Code of Conduct

Thread: Heritage

Default Heritage

I have read your reviews and it seems many opinions gravitate around the similarity with BdP which is nothing but possitive in my book. It also seems that many consider it an up to date fragrance suitable for todays taste and rather versatile that plays in a confort zone.

I was always under the impression that Heritage will be a very formal and old fashioned fragrance, in fact the few times that I tried on me I failed to find a resemblance with BdP and I was inclined to mark it as very formal and somehow dated. (nothing wrong with that either).

I would like to know if you support the idea of heritage being still "modern" and polifacetic or you think is dated and too formal. I guess,as usual, it comes all to personal preferences but since there are many well educated noses among us your opinions are important.
    Thanks
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Heritage

I love Heritage. I am currently wearing the vintage Eau de Parfum today, a bit richer and luxurious than the EdT.

Yes, it's formal - but I am wearing it with khakis and a long sleeved shirt at my office, and I feel totally comfortable wearing it. Dated? I do not think of it in those terms, it doesn't smell like a '1992 fragrance'.

I do not like Bois de Portugal. But I love Heritage.

I do not think it is modern, but that's never been what I look for from Guerlain fragrances.

If you enjoy the way the juice smells, wear it!

Very few fragrances smell dated to me, but Heritage is one that does. For some reason I don't like it at all. To each his own. It would be a very boring world if we all liked the same things.

Reminds me of Zino (that's the EdP). No, definitely not dated but also not the cucumber onslaught either. It's bittersweet and serious. Virile and suave. Doesn't smell at all similar to BdP. Different constellation in this universe.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I love Heritage.

+1 Agreed.

Dated, not IMHO. Classic, yes. Formal, indeed. Relation to BDP? No idea, I never tried it. But it does soemhow resembles the style of Chanel pour Monsieur Concentree and Tiffany for Men. Guess you've got the idea.

Heritage is a lot closer to Zino than it is to BdP, imo

dont know...tried it and found it very similar to Burberry Brit...nice and pleasant, but not my cup of tea

I think Heritage is a beautiful fragrance and IMO, not at all "dated". It is elegent, suave and georgeous. Can't wait for cooler, drier weather so I can wear it again!

Edit: Find no resemblance to Zino, which I also wear and like, and have never experienced New York so I can't comment. It smells so Guerlain as to make it hard to have it resemble any other houses fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by fraddicted View Post
    I think Heritage is a beautiful fragrance and IMO, not at all "dated". It is elegent, suave and georgeous. Can't wait for cooler, drier weather so I can wear it again!

Edit: Find no resemblance to Zino, which I also wear and like, and have never experienced New York so I can't comment. It smells so Guerlain as to make it hard to have it resemble any other houses fragrance.
    I agree with this entire statement, especially the bolded part (emphasis mine)...Heritage might have some of the same notes as Zino, Bois Du Portugal, or New York...but it has that unmistakeable "guerlainade" accord running all the way through it from the top notes through the drydown, so it really smells different than those other three.
    It might not smell specifically "modern" due to its complex richness (I personally think "modern" means more streamlined and deconstructivist), but I think of it as "timeless" rather than "dated". ("Dated" meaning the product of a trend or fad lasting a short time and no longer relevant.)
    I wanna say something. Im gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you dont, send it right back."

Zino has more tobacco and less vanilla (if any). There is also Moods Uomo, with no major tobacco or vanilla. There is something about the base of Heritage that is too much for me, and this is also true for Envy for men. Is it a combination of vanilla, patchouli, cedar, and amber? I wish I knew. I have to be in the mood for Zino or else it irritates me, but Heritage just bothers me all the time.

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I love Heritage. I am currently wearing the vintage Eau de Parfum today, a bit richer and luxurious than the EdT.

Yes, it's formal - but I am wearing it with khakis and a long sleeved shirt at my office, and I feel totally comfortable wearing it. Dated? I do not think of it in those terms, it doesn't smell like a '1992 fragrance'.

I do not think it is modern, but that's never been what I look for from Guerlain fragrances.

If you enjoy the way the juice smells, wear it!
    Quote Originally Posted by fraddicted View Post

I couldn't agree more with these statements. I have Heritage EDT ( old formula) and even though it's not "modern" smelling, dated is out of the question. When something is well executed, it is timeless.