its own luxury hype. With a little more budget this could have been really good, as it is I find it an OK soapy-green powdery-ambery sweet floral - above the dismal average, but certainly not bottle-worthy for me. I'd prefer Burberry Brit or Vetiver Dance any day.
    Last edited by the_good_life; 25th February 2009 at 01:45 PM.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

I'm reminded of Gucci PH2 and also briefly of Guerlain Habit Rouge about an hour into the frag, but Bald. SP feels cheaper than both these fragrances... Not really the vanilla I was hoping for.
    Looking to swap/buy/receive for free () the following samples/decants:
    Indult Tihota & Rêve en Cuir
    Chant d'Aromes extrait
    Vetiver pour Elle (5ml decant)

Selling/swapping:
    Versace The Dreamer 50ml (1.7oz) BNIB
    ---

"The Sunshine bores the daylights outta me!"
    http://polderposh.blogspot.com/

fountain

i only tested the aftershave for the edt it's not available where i've lived. i love it to bits but i have no idea how long it lasts. what is its longevity and projection please?

Ambre is my favorite of the whole bunch.