Code of Conduct

Cool Possible fake Poision!?!?

Ok, so today my girlfriend bought a 3.4 oz bottle of Dior Poison at a local store, and we are both very suspicious about it. Now, I've bought several frags from this place all of which have been legit. Anyway, the reason we are suspicious is because first, the cellophane had obviously been re-glued, second, the code was removed from both the box and the bottom of the bottle on the sticker. Also, for what it's worth, the inside texture of the box has a sort of fuzziness.

I know that the best way to tell authenticity is to smell it out, but I am just not as familiar with this fragrance. So, what is the purpose of the codes being removed, and what can this mean?

Note: I also compared bottles side by side at Dillard's and they looked the same. Also, smelled them side by side to no conclusion.

Default Re: Possible fake Poision!?!?

Chances are it's gray market which means that the fragrance company sold it to a country at a low price (usually due to exchange rate or economic structure) and that country sold it (or brought it to) the US to sell at a lower rate while still turning a profit. The serial numbers are removed so the fragrance company can't trace it back to the dealer who did it. Its not technically illegal, its just a dirty game. Your bottle was probably opened because they didn't have a tester and someone wanted a sniff.

thank you so much for your feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNY View Post
    Chances are it's gray market which means that the fragrance company sold it to a country at a low price (usually due to exchange rate or economic structure) and that country sold it (or brought it to) the US to sell at a lower rate while still turning a profit. The serial numbers are removed so the fragrance company can't trace it back to the dealer who did it. Its not technically illegal, its just a dirty game. Your bottle was probably opened because they didn't have a tester and someone wanted a sniff.
    I have 3 bottles of Pure Malt and one of them (that I bought first and as tester) is exactly as you described it. It came in black box and code from bottom of bottle was scratched with something sharp. It also doesnt have sticker "tester" on rear as second "regular tester" which came in white "tester" box with label "tester" and all Mugler text. Third one is sealed boxed version that I did not open yet. I bought first in one online shop and 2nd and 3rd in another online shop (that also works as wholesaler).

So it does mean that my first bottle is gray market version because it smells exactly like "regular" tester in white tester box and exactly like one that I smelled in retail shop so I am not afraid that its fake.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme