Code of Conduct

Default One To Check Out: Bay Citrus by Arran Aromatics

Whilst on holiday in mid-Wales camping last week, the weather was bloody awful so the only thing to do was to go shopping.

This resulted in me and my girlfriend ending up in a high end gift shop which stocked a range of fragrances by Arran Aromatics.

One of these grabbed me immediately and I bought on the spot. Bay Citrus. For lovers of bay notes this is a must. It has a wonderful bay note, mixed with a peppery bright lemon and dries down with a fantastic combination of bay, patchouli, vetyver and peppermint.

It is a fantastic find, a really lovely, distinctive masculine smell which has a great dry down. Like most traditional bay rums however, the longevity is questionable, so a double application is required to get some real oomph out of it. But it's worth it when you do, my girlfriend reporting being able to still smell it long after I'd become anosmic to it.

It's not expensive and, if you like bay notes, is definitely worth a blind purchase. Google Arran Aromatics and you can buy direct from their site.

Recommended.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Default Re: One To Check Out: Bay Citrus by Arran Aromatics

Thanks for the heads up. I've just visited their website and they've got quite a few products for sale, all very reasonably priced as well.

Well if you do order Bay Citrus I would be interested in your thoughts, I think it slightly addictive, it's really nice and nothing like any of the mainstream designer fragrances currently on offer.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

I bought it last year as well. Lovely. How come it's still not listed in the fragrance directory?
    My current Top 5 in alphabetical order.

Aramis Havana Eau de Toilette
    Azzaro Pour Homme Eau de Toilette
    Boucheron Jaipur Pour Homme Eau de Parfum
    Yves Saint Laurent Opium Pour Homme Eau de Parfum
    Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Pour Homme Eau de Toilette

I have not tried their fragrances....but am currently using their soap which is fabulous!!! Got it on clearance @ Ross... Very long lasting....

Thanks for the info.