Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Question Describe B*Men to me please!

I love Thierry Mugler fragrances. What i do not love is buying a fragrance blind and hating it. B*Men is available online for a mere $25, however i am avoiding buying anything fragrance related as i'm trying to save money. I'm really interested in hearing your opinions on it, and especially a breakdown of its development and/or notes, whether or not you like it, etc. Thank you guys

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Describe B*Men to me please!

a less gourmand version of A Men, I find it more wearable but less interesting.
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Basteri View Post
    what he said, but it also to my nose has a strong cumin smell that I really don't care for. find a sample before you buy, I'm glad I did.... take care

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Basteri View Post
    agreed. i think i would describe it like A Men, with less patchouli and chocolate but with an added hint of fruit/berries (rhubarb, apparently...) on the opening notes.
    i like it a lot, it's softer than A Men (but that does not make B Men a "soft" fragrance, anyway...), probably less daring and more wearable... But A Men is more interesting. That's one of the few cases where a flanker can stand by its own right as a nice fragrance rather than a dull duplicate...

I even cheaper on the market place here on BN:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/256...ry-Mugler-BMen

Not half as good as A Men

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, really? I don't see it similar to A*Men at all.

B*Men is a very sharp, slightly sour and spicy rhubarb. I really don't get much of the same vibe from A*Men - doesn't strike me as a straight up gourmand, isn't so overpowering (though it does still have a hefty kick and longevity), and I find it a lot more wearable than A*Men (though I'm not a fan of B*Men either to be honest).

To my nose it smells like brown sugar with a touch of anise.

Post Thanks / Like

Oud Wood's opening and middle with a gourmand kick, coffee notes, caramel, coconut, rhubarb, and tar. The thick patchouli base as only Mugler can do. Structure is the same as A*Men, scent is completely different. This is more exotic, more spicy, but very well balanced with the sweetness which makes it a sweet and spicy exotic gourmand IMO. Hard to categorize for sure. This is also very similar to Diesel Plus Plus.

Based on your wardrobe and ratings which are similar in many ways to my tastes, I'm pretty confident that you will enjoy this.

Also -- doesn't project as much as A*Men (still very well though) and longevity is usually 8+ hours, at least for me. I need to buy another bottle of this when I get around to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of opinions but here's the real scoop: It resembles A*Men but they are not the same. Straight out of the bottle, it has a sweet, fruity, spicy aroma that is eventually accompanied by lots of woods and then dries down to a scent reminiscent of A*Men. Its not as daring or as challenging as A*Men, but that makes it more versatile in my opinion. I've worn it on hot days as well as cool nights simply because it isn't overbearing in anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by timkm1 View Post
    Lots of opinions but here's the real scoop: It resembles A*Men but they are not the same. Straight out of the bottle, it has a sweet, fruity, spicy aroma that is eventually accompanied by lots of woods and then dries down to a scent reminiscent of A*Men. Its not as daring or as challenging as A*Men, but that makes it more versatile in my opinion. I've worn it on hot days as well as cool nights simply because it isn't overbearing in anyway.
    Great review to sum it up, very well put. I agree that it's more versatile, but it also depends on how you wear this one. If you do 4 sprays on a hot/humid day, you're gonna be annoying some people lol. I usually just go one on the chest with this stuff and it's that good. It's one of the few fragrances I can do one spray, or even a half spray with and get the best out of it.

I would describe it as the worst fragrance I have ever bought, I only got it because it was cheap and I like the funky rubberised bottle. It smells like the aftermath of a chemical accident and makes me feel ill every time I wear it. The other worst fragrance I have ever bought would be Fracas for men which is used mainly as an air freshener when I really ought to change the cat litter.

Upon reflection, the cat litter smells better than either...
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Post Thanks / Like

My best description would be like a strawberry rhubarb pie with less sugar and some spices sprinkled on top. You don't get that dash of sweet strawberries, instead I picture more what a dried strawberry would taste like. It's not a repulsive sour smell at all, it's definitely intriguing. If you like gourmands, and you appear to, this is a good addition to your lineup. One thing you can say about it is there really isn't much else out there that smells like it, and for the price, it's definitely worth it. I bought it blind about a month ago and am pleased that I did. Plus the color scheme of the bottle is really nice.

At first, I think it impressed as a prune Danish pastry. Now I have a better understanding of the notes. My complaint is that the top notes are too strong, though nice, but don't last. Then the frag goes into a much less interesting phase. I wish the opening lasted longer but wasn't as strong. I would compare it to Armani Attitude for men rather than A*Men, with the rhubarb/licorice thing replaced with lemon and coffee. Ciel mon Jardin! has rhubarb and vanilla that is softer at first but lasts longer, for those who want a longer lasting opening that is similar to B*Men.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Warm, I think for evening or cold weather. More masculine than A*Men, I think it would conjure up images of older personalities wearing it.
    A*Men seems to be worn by everyone between 13 and 22.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeghead View Post
    Wow, really? I don't see it similar to A*Men at all.

B*Men is a very sharp, slightly sour and spicy rhubarb. I really don't get much of the same vibe from A*Men - doesn't strike me as a straight up gourmand, isn't so overpowering (though it does still have a hefty kick and longevity), and I find it a lot more wearable than A*Men (though I'm not a fan of B*Men either to be honest).
    I'd have to agree with Smeghead. I don't find it terribly similar to A*Men. I like it, but find the rhubarb top note to be very harsh and clashes a lot with the rest of the fragrance. My wife REALLY likes the rhubarb though.

To me, it's overly spicy and sour. In the drydown it gets a peanut butter type smell that I can't stand.

Post Thanks / Like

Compared to A*Men, it's a more sane, much less sweet, toned down yet similar gourmand with a "spiced toast" note. I liked it, but not enough to buy.

Post Thanks / Like

A strong rhubarb note, which is actually quite interesting and uncommon

Post Thanks / Like

I found a whole bunch of B*Men mini bottles today, and bought one. Haven't tested it out yet. I could probably pick you up one if you need?

Post Thanks / Like

I love B*Men. It smells like a drier, slightly less sweet version of A*Men. To me it smells a bit like YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme with cherries or rhubarb added.

im wearing it right now. i love it. its spicy and sweet at the same time. tho it doesnt smell like a men, it has a similar aura. i cant explain it.

the first time i ever sprayed it i absolutely hated it. i thought it was way to strong and old manish, but i sprayed it wrong. to close and too many sprays. i was a big time beginer. but if you learn how to correctly use B*Men(2 sprays max and spray kinda far), its a thing of beauty