Code of Conduct

Default Many thanks and a question; any cantaloupe or unusual florals scents out there?

Hey, I haven't posted in quite a while! I guess it was because you guys do such a good job in helping people find a fragrance!You all pointed me to Nuit de Noel, and well, let's just say it's not just for Christmas! On me it smells like really good incense, if you can find a vintage edt- totally try it- it just smells good. The trouble is finding vintage edt, I've been lucky to get it twice in a row now, but I'm running deadly low. Ebay is vicious when it comes to fragrances. Either way if you haven't tried Nuit De Noel TRY IT. I would categorize it with old Guerlains like Vol de Nuit and Mitsouko, both are also favorites of mine as well- Mitsouko smells like dirty peach fritters! The only problem is again price...oh well I'll eventually have them all at once.

Also a question
    I'm a gardener and love the smell of cantaloupe and musk melons (even watermelon too). They are perhaps one of my favorite fruits and the smell of the melons anywhere are so pleasant and attractive and unisex, I wondered if the fragrance industry ever banked on the good old french melon! I would imagine there are some rather "girly" scents out there that smell of melon but in a sickening manner. Anyone know of any scents that have a pronounced ripe melon component that actually smells like the real thing? I'd wear that like no one's business.

Also, I love the scent of flowers like Phlox, it's a very unusual floral (chalky?) that I also think would make for intriguing cologne but I've never run into a fragrance that smells even remotely similar. Any ideas or anyone know what I'm talking about here? It's a great floral.

Thanks guys, hope a good discussion can be made out of this...

Default Re: Many thanks and a question; any cantaloupe or unusual florals scents out there?

There's a good chance you'll love Bertrand Duchafour's Fleur de Liane for L'Artisan Parfumeur. I do, although I'm not sure how it will wear as the weather cools... The composition is quite complex, and a rich melon note plays a significant role.
    Last edited by PaulSC; 30th August 2010 at 11:08 PM.
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Default Re: Many thanks and a question; any cantaloupe or unusual florals scents out there?

Excellent to note nonetheless, see if I can try it for next summer. Is that really all that's out there though in terms of melon dominated scents? You'd think there would be more, it's so funny, you usually see melon paired with cucumber, I'm not sure I like that pairing. Just straight up cantaloupe should be a great basis for a scent, I can't see why perfume companies haven't tried working with it more? Is the scent just hard to really pin down or something chemically?

figuier by heeley has some nice cool melon in it. its a fig scent, though.

Hermès Un Jardin Après La Mousson also smells of melons....
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman