Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Ava Luxe Perfumes.

Hello all, I have been thinking of acquiring "Incense" or "Incense Tibet" by Ava Luxe. There are virtually no reviews in the directory, so I would appreciate thoughts and opinions regarding these two fragrances. Suggestions of other fragrances by Ava Luxe would also be well received.

Default Re: Ava Luxe Perfumes.

I got Madame X, Opoponax Intense and Ambra Tibet. The latter is nice, but I would not go for it again.

Basenotes Institution

+1 Madame X
    Vamp
    Midnight Violet - hopefully it will be brought back .
    Love's true Bluish Light
    Angel Face
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I have a sample of Incense Rose wich seems to last for ever - being both very intense and longlasting.
    The incense note is the one that persists, and thats for really long. If I use a few tiny dabs for eveningwear I can expect it to give incensy whaffs from my skin the whole day after. That is, even after a morningshower.
    Sometimes if find it "too much", but Im intrigued enough to come back to it. I like this incense note, I like the overall leaning towards a masculine scent - I dont find combinations with incense and any notable sweetness to work for me.
    Havent tried any other "Incense" from this line.

I went through an Avaluxe kick in 2008/2009, though I haven't tried the Incense scents yet. In general, I have had good experiences and find the scents to be high-quality and long-lasting.

I own the elusive Midnight Violet EDP. Amazing unisex scent, very dark and earthy. I also hope she will bring it back and soon as I don't have much left. Husband and I share the bottle I have.

I also have a perfume oil of No. 23. Very beautiful sandalwood scent, also totally unisex. I would have preferred EDP of this one but she was only offering perfume oils at the time I purchased it. Some have compared No. 23 to Diptyque Tam Dao.

I have tried and hope to own Carnet de Bal (old school oriental, very complex), Kretek (clove cigarette!) and Johri (green coconut musk, nice for summer).

Biba is a nice chypre and worth a try if you like the category. I didn't feel the need to purchase. I have also sampled Heart of Glass (mostly tuberose, nice but not for me), Rasa (an animalic mess and the only AL scent I have not liked) and Queen Bess (straightforward rose scent, not enough complexity or interest for me).

Definitely a house worth exploring!

Incense is straight churchy incense, Incense Tibet is sweeter and more ambery, imo.
    I love Moksha, Palisander, LTBL and Moss, too

I have a few Ava Luxes in my wardrobe.My favourites are Madame X, Love's true bluish light,Midnight Violet and Moksha.

The ones I love the best in my existing collection:
    Madame X
    Chypre Noir
    Love's True Bluish Light
    Mousse de Chine

Just purchased from the new site:
    Bois Exotique
    Wild Blackberry Musk
    Kashmir Spice
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Yup, another lover of Serena's work here. Her stuff is superb.
    If you want samples, you have to go to The Perfumed Court, or ask for swapsies on here.
    But in truth, her prices for the little 5ml bottles are so reasonable it's just worth taking the punt anyway.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Quote Originally Posted by Wordbird View Post
    Yup, another lover of Serena's work here. Her stuff is superb.
    If you want samples, you have to go to The Perfumed Court, or ask for swapsies on here.
    But in truth, her prices for the little 5ml bottles are so reasonable it's just worth taking the punt anyway.
    I agree! She is so inexpensive that it is really easy to have a nice collection of her stuff. Ditto with Laurie Erickson of Sonoma Scent.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~