Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Re: Today I Bought: September 2010

Hammam Bouquet

Comme des Garçons edp 50 ml.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

original lacoste at tj maxx for $10! talk about lemon and lime... definatly a summer scent.

Creed Original Santal. I am on a SERIOUS Creed kick lately. I am building my Creed wardrobe up again.

To calm myself down after the whole Rei Rien debacle, I've purchased 2 x 7,5 ml of genuine discontinued vintage Parfum de Peau extrait. I also got a vintage habit de fete bottle of Shalimar edt and a 15 ml mini of Ambre Sultan.

I already feel a bit more relaxed.

Quote Originally Posted by Furriner View Post
    Comme des Garçons edp 50 ml.
    Perfect for the fall/winter!

Decided to see how I would like it.

Got the 100ml. Just told them to keep the bag. lol

Diptyque Eau Duelle 100ml

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ctran019 View Post
    bravo my man, bravo welcome to the dark side

Some vintage Guerlain Mitsouko eau de Cologne

Penhaligons Opus 1870 EDT

2 Penhaligons Lily & Spice scented candles

Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 17th September 2010 at 04:03 PM.

Congrats on the EDC, Dmitri - any idea on the year? 80s or earlier?

This looks identical to the Vol de Nuit & Parure EDCs I stumbled across a year or two ago.

It's a bit of a sad fact of life that relatively recent (20+ years) EDCs seem to have a lot more body weight and kick to them than some of the current EDPs . . .

I think this dates to the 70's mr. reasonable. It has the plastic stopper, but the engraving on the base of the bottle dates it between 1972 and 1979.

I agree though... a Mitsouko EDC I have tried from a sample (not from this bottle), has much more staying power than the current EDT formulation. This difference is actually what inspired me to make this purchase.

Angel Schlesser Homme Oriental Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    I think this dates to the 70's mr. reasonable. It has the plastic stopper, but the engraving on the base of the bottle dates it between 1972 and 1979.
    Interesting - it certainly answers the perennial 'will my eau de cologne go off' question when you see Guerlain EDCs hitting forty and still standing. Nice one.

2 carded samples of Guerlain's - L'instant PH EDP! I wanna get the whole damn bottle, but it's insanely expensive!!!

Sur la Plage

Comme des Garcons Series 3: Incense - Kyoto

Notes include incense, cypress oil, coffee, teak wood, vetiver, patchouli, amber, everlasting flower and Virginian cedar.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

[IMG][/IMG]

Lumiere Noir Pour Homme Francis Kurkdijan

Terre d'Hermes pure parfum and Knize Ten

Samples:

Marquis Crown Perfumery
    Park Royal Crown Perfumery
    Spiced Limes Crown Perfumery
    Duncan Anglia Perfumery
    Richmond Anglia Perfumery

Chanel- Bleu de Chanel-- kind of underwhelming at first, but it may be a grower.

Guerlain-- Eau de Cologne Imperiale-- Hell yeah! Sure, the longevity and sillage are EDC strength, but what a great smell! It reminds me of Creed's Neroli Sauvage and Bois de Cedrat, but with a lavender note and some other differences. It has a nice floral quality that's neither masculine nor feminine-- and I love the herbal edge that it has. This is my first experience with Guerlain's line of eaux de cologne--and I can't wait to try the others such as Eau de Guerlain and Eau du Coq-- as well as the new one (forget the name). Granted, it's hard to screw up a fresh citrus scent, but this one is masterfully composed. I also really like the bee bottle.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    ...Guerlain-- Eau de Cologne Imperiale-- Hell yeah! Sure, the longevity and sillage are EDC strength, but what a great smell! It reminds me of Creed's Neroli Sauvage and Bois de Cedrat, but with a lavender note and some other differences. It has a nice floral quality that's neither masculine nor feminine-- and I love the herbal edge that it has. This is my first experience with Guerlain's line of eaux de cologne--and I can't wait to try the others such as Eau de Guerlain...
    You must get Eau de Guerlain next - it shot straight to the top of my eaux colognes in my wardrobe this past summer. Fantastic stuff. And it lasts much longer than Imperiale.

Basenotes Institution

I agree though... a Mitsouko EDC I have tried from a sample (not from this bottle), has much more staying power than the current EDT formulation. This difference is actually what inspired me to make this purchase.
    The Mitsouko EdC I own (from the 60's) has turned slightly, but it has amazing longevity and staying power. I would say it is even more peach prominent than my vintage EdT and 'new' EdT and it projects that oakmoss-chypre character very strongly.

