Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Re: Today I Bought: September 2010

^^ Absolutely. This is a thread for stating what you've bought, not inviting comments as to anyone else's feelings towards it.
    Life's a bitch. If it were a slut it'd be easy.

Sorry, forgot to add, I've just blind bought Aramis Bermuda Tonic off Ebay. Let's hope it's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    Dimitri - those Derby's look splendid ! care to share where you got it form and for how much $$$'s
    Without revealing specifics:

The 100ml eagle bottle I bought from a European seller for just a smidge over $100.
    The 100ml Habit Rouge bottle off evilbay for just a smidge under $200.
    (The 125ml Les Parisiennes edition from another Basenoter a few months ago for less than $100).

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    Indeed, pictures are amazing.
    Thanks Matt! Thats me trying to get good shots from my 7 year old digital pocket camera.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Chanel Coromandel

Notes include amber, vanilla and patchouli.

nice score on the Coromandel. That's next on my wishlist.

Dior Fahrenheit Absolute
    Bulgari Pour Homme Extreme (replacement bottle)

Still looking for Armani Mania Summer Mens

Basenotes Institution

Dior Homme Cologne by Christian Dior

I've been aching for a bottle of this for years now...when I spotted a used bottle for sale here on BN I snapped it up.

Now that my wardrobe is basically iris free, this finds a very special place. I'm wearing some now and I am reminded of how wonderfully this scent captures the iris note.

Aramis Bermuda Tonic - arrived today. For £14 (c$20), I'm a happy man!

Creed Erolfa. A big 'ol 4 OZ bottle in the new style bottle off Ebay. I paid $125...that beats the $270 Creed website price, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Creed Erolfa. A big 'ol 4 OZ bottle in the new style bottle off Ebay. I paid $125...that beats the $270 Creed website price, huh?
    if it's real... quite the deal there!

Cooper Square by Bond No.9
    Gary

I caved & brought VC&A Midnight in Paris home.

Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille. Couldn't get it out of my head and Dullah likes it, so it's my birthday present to me.

Break it out in world tomorrow.

Came close on Midnight in Paris SoGent. It is nice. I do see slight similarity to Bvlgari Black.

Sur la Plage

L'Artisan Vanilia

Notes include ylang ylang, vanilla bean, amber and sandalwood.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Received today: Boxeuses

Not today but the last month:

Rahat loukoum; Encens et Lavande; Iris Silver Mist; Boxeuses; Santal de Mysore (no box); Cuir Mauresque; Boxeuses; La Myrrhe x2

Quote Originally Posted by Mon-Petit View Post
    Received today: Boxeuses

Not today but the last month:
    Rahat loukoum; Encens et Lavande; Iris Silver Mist; Boxeuses; Santal de Mysore (no box); Cuir Mauresque; Boxeuses; La Myrrhe x2
    Wow! Looks like you "saved" a lot of money. I too got my back-up La Myrrhe Let us know how you perceive Boxeuses in the corresponding thread here!

Wow! Looks like you "saved" a lot of money. I too got my back-up La Myrrhe Let us know how you perceive Boxeuses in the corresponding thread here!
    I'm letting it grow on my skin a few hours
    I find the color juice very elegant and fascinating; and the new packaging is not as bad as i though.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleNerd View Post
    if it's real... quite the deal there!
    Yeah, I just got a sample vial directly from Creed so I'll be able to do a direct side-by-side and see for sure. If it's fake, well, life goes on! The only things that gave me confidence was the 100% positive feedback and the fact that it's in the new style bottle and packaging, just like the one on Creed's website (with the blue label).

Lyric Man (50 ml) and Daim Blond (50 ml) arrived today.

A few days back, I got Safari for Men (125 ml), as a birthday present from my friend.
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

The Diptyque San Francisco store sent me an invitation to tonight's launch of Eau Duelle, a new vanilla-based scent at their Maiden Lane store. I showed up shortly after the scheduled time to find the store already pretty full. I was invited to have a glass of prosecco and sample some canapés, among them a bit of bleu-cheese and fresh fig pizza, and some cream cheese and cucumber on a foccaccia cube with a bit of caviar sprinkled on top. I scored a sample of their solid perfume for this fragrance, and they also threw in a small rose-scented candle — a couple of what the Cajuns call lagniappes, the shopper's version of party favors.

Of course, I ended up getting the 50 ml. size of Eau Duelle.

Diptyque Eau Duelle (2010) Fabrice Pellegrin Oriental
    ------------------
    Top Notes: Pink Peppercorn, Juniper Berries, Cardamom, Elemi •Middle Notes: Frankincense, Calamus, Black Ceylon Tea •Base Notes: Bourbon Vanilla, Haitian Vetiver, Cypriol.
    ------------------
    A nice, fresh opening, a good balance of the top notes. This soon shifts into the middle notes, with the balance here favoring the frankincense note. In the base the vanilla comes on like gangbusters, though the vetiver is there, and the slightly spicy, earthy, wood-like scent of cypriol, the Indian grass also known in Hindi as nagarmotha. The oriental character is very pronounced, and the sillage and longevity are above average, compared to other Diptyques. Interesting, because while almost all orientals have an amber note, it's lacking here, yet this still makes a very convincing oriental presence.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

Blog Entries

just waiting for it to come in stock/ship!

I also bought a bottle of Pure Malt the other day. I actually tried to cancel it, because I have a small decant, and I was a bit too gung-ho to buy a full bottle, but then I was told the order has already gone through, so I guess I'm stuck with it (which isn't necessarily bad since I really like it, but my wallet isn't too happy...)

I've just scored a half bottle (75ml) of Creed Epicea off Ebay for £28. It's not something I'd wear very often, so an ideal item/price.

Second bargain in a week.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Smeghead View Post
    I also bought a bottle of Pure Malt the other day. I actually tried to cancel it, because I have a small decant, and I was a bit too gung-ho to buy a full bottle, but then I was told the order has already gone through, so I guess I'm stuck with it (which isn't necessarily bad since I really like it, but my wallet isn't too happy...)
    Keep it a few months and sell it for some profit, or swap for something you want. Pure Malt is the equivalent of a $100 bill, its in very high demand

Got this gift set! 3.4 oz spray & 6.8 oz shower gel of Escada Magnetism! I will use it for bars/clubbing! I love the grape smell!
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR

Intimately Beckham today!
    "Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each!" - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    Keep it a few months and sell it for some profit, or swap for something you want. Pure Malt is the equivalent of a $100 bill, its in very high demand
    Wasn't it verified that it's being reissued? I lost track of those threads.

Anyway, I received by bottle Parfums De Nicolai's New York the other day. And last night I blind ordered Encre Noir.

Amouage Homage
    Montale Full Incense

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by A. Homme View Post
    Wasn't it verified that it's being reissued? I lost track of those threads.
    As far as i know its not a reissue, more so a stock dumping. I think they cant make any more for a few years since the stuff was aged in casks

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    As far as i know its not a reissue, more so a stock dumping. I think they cant make any more for a few years since the stuff was aged in casks
    Gotcha, thanks! I just noticed that Beauty Encounter hiked their price on it recently. I expected it to drop if they were truly re-releasing it.

Blog Entries

^ooooo! im digging those

Ungaro I - been looking for this for ages, delighted to have snagged a bottle.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Blog Entries

While wandering through the city yesterday trying to prepare for the upcoming SF meet-up (there's still time to join us!!), I picked up:

I also sniffed through the quickly-depleting selection of Parfums Regence at Jacqueline Perfumerie. Once I found out they were only $55, I decided I should pick some up before they disappear completely. I started off with Eau de Regence, sort of a cross between a citrus cologne and one of those cherry-topped orientals that always smell aquatic on me (like Royal Delight or Garrigue). I need to pick up Kolnisch Junchten the next time I can, and Santal was intertesting, too. There was a minty herbal one with Vert in the name that I'm curious about, too, as well as the Oak Moss one. The only one that I really didn't care for was the lavender one (I'm not really a lavender guy...).

