Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution

Default 3 new MPG's: Vocalise Jasminee/Gingembre de l'Eau pour les Jeune Homme/Fraicheur Muskissime Intense

I happened to stumble upon this picture, from MPG, that they posted on their Facebook page that seems to announce that they have three (3) new fragrances on the way: Vocalise Jasminee, Gingembre de l'Eau pour les Jeune Homme & Fraicheur Muskissime Intense. They seem to have categorized them under the name 'Les Eaux Extravagantes'.

I haven't heard anyone speak about these at all. WTH?

Does anyone have any more information about these (notes, prices, etc)?

Default Re: 3 new MPG's: Vocalise Jasminee/Gingembre de l'Eau pour les Jeune Homme/Fraicheur Muskissime Inte

Thank you, Mike. These seem like flankers, perhaps a first for the house.

My MPG favs are Magnolia Pourpre (floral leather with vanilla), Jardin du Nil, Parfum d'Habit and Rose Muskissme.

I hope to try these.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Default Re: 3 new MPG's: Vocalise Jasminee/Gingembre de l'Eau pour les Jeune Homme/Fraicheur Muskissime Inte

wow, MPG bottles keep getting worse. Great perfumery house, horrible designers. Do you have the notes for these? anything by MPG is interesting.

From their names, I can tell these are variations on existing fragrances. Nothing really new but could be interesting. Vocalise is extremely femme (fruity) now add jasmine and see what you get Merci, anyway.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Ekove View Post
    wow, MPG bottles keep getting worse...
    I totally agree...quite revolting aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I totally agree...quite revolting aren't they?
    LOL! Like the original bottles, which I thought could not get any gaudier! (Actually, I love the scents IN those bottles.)
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Gingembre means gingerbread, or just plain Ginger?

Sur la Plage

I'd rather they spent time/money/resources on something new - not flankers.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Gingembre means gingerbread, or just plain Ginger?
    I think its just ginger which in spanish is very similar.
    Last edited by Futami; 31st August 2010 at 09:12 PM. Reason: typo

Is that little band thingy on the bottom part of the bottle PART of the bottle? Oh, please god no.

Other than that, a gingery flanker for Pour Le Jeune Homme sounds good.

A new MPG or three is still worth getting excited about. C'mon guys!!

edit: Can someone tell them to please get Bois de Turquie on their website!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

AromiErotici

Am I the only person here who happens to dig their unorthodox bottles? I especially like the vintage cut glass retro-tackiness of it all.....

As for these new releases, they look like variations of old themes in their line. I wish they would come out with a new release focused on patchouli.

Those bands are fricken horrible. I actually LIKE the gaudy factor of the red and clear bottles and the jeweled cap but I can't deal with that ridiculous band that has the resolution of something printed from a 1991 dot matrix printer.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

First: all hail MPG! ye unfaithful repent or die!
    second: what the frack is up with this bottle design??? birng back cut glass!!!
    third: hmmm not to keen about fraicheur muskisme but tomorrow i'll get my brand spanking new rose muskissme to compliment my 13 bottles of MPG )))) (yes i love this house!!!)

By the way to all those who havent had the pleasure to obtain a bottle of Bois de Turque...O MY GOD ARE YOU MISSING OUT OR WHAT!!! (sorry couldnt help it guys forgive me...)
    I take a bottle of wine and I go drink it among the flowers.
    We are always three ... counting my shadow and my friend the shimmering moon
    Happily the moon knows nothing of drinking, and my shadow is never thirsty
    When I sing, the moon listens to me in silence. When I dance, my shadow dances too.
    After all festivities the guests must depart. This sadness I do not know.
    When I go home, the moon goes with me and my shadow follows me

Li Po - II bc

I don't mind their bottles actually, just the horrendous jeweled cap. They seem like something you'd find in a dead old ladies drawer as something cheap she wore, those caps get me depressed. And the new bands makes them look like something you'd find in the dollar store. I always replace the caps of those, then they look decent, but if all of their new ones are going to have that horrible bands, I'd be a little hesitant to show my friends some of my favorite perfumes due to those ugly bottles

I don't know if the Eau for the Young Man needs any adjustment or flankers - imo, it's perfection by itself. But I'm curious anyway. The Fraicheur Muskissime probably needs an intense version - its fleeting nature has always been alluring but annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Does anyone have any more information about these (notes, prices, etc)?
    I'm especially eager to find out if they are inclusive flankers (same formula as OG plus additional notes)....or if they are substitution flankers (replacing coriander with ginger for instance) ?

