Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1

    Default Which Would You Consider To Be The Most Important Fragrance Stores In Your City...

    Simple really, as it says. It may even be a help for people who enjoy hunting out fragrances in your location.

    This is not about online purchases. Yes, we all no alot of you rely on purchasing online, but we are aware of that already...

    Ill start off: London.

    I consider the most important stores in this city to be, in no particular order...

    Libertys
    Les Senteurs
    Harrods

    The best for niche/indie/high end, there is no better.

    Tagging behind but no less relevant are Selfridges and Harvey Nichols.

    Lots of designer, new releases, usually sometimes available here before anywhere else. Also some very good high end and niche, but not as good as the the first 3.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Which Would You Consider To Be The Most Important Fragrance Stores In Your City...

    Don't forget Roullier White & Bloom in London!

    This is a Shopping Forum thread 'though, so we'll move it there for future reference as it will soon be buried in MFD!

  3. #3

    Default Re: Which Would You Consider To Be The Most Important Fragrance Stores In Your City...

    Your correct regards to Roullier White, sorry.

    Ive never heard of Bloom, interesting! Going to google it now...

  4. #4

    Default Re: Which Would You Consider To Be The Most Important Fragrance Stores In Your City...

    In Chicago it's all about Barney's and the designer boutiques that carry exclusives on Michigan Ave. and standard department stores on State. Woodfield Mall has a great selection at Nordstroms, Macy's and a few fragrance stores inside the mall...they also have a Lush, B+BWorks, Body Shop, L'occitane...etc.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project.

    *** NEW Lavhim (Lavender, Incense, Candle Wax, Clove, Fir Needles, Cognac & Green Leaves)*** / Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.)

  5. #5

    Default Re: Which Would You Consider To Be The Most Important Fragrance Stores In Your City...

    Quote Originally Posted by DMA View Post
    Your correct regards to Roullier White, sorry.

    Ive never heard of Bloom, interesting! Going to google it now...
    I've never used them, but others here do
    https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=cr&...loom+perfumery

  6. #6

    Default Re: Which Would You Consider To Be The Most Important Fragrance Stores In Your City...

    Last edited by socalwoman; 27th February 2014 at 06:44 PM.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Which Would You Consider To Be The Most Important Fragrance Stores In Your City...

    NY thankfully has many:

    MiN New York
    Aedes De Venustas
    Twisted Lily (will have to visit when I get back)
    Le Labo
    By Kilian (new boutique)
    Tom Ford
    Diptyque
    Barney's
    Saks
    Bergdorf Goodman

    I'm leaving off Bond no. 9 and Creed because I don't think them that important (but that's just me)

  8. #8
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & B˙zios
    Posts
    79,362

    Default Re: Which Would You Consider To Be The Most Important Fragrance Stores In Your City...

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBoomBoom View Post
    NY thankfully has many:

    MiN New York
    Aedes De Venustas
    Twisted Lily (will have to visit when I get back)
    Le Labo
    By Kilian (new boutique)
    Tom Ford
    Diptyque
    Barney's
    Saks
    Bergdorf Goodman

    I'm leaving off Bond no. 9 and Creed because I don't think them that important (but that's just me)
    These above, but I will include Frederic Malle,
    Kilian, Atelier Cologne, Armani, All the jewelry houses that also sell fragrances and the entire wholesale fragrance district on Broadway between 23rd and 32nd street with all arterial side streets

    My other residence: Nieman Marcus, Saks, Nordstrom & Parfums de France.
    Last edited by hednic; 27th February 2014 at 07:38 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

  9. #9
    Basenotes Plus
    JON RODGERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    10,975

    Default Re: Which Would You Consider To Be The Most Important Fragrance Stores In Your City...

    Quote Originally Posted by DMA View Post
    Simple really, as it says. It may even be a help for people who enjoy hunting out fragrances in your location.

    This is not about online purchases. Yes, we all no alot of you rely on purchasing online, but we are aware of that already...

    Ill start off: London.

    I consider the most important stores in this city to be, in no particular order...

    Libertys
    Les Senteurs
    Harrods

    The best for niche/indie/high end, there is no better.

    Tagging behind but no less relevant are Selfridges and Harvey Nichols.

    Lots of designer, new releases, usually sometimes available here before anywhere else. Also some very good high end and niche, but not as good as the the first 3.
    One addition - the perfumery at Fortnum and Mason is every bit as good as the first three and should be compulsory on any London sniffing itinerary.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Which Would You Consider To Be The Most Important Fragrance Stores In Your City...