Chanel- Bleu de Chanel-- kind of underwhelming at first, but it may be a grower.

Guerlain-- Eau de Cologne Imperiale-- Hell yeah! Sure, the longevity and sillage are EDC strength, but what a great smell! It reminds me of Creed's Neroli Sauvage and Bois de Cedrat, but with a lavender note and some other differences. It has a nice floral quality that's neither masculine nor feminine-- and I love the herbal edge that it has. This is my first experience with Guerlain's line of eaux de cologne--and I can't wait to try the others such as Eau de Guerlain and Eau du Coq-- as well as the new one (forget the name). Granted, it's hard to screw up a fresh citrus scent, but this one is masterfully composed. I also really like the bee bottle.
    +1 on the Eau de Guerlain - much more than just an EDC in terms of structure.

Eau du Coq is superb and I have emptied half a bottle of the new one, Eau du Cologneur, this summer already - I think it's a great addition to the collection - the subtle green note they talk about works a treat .

Quote Originally Posted by jcrich View Post
    Aramis Bermuda Tonic - arrived today. For £14 (c$20), I'm a happy man!
    Yeah, this is a good one.
    Lovers of Body Kouros take note!

1000 by Jean Patou

Thanks for the suggestion on the Eau de Guerlain, Mike_P and Mr. Reasonable. I was already wondering which of the eaux to try next and your endorsements of EdG make it a shoe-in. I'm putting it on the top of my shopping list!

Frederic Malle - Carnal Flower 100ml
    Guerlain - AA Mentafollia 75ml
    Guerlain - L'Heure Bleue parfum (vintage)

got another bottle as a gift today.

about to go officially buy Chanel Allure Homme Sport.

VERY excited. when i get it and come home ill tell u guys my official review/opinions on it.

Comme des Garcon Sequoia
    Armani Summer Mania

Both via BN'ers.

Mouchoir de Monsieur

WONDERFUL Floral Scent ...very honey-ish ,too Congratulations
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Jacomo Aura for Men (2000) Henri Bergia Woody Fougère
    ------------------
    Top Notes: Juniper, Clary Sage, Green Lemon, Ginger •Middle Notes: Green Tea, Nutmeg, Cinnamon, Tonka Bean, Tobacco Leaves •Base Notes: Sandalwood, Cedarwood, Musk, Patchouli, Amber, Cistus
    ------------------

Compared to other Jacomos I have known, this seems to be returning to old-school tastes. It has a much better overall projection and sillage (but sadly, not much longevity), and carries the spicy-woody fougère genre back to its roots in the early 80s. Juniper and clary sage are among my favorite top notes, and are only a little bit held back by the ginger in the top. The rest of the spicy notes are dead-on, and complement the tobacco leaf note in the heart. The addition of cistus labdanum in the base is a noticeable plus, too.

Amouage Opus I (2010) Daniel Maurel Chypre
    ------------------
    Top Notes: Bigarade, Plum, Cardamom •Heart Notes: Ylang-ylang, Rose, Jasmine, Tuberose, Lily of the Valley •Base Notes: Papyrus, Cedarwood, Guaiac Wood, Frankincense, Tonka Bean, Sandalwood, Vetiver
    ------------------
    Very rich and long-lasting with a pronounced sillage. The notes are exquisitely chosen; my only regret is that there's no moss in this. Nevertheless, it makes a beautiful chypre impression. The plum and cardamom in the top save it from being a cliché, and the unusual blend in the base with papyrus is a lovely touch also. Maurel is proving his prowess with this one.

Amouage Opus II (2010) Michele Saramito Fougère
    ------------------
    Top Notes: Lavender, Absinth, Pepper, Pink Bay •Middle Notes: Jasmine, Rose, Cinnamon, Cardamom •Base Notes: Cedarwood, Patchouli, Amber, Musk, Frankincense
    ------------------

This seems to go through a fairly rapid development, and goes quiet sometime between the start of the heart note and the beginning of the base. I like it very much, except for the quietness of it. I wish it stayed as noticeable throughout as it does in the top note. I liked it enough to have ordered it, so that should say something about my willingness to get beyond my reservations. I do, however, think it will require more than I applied today to satisfy my nose. I want to say I think there's some confusion about one of the top notes here: the note listed in English as "Pink Bay" is, I fear, a mistranslation of the French "baies roses," which is actually what we usually call pink peppercorns in English. I don't smell bay laurel in this; the pink pepper seems more plausible to my nose.

