Code of Conduct

Default L'Eau Trois (Diptyque) still in production!

I don't know how well known is the fact that L'Eau Trois by Diptyque is still in production. I know there are many fans of this scent, and I count myself among them. It is a superb dry herbal-myrrh scent -- very bracing and conveying a garrigue (warm mediterranean breeze) vibe. This scent has been discontinued and cannot usually be found in shops which carry Diptyque scents.
    HOWEVER -- while in London, I spent a delightful day with nukapai and she took me to the Diptyque boutique on Marleybone Street. That is wonderful store. And to my delight, I saw L'Eau Trois there! I asked about it and yes, although discontinued the Diptyque "powers that be" have bowed to customer requests and carry it in a few of their top-line boutiques. The store is accepting mail and online requests, I think.
    Good news!
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Default Re: L'Eau Trois (Diptyque) still in production!

I know the San Francisco boutique has a few bottles -- in the back, not on display -- but I assumed this was just older stock. Good news to hear the supply is still being replenished.

(Ironically, I couldn't quite pull the trigger on a purchase; the SF store only had 100 ml bottles, and 50 ml is all I'll ever need or want.)
    Spray it, don’t say it…
    WARDROBE

Here, in Italy, is still available. I really like this scent!

That's great news. I assumed it was done for.
    '...And you'll carry me down on your dancing
    To the pools that you lift on your wrist...'

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    I know there are many fans of this scent, and I count myself among them.
    Me too.

Wrote to Diptyque by email on Saturday after seeing this thread as I was really interested in getting myself a bottle of L'Eau Trois before it is gone forever. Received a very nice phone call this morning from the Marylebone store telling me that they only have 6 bottles of this lovely juice left and that they are stored out the back.

With all the fragrances I have, I probably don't need 100ml of this but that's all they have left... I went for a bottle, of course; just hope it stops chucking it down here in London before the 'Summer' is over so I can try it out!

To confirm.

I saw this in Paris. It is now a Paris exclusive.

I love mine! (thanks scent!)

for swap/sale:

Glad that this thread helped steer you, The Aromaholic. I'd consider your purchase as an investment!
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

This is one I've really wanted to try and can't find anywhere. Diptyque is one of my favorite houses and I'm hoarding my bottles of virgilio at the moment. I might have to call the SF store and see if they have a sample they could send.

Virgilio is excellent too, I wish I could report that that was still available.
    odysseusm

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    Virgilio is excellent too, I wish I could report that that was still available.
    I fortunately have snapped up 2 50 mL bottles in the past couple months on eBay, so with my rotation I should be good for another 30 years or so....

Odysseum:
    I bought my Virgilio at a Dyptique store (victor Hugo) in Paris last year. I don't think it is in production, but I think they had enough bottles. In fact, they had bottles of all their scents, past and present.

cacio

Yes I was about to say I think Virgilio is available in the 34 Boulevard Saint Germain boutique.

for swap/sale:

A few weeks ago, several bottles of l'Eau Trois and Virgilio were both available at the SF boutique. They said they still get them in their shipments from time to time, and that it's just old stock that's being sold off.

Good news for L'eau Trois and Virgilio fans who live in the USA: both can be gotten from the Diptyque boutiques in Manhattan: Bleecker Street (212.242.2333) or Madison Avenue (212.879.3330). I think they're probably also available in any other major cities that have Diptyque boutiques.

As Cyrano was saying, I stopped by the Madison avenue store and they have all the fragrances (don't know if old stock or still in production), including Eau Trois, l'Autre, Virgilio and Eau d'Elide (only in 100ml). The rest of the line comes in both 50 and 100ml.

cacio

I love Eau Trois.

It reminds me of hunting in West Texas when I was a kid. Pushing my boots through the heavy cover and smelling all the great and clarifying/invigorating natural smells out there.

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    As Cyrano was saying, I stopped by the Madison avenue store and they have all the fragrances (don't know if old stock or still in production), including Eau Trois, l'Autre, Virgilio and Eau d'Elide (only in 100ml). The rest of the line comes in both 50 and 100ml.

cacio

At the Diptyque shop on Brook Street I was told that L'Eau Trois was still in production but only in those larger bottles and with limited distribution (Diptyque shops and Liberty). An interesting scent....it reminded me of another dry resinous one, Aesop's Mystra; but more herbal and much nicer smelling, even if ultimately not to my taste.