    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    These above, but I will include Frederic Malle,
    Kilian, Atelier Cologne, Armani, All the jewelry houses that also sell fragrances and the entire wholesale fragrance district on Broadway between 23rd and 32nd street with all arterial side streets

    My other residence: Nieman Marcus, Saks, Nordstrom & Parfums de France.
    Yes, I forgot about Malle and Ateleier. I'd include Chanel and Dior as well. But the whole Broadway scene is iffy. Good for designer stuff, but so is fragrancenet.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Which Would You Consider To Be The Most Important Fragrance Stores In Your City...

    This is my thread, and i dont want suggestions of online retailers. Thank you...

  12. #12

    Default Re: Which Would You Consider To Be The Most Important Fragrance Stores In Your City...

    Quote Originally Posted by DMA View Post
    This is my thread, and i dont want suggestions of online retailers. Thank you...
    Relax, lord of the thread. I'm simply stating an opinion and allowing for context.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Which Would You Consider To Be The Most Important Fragrance Stores In Your City...

    Im sorry but the name of that website is namedropped far to frequently in every post on here, along with the names of certain fragrances. The whole idea of this is to get away from that, for people who shop in the real world, not bargain basement hunters who need hints like advertisments every 2 minutes of the day.

    Can we return to the topic on hand now please...

  14. #14

    Default Re: Which Would You Consider To Be The Most Important Fragrance Stores In Your City...

    Yup, the topic is Stores in your City...

  15. #15

    Default Re: Which Would You Consider To Be The Most Important Fragrance Stores In Your City...

    Quote Originally Posted by DMA View Post
    Im sorry but the name of that website is namedropped far to frequently in every post on here, along with the names of certain fragrances. The whole idea of this is to get away from that, for people who shop in the real world, not bargain basement hunters who need hints like advertisments every 2 minutes of the day.

    Can we return to the topic on hand now please...
    That's exactly why it was brought up. Broadway, in the 20s, which was mentioned, offers dozens of small shops selling designer scents for 'bargain' prices (the authenticity of which is, to an extent, questionable). Thus I bring up a website that's somewhat reputable and which most will be familiar with as an alternative.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Which Would You Consider To Be The Most Important Fragrance Stores In Your City...

    Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    One addition - the perfumery at Fortnum and Mason is every bit as good as the first three and should be compulsory on any London sniffing itinerary.
    Absolutely.

    I'd also add Ormonde Jayne and either of the two Santa Maria Novella boutiques, and Nicolai. Plus Angela Flanders for good measure. Except for Ormonde Jayne, I don't think you can find those brands elsewhere in London, but I may be mistaken.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Which Would You Consider To Be The Most Important Fragrance Stores In Your City...

    But it's off -topic to the thread, NYCBoom Boom - so not relevant.

    Please continue with actual stores.

    Thank you!

  18. #18

    Default Re: Which Would You Consider To Be The Most Important Fragrance Stores In Your City...

    I'm lost. Which of these doesn't have a brick and mortar shop?

  19. #19

    Default Re: Which Would You Consider To Be The Most Important Fragrance Stores In Your City...

    fragrancenet afaik?

  20. #20

    Default Re: Which Would You Consider To Be The Most Important Fragrance Stores In Your City...

    Quote Originally Posted by lpp View Post
    fragrancenet afaik?
    Thank you. I was looking and looking and it was right there all the time. Old age sucks. I need to go shopping to forget about it.

  21. #21

    Default Re: Which Would You Consider To Be The Most Important Fragrance Stores In Your City...

    On the internet

    I know it sucks - and it seems to get worse....

  22. #22

    Default Re: Which Would You Consider To Be The Most Important Fragrance Stores In Your City...

    Dallas has Neiman Marcus @ the Northpark mall...it has a great selection. Barneys had a store until last year there also with many additional niche houses but alas has closed.

  23. #23

    Default Re: Which Would You Consider To Be The Most Important Fragrance Stores In Your City...

    DC is quite limited for perfumes. But Parfums de France in Tyson's corner is still an old style brick and mortar store that sells only perfumes and has a great selection.

    For dept stores, Saks carries the exclusives Dior and Chanel, so better than nothing.

    cacio

Similar Threads

  1. The 1980s were THE most important for male fragrance
    By DEMON in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 30th November 2013, 06:08 PM
  2. How important is the qualiy of fragrance oils?
    By pamparag in forum Fragrance DIY
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 23rd January 2013, 11:31 PM
  3. Fragrance is important to dogs.
    By silentrich in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 1st August 2011, 07:26 PM
  4. Help me pick a fragrance for an important rendezvous (just for fun)
    By Guugle in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 13th June 2011, 01:47 PM
  5. New York City Niche Stores; Brick and Mortar
    By StylinLA in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 8th March 2010, 11:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •