Code of Conduct

Default BULGARI MAN Who else likes this besides me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BULGARI MAN Who else likes this besides me, Am I crazy...
    I really enjoy this,
    Maybe this is a good addition for Fall and Winter>??>
    -AVENTUS-

Default Re: BULGARI MAN Who else likes this besides me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I could find it, I'd probably love it. No Bloomingdale's immediately near me. Any other folks have it?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBee456 View Post
    I really enjoy this,
    Spill! What's it like???????????

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBee456 View Post
    I really enjoy this,
    Why are you screaming?
    Seriously though, I quite like it. It reminded me a bit of Essenza di Zegna and it's suitable for a year-round use in my opinion. The only downside is its average projection, but it may be an advantage to some as well.
    And yes, the bottle is gorgeous.

As I already mentioned in another in another thread, I find it somewhat similar to Prada Infusion d'Homme. I think it's the iris in Id'H and the "Vegetal amber" in BM where I make that connection. This isn't loud, but it does have pretty good longevity. You can easily wear it all year, though I would think you might want to opt for something heavier during the winter...

I think the bottle is a thing of beauty, but the actual fragrance is rather sub par. It just reminds me of 212 Men.

I just picked up Bulgari Man last night at Ulta. I went in looking for it and tried it very briefly. Honestly, at first it didn't wow me, but I was already wearing Avignon so I didn't have a clean slate on which to try it. Still, I bought it anyway on the strength of the Bulgari House-- I love everything they've released and I gambled that I'd really like it.

I got home and took a shower and put on some Bulgari Man. I really love it! The "white honey" note is my favorite part. I like the pear accord as well. The interplay between the sharp pear and sweet honey is something like enjoying a fine cheese plate paired with a nice wine.

It lasts a long time on skin too. I'll review it more in detail at some point, but my first impression is that I like it and find it an interesting addition to the Bulgari line.

Sur la Plage

Not me.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I find it rather unpleasant.

I find it rather disgusting, one of the few fragrances I had to wash off my wrist after application.
    Looking to purchase - Aventus any size or participate in a split

Blog Entries

I've been wearing it for the last two days from some samples I finally ordered. I really like the scent, and I think it lasts pretty well, but projection is very low even for me. It is very much a skin scent.

So, I love the smell, I just wish I could smell it more.

i like very much! the similar vibe with 212 is clear which has more projection but in my area is so popular. Longevity is great with a regular projection, i think is enough of both parts.
    Last edited by omniray; 20th November 2010 at 07:55 PM.

I'm a fan of Bulgari Man as well. Aside from Aventus, it's my favorite release of 2010.

I think it's a really nice fragrance. Great for evening and smart casual wear.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

I like it... a lot actually.

Meh.

I like it a lot too. I reach for it almost daily for the office.

I can see how some don't like it. The opening notes might do that. Once it settles down, it is very pleasant.

I like this one a lot too. No, it's nothing groundbreaking, but it does what it does very well. 7/10 from me!

I blind bought it for my birthday and my first impression was disappointment, because I found it a bit un-original for something coming from Bulgari. However, the more I did wear it, the more I did appreciate it and now I really like it.
    I find the top notes fabulous and I can definitely smell some honey and pear in this fragrance, like mentioned before. Oddly, I think it was the blend of those notes I found strange at first impression and now like them.
    It will probably never be my "secret weapon" I keep especially for special occasions, but I like it as a good casual scent for almost any occasion.
    I think I'll use it more in spring/summer, though.

Blog Entries

I like it. A bit more mainstream than I was hoping, but it's really enjoyable. A bit synthetic, and a bit less projection than I'd like, but the longevity seems good, and it holds up well for the duration.

Wife likes it, too. She kept asking what it was. I think this may show up in a month.

I love it.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

One thing I dislike about it, oddly, is the bottle. It's confused design. The weird contours of the bottle strike me as awkward, but I just don't get the goofy spray button on top-- it would have looked cleaner to have the button hidden, rather than sticking up, begging me to play whack-a-mole with it-- it's like the bottle already has a roof and then you have this little button sticking up like a weird chimney. I swear, it looks like something that Super Mario would jump on to get coins from.

Also, it seems Bulgari has learned nothing from their design problem of Bulgari Black and the "twist on/off" cap position. It didn't work for Bulgari Black and they finally went to a normal sprayer-- and then they come out with the same nonsense on this one!

Plus, from an aesthetic standpoint--and this may seem like nitpicking, but the overuse of the Bulgari name on the bottle is very tacky looking. On the top black plastic piece it says "Bulgari" in big letters. Then it says it in small letters over the word "MAN" The bottle would have looked much better with either one of those omitted. It's just redundant and looks bad.

I know, it seems like nitpicking, but details matter and somebody was snoozing when they let the clunkiness of the design slide on this one. Look at the other bottles-- they're great--solid design (except the original sprayer for black) and a consistent aesthetic. This one is just doesn't stack up. Ugly bottle.

I do like the scent though.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post

Plus, from an aesthetic standpoint--and this may seem like nitpicking, but the overuse of the Bulgari name on the bottle is very tacky looking. On the top black plastic piece it says "Bulgari" in big letters. Then it says it in small letters over the word "MAN" The bottle would have looked much better with either one of those omitted. It's just redundant and looks bad.
    I completely agree with that. I've always thought it looked quite tacky.

I was given this as a gift last night, the 100ml silver limited edition bottle. personally I love it !

its one of those fragrances when you spray it and a few hours later you get a wiff of it every now and then when you move and you try to do that same movement to get the wiff again. The longevity seems good so far and the dry down of this scent is what has made me love it. It started off as a loud and bold fragrance which to be honest smelt nice but wasn't anything special. When I smell my wrist now though there is something more unique about it and a lot more subtle and its just really impressing me!

sorry for my rubbish explanation, I'm a new comer to this hole "explaining a perfume" kinda thing.

I do recommend this fragrance though, its for younger males but I think everyone should give it a try as it is one of those fragrances that slightly surprises you as its so good!

Nice, pleasant office scent. So far I still enjoy it.

An amazing scent that I am willing to argue is better than most releases, designer and niche, due to its impeccable balance. Alberto Morillas is a (aroma)molecular magician.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

I wanted to like it because of the bottle, but it was just very pedestrian to me.

Sur la Plage

I was thinking of buying a bottle to replace my maximum strength Sominex. I have a feeling this would work faster.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I'm a huge fan of the Bvlgari line, but I do NOT like Bvlgari man. It is too sweet and very cloying to my nose ...

I admit to doing a 180 on this one. No, it is not the loudest or most exciting scent in the world and it's certainly not a panty-melter. However, it does 'woody-musk' in a high quality manner and is suitable for wearing when you want to give your inner drag queen the day off.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    i was thinking of buying a bottle to replace my maximum strength sominex. I have a feeling this would work faster.
    lmfao!!!
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I was thinking of buying a bottle to replace my maximum strength Sominex. I have a feeling this would work faster.
    You never fail to amuse me lol.

Love it

It's an odd one to my nose. It seems to oscillate between completely transparent synthetic woody/honey/white musk, and a weird, abrasive rotten pine bark accord. The vetiver, I think, is what doesn't quite fit. It could be either turned up to make it a vetiver-centric frag, or removed altogether. Not Morillas' best work, but not at all unpleasant. Just... kind of boring.
    My top 5: Sea Mist; Minnow; Crab, tiger, and almonds; Semprini; Rancid Polecat N° 2