Because I bought all three, I got a ten-percent discount. Considering the total price, that wasn't insignificant.
    Last edited by JaimeB; 18th September 2010 at 07:32 AM.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by M.T. View Post
    Decided to see how I would like it.

Got the 100ml. Just told them to keep the bag. lol
    Nice Score. This and my GIT have gotten me the most compliments of anything I own. Period. I love the way it smells too. Today I bought 100 ml of Dior Homme + deodorant stick. I have been on the fence about this one lately and decided to own it again. I had a bottle a long time ago and never replaced it. I felt like I didn't want it anymore but perhaps I will give it an occasional wear. I kinda like it again lol.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

jovans ginseng nrg

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    Nice Score. This and my GIT have gotten me the most compliments of anything I own. Period. I love the way it smells too. Today I bought 100 ml of Dior Homme + deodorant stick. I have been on the fence about this one lately and decided to own it again. I had a bottle a long time ago and never replaced it. I felt like I didn't want it anymore but perhaps I will give it an occasional wear. I kinda like it again lol.
    Thanks. Wasn't going to buy it due to all negatives assosiated with it.
    Just had to look past all that.
    Wore it for 2 days. Lots of compliments. I could see why it's hated too.
    Must of done like 3 sprays, didn't want to over do it.
    Only used my GIT once. I'll see how that one goes.

Haven't gave Dior Homme a chance, although I do own the sport version.
    One of my favorites for the summer.

It will, believe me, it will.

Molinard Habanita and Dolce & Gabbana By

Life-changing purchase. Bought it blind at Nordstroms. Greatest thing i have ever experienced with my nose.

Creed Royal Delight and Tea For Two.

Pretty excited.

I've just made three bids on Bond no 9. samples.

Eau De New York
    West Side
    Coney Island

Having a bit of a re stock.
    A Men Pure Malt
    Chanel Bleu (Love it after about an hour)
    Crown Imperial
    and.....
    Jean Patou Pour Homme!!!!

La Nuit De L'Homme EDP
    by Yves Saint Laurent

Montale Black Aoud, 20 ml.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Halston Man Amber (2010) Woody Oriental
    ------------------
    Top Notes: Geranium Leaf, Thyme, Bergamot •Heart Notes: Pure Amber, Myrrh, Labdanum •Base Notes: Oud, Atlas Cedar, Musk
    -------------------

Warm, inviting, moderately complex. Predominantly woody, balsamic, and amber notes, with some myrrh resin. The geranium leaf in the top note makes a passing reference to green and floral, supported by herbal thyme, but goes deep fairly quickly. If you like woody orientals, this is probably for you. Much better than the last Halston masculine, by the way.

An SA also very generously gave me a decant of Monsieur Rochas (the original formulation by Guy Robert form 1969) from a full bottle that he had found on E-Bay. [The juice is not red, as in the reformulated version pictured in the Basenotes database, but a golden amber color, and the bottle resembles the Basenotes database picture of Rochas Macassar (also pre-reformulation), except of course, for the color of the juice.] •Top: Bergamot, Caraway, Clary Sage, Lavender, Lemon •Heart: Carnation, Cardamom, Cedar, Galbanum, Geranium, Vetiver •Base: Musk, Oakmoss, Patchouli, Tonka Bean. Exquisitely old-school.
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

Male irato ferrum committitur.
    It is an evil thing to arm an angry man.
    —Seneca

L'instant de guerlain pour homme ( edp )
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR

Sur la Plage

Parfums de Nicolai Vetyver

Notes include vetiver, cumin, black pepper, clove, coriander, ylang ylang, jasmine and tonka bean absolute.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

buying my second bottle of this tomorrow. Bought one yesterday

Gucci Rush(men) 3.4 fl oz
    -$80 ebay!

Sample of Dior Homme.

While in Andalusia (Spain) last week:
    Terre d'Hermes
    7 (Siete) by Loewe (Those who enjoy Hinoki-like scents will want to check this one out) I noticed the sillage of this one as I walked into a perfume shop in Malaga and asked a male employee nearby if he could tell me what it was I was picking up. He happened to be wearing it and told me that it had apparently just come on the market. Its somewhere in the neighborhood of Tam Dao, Hinoki with some aspects of Armani's Bois d'Encens (to my nose at least). He also told me that it is the signature scent of some famous bull fighter lol. Edit: I just checked out the search function and see a thread is already going on this one. Nice to see what this bull-fighter looks like. I did base this purchase entirely on that first impression though.

A bit late in joining the party, but with autumn snapping at summer's heels, it just seemed right.

Earlier this week, Eau Claire des Merveilles
    Evenstar