Side note: I now have a deep respect for those of you who can take a decent picture of a perfume bottle. I swear I took a dozen pictures of this stupid bottle and, shockingly, this was the best I could do...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

My bottle of M7 50ml just arrived! They gave me the new version! arrrrghhhhh!

Today, I bought another M7 50ml, the vintage formula. This time I made sure it's the right one!

Edit: I have found somebody to swap my first bottle with a bottle of Chergui!

Edit: Sept. 14: Got my bottle of Chergui from a good friend. Swapped my first bottle of M7.

Last edited by volley2; 14th September 2010 at 03:30 PM.

Maison Francis Kurkdjian's Cologne pour le Soir. Will share it with Mrs. J.

It whispered "Buy me now!" this morning: Après L'Ondée

Creed`s Bois du Portugal.

Received a bottle of Lutens Daim Blond as part of a trade ... trouble is I cant remember who I traded it with ... sorry about that but thanks anyway its just lovely

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    Today my two vintage Derby's arrived! I have to say they look splendid, next to my Les Parisiennes reissue.

Nice find SOS! Amazing condition too.

Back to Black-By Kilian

Last week I purchased Le Labo Vetiver 46. It's my first Le Labo, and is something I've only recently discovered. I never would have guessed that my first LL would have been V46, I would have thought either B22 or R31, but V46 came in and stole my heart. I know it doesn't get much love around here, but I really like it.
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 14th September 2010 at 03:10 AM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Andy Tauer's L'Air du desert marocain: Finally!
    MFK Lumiere Noir pour Homme: Blind Buy.

2 of the 200 flacons in existence of Creed's Scent of Oger finally arrived today!

^Dullah nice pic!

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Arg.... (jealous)

I want this!

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    2 of the 200 flacons in existence of Creed's Scent of Oger finally arrived today!

Gosh...........I thought Creed Scent of Oger was an 'imaginary scent'...I never clicked on the thread on the MFD thinking it's another Creed parody thread

Finally puled the trigger on two frags that I have postponed until no without the slightest idea why.

If I had to downsize to, say, 10 or 15, these two would still make the cut.

Smellin good

After a period of withdrawal today I bought Black XS, really like it.
    "What out, you might get what you're after" Talking Heads

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    Gosh...........I thought Creed Scent of Oger was an 'imaginary scent'...I never clicked on the thread on the MFD thinking it's another Creed parody thread
    I assumed it was a Creed parody thread too, as I was clicking on the thread.

Picked up a "Vintage" 100 ml bottle of Chanel Pour Monsieur for $50 bucks in small shop near me. It's used, 90% full, no cap. I've been looking for the original (non concentree) version and forked over the cash. Did I get a good deal or did I get robbed?

Dimitri, thank you for the help!

Just bought 100ml of Lp no. 9 for Men by Penhaligon's

Can't wait for it to arrive!.

YSL L'homme after shave
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

I like this. I am starting to admire peppery scents. I think I'm going to pick up Burberry's The Beat tomorrow as well.

I ordered two vintage bottles of Montana's Parfum de Peau from www.reirien.com over a month ago, and they finally arrived…

I had gotten the impression that Rei Rien is a serious and reliable fragrance site, but I'm not so sure anymore. The description on Rei Rien mentions it being discontinued and shows a picture with an old-style packaging (I'm guessing 90's).

Unfortunately, this is not what I received. I got two bottles of the watered down, reformulated Italian re-issue from the early 00's (which is still in production afaik). Totally different packaging and not the same thing at all. It's like a smell-alike.

I wonder if they deliberately try to mislead customers, or if they simply don't know better. I guess it doesn't matter which, but my advice would be to either stay away or double-check exactly what it is you're buying.

I have to say that I did not expect a discontinued fragrance, illustrated by a vintage picture of said fragrance, to be a modern re-issue…

not going to buy it til the weekend, but im so exciting ill just post it now.

the one, the only, my future day time signature scent:

I bought a backup bottle of Chergui.