No mention of these on Maitre's Website.

Quote Originally Posted by Futami View Post
    I think its just ginger which in spanish is very similar.
    It's french, gengibre in spanish and portuguese.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchy View Post
    By the way to all those who havent had the pleasure to obtain a bottle of Bois de Turque...O MY GOD ARE YOU MISSING OUT OR WHAT!!! (sorry couldnt help it guys forgive me...)
    Really nice... that's it - not outstanding! I too like their bottles, a bit over the top, but great! I have moved on a while ago since I don't accept the new watery, diluted quality and have meanwhile lost interest in new ones.

I must say that after revisiting a few of the reformulations, namely Route du Vetiver and Santal Noble, I too am losing hope for the brand. Bois de Turquie is great, imo, although it already was venturing away from the feel and raw depth of the older scents. The reformulations are ok at best. Santal Noble is an ok sandalwood now (yes, I used to like the reformulation better for awhile but now find it rather bland and it has a similar cedar/sandalwood accord as that in Rochas Man - the same chemical - blah), maybe a 3 star scent. The new RdV is rather.. gross. I'd rather wear straight rhus khus vetiver oil.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

It's the big paste jewel on the top that really is the cherry on the cake of their awfulness.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    I must say that after revisiting a few of the reformulations, namely Route du Vetiver and Santal Noble, I too am losing hope for the brand. Bois de Turquie is great, imo, although it already was venturing away from the feel and raw depth of the older scents. The reformulations are ok at best. Santal Noble is an ok sandalwood now (yes, I used to like the reformulation better for awhile but now find it rather bland and it has a similar cedar/sandalwood accord as that in Rochas Man - the same chemical - blah), maybe a 3 star scent. The new RdV is rather.. gross. I'd rather wear straight rhus khus vetiver oil.
    This is interesting. I have a sample of the new formulation Santal Noble and plan on adding it to my collection for the coming months. I think it's amazing, and by far the best sandalwood scent I've ever smelled. I really can't imagine anything being changed for the better in the vintage formulation.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by T. Rex, Esq. View Post
    It's the big paste jewel on the top that really is the cherry on the cake of their awfulness.
    After a few minutes of careful consideration, I have concluded that I cannot top this statement.

mtg, does yours have a figgy/fruity top note? From what I've read there may be two new versions of Santal Noble floating around. I'm referring specifically to the fig version.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

AromiErotici

mtg, does yours have a figgy/fruity top note? From what I've read there may be two new versions of Santal Noble floating around. I'm referring specifically to the fig version.
    I had that rendition 2 years ago. It even stated fig was in the accord where the coffee note used to be. Now the recent release seems to have gone back to the coffee.

What did you think of the fig version Aromi?

I originally liked it better than the old coffee version but have since changed my mind. The richness and depth of the old has won my heart.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Quote Originally Posted by T. Rex, Esq. View Post
    HERESY!!! there's only one possible response to such heresy...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSe38dzJYkY
    I take a bottle of wine and I go drink it among the flowers.
    We are always three ... counting my shadow and my friend the shimmering moon
    Happily the moon knows nothing of drinking, and my shadow is never thirsty
    When I sing, the moon listens to me in silence. When I dance, my shadow dances too.
    After all festivities the guests must depart. This sadness I do not know.
    When I go home, the moon goes with me and my shadow follows me

Li Po - II bc

AromiErotici

What did you think of the fig version Aromi?

I originally liked it better than the old coffee version but have since changed my mind. The richness and depth of the old has won my heart.
    I had gotten a sample of the original from Vibert and liked it. When I ordered a bottle, I was sent the different formulation in the 100ml bottle. I actually liked it a little better than the OG version and went back to site I purchased from and took a look at their listing. It listed all the notes for that particular rendition and in the heart accord, fig was listed.

I no longer have that bottle, but if I purchase Santal Noble again, I'll look for the 90ml cut glass original.

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    After a few minutes of careful consideration, I have concluded that I cannot top this statement.
    My work here is done! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchy View Post
    HERESY!!! there's only one possible response to such heresy...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSe38dzJYkY
    LOLOLOL!! NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!

I'm aware of the reformulated version supposedly having replaced the original coffee note with a fig note. In the particular sample I have (from Luckyscent by the way), I smell no fig, AND no coffee. So, either my nose just isn't picking it up, or it speaks to the theory of a SECOND reformulated version. Either way, I think it's fantastic.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense