Code of Conduct

Question Shipping Creed Flacons

I am thinking of purchasing an 8.4 oz Creed Flacon and was wondering if anyone out there has had much experience with shipping these. I have heard that they are prone to leaking with the jossling that occurs en route. Can it be shipped as is - if the top is taped down properly and the bottle padded adequately? Or is it best to decant the juice into a more tightly sealed container?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Shipping Creed Flacons

I do not trust the leather thingamajig to do more than look nice. Nor do I trust the Creed boxes to do more than look nice.

I have shipped them with the fragrance inside as follows:

(1) wrap entire glass flacon and stopper with protective soft paper such as store gift paper
    (2) wrap endwise with 1 or 2 complete circlings of book tape to pin the stopper in
    (3) wrap tape once, near neck, cross-ways to tension lengthwise tape if needed
    (4) wrap the entirety with large bubble-wrap, including ends, until it is basically a sports ball
    (5) flatten fragrance box and pack against inside of cardboard box
    (6) pack wrapped flacon into cardboard box with crumpled newspaper, bubble wrap, etc.
    (7) flacon should not move at all, and packing material should push back against flaps when closing
    (8) tape box shut and throw across the room or play ball with it.
    (9) no movement or glass close to cardboard - repack if needed.
    (10) use delivery confirmation, etc.

Never spilled a drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I do not trust the leather thingamajig to do more than look nice. Nor do I trust the Creed boxes to do more than look nice.

(1) wrap entire glass flacon and stopper with protective soft paper such as store gift paper
    (2) wrap endwise with 1 or 2 complete circlings of book tape to pin the stopper in
    (4) wrap the entirety with large bubble-wrap, including ends, until it is basically a sports ball
    (6) pack wrapped flacon into cardboard box with crumpled newspaper, bubble wrap, etc.
    (7) flacon should not move at all, and packing material should push back against flaps when closing

Never spilled a drop.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post

Never spilled a drop.

Thanks so much. I've shipped a sitar but never a Creed Flacon!

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    Thanks so much. I've shipped a sitar but never a Creed Flacon!
    The differences are minimal

I thought of getting one as well but i think i will have to decline since they are risky and because of oxygen exposure they will not have the same quality smell as it would from a bottle, even though if a royal exclusive was nice i would get it even though it only comes in a flacon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    The differences are minimal
    LMAO (I can just hear the book tape spooling off the dispenser!)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    I thought of getting one as well but i think i will have to decline since they are risky and because of oxygen exposure they will not have the same quality smell as it would from a bottle, even though if a royal exclusive was nice i would get it even though it only comes in a flacon.
    If you buy one shipped to the store, it's most likely going to get there without leaking. And if you only decant occasionally to an atomizer, and are scrupulous about keeping the top well-seated, I think you'll be fine. Modern Creeds are well-protected by their formulations. I don't think you need to worry.

Besides, the idea of our premier Creed fan not enjoying the beauty of flacons - unthinkable! Live a little!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

I shipped a half full Creed flacon a couple of years ago to a fellow Basenoter convinced I had the stopper fully in, wrapped and tied so tightly to the flacon itself the contents couldn't possibly leak. It did. It was embarrassing.

Somehow during shipping USPS the jarring must have slipped the stopper ever so slightly so that about 10% of the contents eventually leaked out into the rest of the padding/packing.

If I were to ship another flacon in addition to all other protective wrappings I would use clear box wrapping tape over bottom and over top a half a dozen times, over the stopper, moving it each wrap to completely cover the surface over the stopper and bind it to the body of the flacon.Then I would wind the wrapping tape again circumferentially starting at the top of the stopper in overlapping wraps down to at least half way on the flacon itself. And that just to secure the stopper to the flacon opening. I would make that som'bitch stopper as immovable as I possibly could.
    Last edited by kbe; 1st September 2010 at 01:07 AM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Blog Entries

^ WOW. But a good cautionary note! I thought I was being paranoid with TWO endwise wraps. Now I think that was being a bit careless.

After losing 4 ozs of Vintage Tabarome out of a flacon shipped from Parfums Raffy, I always transferred the juice into a quality aluminum bottle and just sent the flacon along with the package.

I rarely keep anything in splash bottles, no matter what they look like. I want the juice to last as long as possible. I transfer most everything into spray bottles.
    Last edited by pluran; 1st September 2010 at 02:05 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    after losing 4 ozs of vintage tabarome out of a flacon shipped from parfums raffy......
    the horror