Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Any Love for Black Orchid Voile de Fleur?

Just this last week I recieved, in a semi-blind buy, a large bottle of Black Orchid Voile de Fleur. I say sem-blind because I did have a tiny sample. I have worn it a couple of times now. At first I thought it too loud, but I find that it mellows out after about thirty minutes or so and I find myself quite liking it. It is dark, but more floral than Black Orchid in a very nice way, so I think I did well with the purchase. I think this will wear even better as the Fall approaches with cooler weather. So, experiences and opinions anyone?

Default Re: Any Love for Black Orchid Voile de Fleur?

I recently did a blind buy at Marshalls of this! The package was open so I sniffed ,the brand was chimeing in my head as SOMETHING I had heard about .I like it .I paid about $29 for my bottle.Ican't compare it to it's elder sister BO as I haven't smelled that yet.And I agree that this will probably see more wear in the cooler weather (soon I hope!).

I find it too harsh and bold on myself. I know many people like it but something in it just puts me off.

Sur la Plage

I really like it. You made a good purchase IMO.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Yes!!!!I have it and like it
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

It's Tom Ford's ode to Fracas. I like Fracas better, but I like BOVDF fine.

Thumbs up Re: Any Love for Black Orchid Voile de Fleur?

I like it and find it more wearable than the original Black Orchid. (Which I also like but which sometimes smells odd on me.)

Good choice, N_Tesla!

Here's what i posted a few weeks back on the men's forum about this scent and a few comparisons with the original TF's BO:

I won't go into the whole "masculine" or "feminine" deal and try to concentrate on the notes:

There is a difference between the EdT and the EdP. Both have the similarities that if you don't like heady dark scents, these are not for you, but if so then both would be ok.

The Edt is mainly a clearer, more luminous version or the EdP, and both seem to lack the truffle note that was so intense on the original BO, if it's there, it's minimal.

Also the Edt seems more fruity and delectable than the EdP, which is more damp and sweeter but with less fruit as the earthier notes take over. Both are very leathery and waxy.

Both also contain a bigger dose of spices (specifically Nutmeg)than BO, which seemed to have spices but more of the human-burnt-flesh-type, as i mentioned i think on my review of that scent.

That smokiness present on BO is somewhat faded on BOVdF.

I complain a lot about "gardenia" scents lacking said ingredient yet they loved to be called gardenia (Chanel's Gardenia is just one example). This scent seems to have the note in good quantity and in good quality and I'm very grateful for it.

cheers!