Code of Conduct

Default Gucci by Gucci PH--Revisited

I was going through a department store today when I poked my head into the men's fragrance area. I wasn't looking to try anything and just wanted to see if there was something I might look at again. I had tried Gucci by Gucci PH before and liked it but didn't think much. So I decided to spray and arm again and leave. I must say I really like this a lot. To my nose there was 2 distinct phases. 1) Full woods to starts (insert jokes here ) 2) A very sexy, refined drydown that is an ambery cedar. The reviews weren't too kind and I saw many mentions of the violet note. I didn't get alot of violet at all. It also has remained pretty strong on me.

This isn't going to be an earth shattering post but I wanted to express it and wondered if there were any other converts on it?Also, if I wondered if there were similar scents others liked more but were similar. I think this would be a nice one for work.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 31st August 2010 at 12:08 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Default Re: Gucci by Gucci PH--Revisited

If you want something similar but stronger and with great projection, I recommend Xeryus Rouge.

I've owned this one a couple of times and recently test drove it again. When it's said and done, RL Purple Label does this vein much better. I also think RL Romance Silver is nearly as good.

Gucci by Gucci is a pass for me.

Thanks guys. I know I've tried alot over my time here but I'll have to look at those again too. That is the second time I've seen Romance Silver conmpared. GBGPH just came off nice on me today.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 30th August 2010 at 08:07 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

I actually don't mind the smell of this one as well. St Dupont Passenger pour Homme is similar in a way. Perhaps even more persistant on the skin.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Sur la Plage

I thought it smelled OK, but the longevity was extremely horrible on me - and my husband had the same experience with it.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I thought it smelled OK, but the longevity was extremely horrible on me - and my husband had the same experience with it.
    on me, for instance, projection is the problem - there is no projection after one or two hours.

I like it too. I was going through some samples and found one of this, which I didn't even know I had. It wasn't anything like what I expected from the descriptions I had read, so I wondered if the sample vial actually contained something else. I tested it at a store a few days later, and it was the same as the sample. I get a lot of cedar as well and find its strength and longevity quite decent.

I go back and forth on whether I want to get the small bottle of this. Not sure yet. I'd also be interested in trying some of the others mentioned in this thread.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I got the feeling from reading others that this might be a problem. The drydown is still there if I put nose to skin but I don't catch much of it if I'm not trying anymore...since originally writing this. It isn't gone by any means, just not as strong as the first 2 hours. Still very nice if my wife were to hug me, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    on me, for instance, projection is the problem - there is no projection after one or two hours.
    This was the area when it started dying down on me too...2 hours and by this 3rd hour fading to a skin scent. I wish it lasted longer because this might be small bottle worthy.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 30th August 2010 at 08:28 PM.
    --Ben Hogan

Nice bottle but it's far too sweet. To me it's like honey with honey and then some honey. And don't forget the honey...

I bought it a while back but haven't used it much. Need to try it again.

Basenotes Institution

I love Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme- it's one I bought for my husband who wears it nearly always. I think it's a great scent for men .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Blog Entries

I love this one, too. I agree that it has volume problems, so I've developed some workarounds. I use the shampoo and the aftershave with it, and I use a little of the aftershave mixed with EDT as a body lotion. The combination gives me decent sillage and projection - maybe even too much if I'm not careful. I can still get a good whiff at the end of the workday.

I'm hoping for a men's EDP, an extreme, or an intense on this one. The women's is really nice, too, but only performs moderately well on my skin.

I really like this one too.

A scent that is similar, but almost like a "summer variation" of it, is Romance Silver by Ralph Lauren. Despite having a lighter profile, Romance Silver lasts just as long if not longer and projects better.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

So when I was at work, as noted above, I said the juice went from strong to weak pretty quickly. However, as I was playing with the kiddos about 6-7 hours later I kept getting this great scent coming off of me and realized it was the Gucci that had been on my chest. So maybe it seemed more skin like to me for a bit but was still projecting. I may lean towards getting a larger sample of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    I love Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme- it's one I bought for my husband who wears it nearly always. I think it's a great scent for men .
    Good to hear!I always like a woman's perspective. Thanks.

Thanks for the advice Redneck and Sculpture!
    --Ben Hogan

Wanted to add here that for Christmas my wife surprised me. She knows I love scents but as I expressed here she can sometimes not care at all about them and pretty much just likes Burberry London and another she got me D&G Light Blue PH. Without asking me she went and tried things and asked around. She ended up getting me this and loves it on me. I must admit I've come around alot on it. I have to overapply a little before work but once there it dries down nice and I can still smell 7-8 hours later. Very good for work and these usually aren't my style. I give her alot of points for going out and doing some legwork for me.
    --Ben Hogan

i also revisited this a couple weeks ago after reading the Gucci Guilty for Men thread and being interested in the whole line. Before i tried it again i difnt like it, but when i revisited the bottle that i had that my friend gave me, i actually really enjoyed it.

revisit this one guys. its a good scent

I'd rather this than liquid cakes people wear. Especially in places I can't easily run away from.
    Don't care for it much though.