Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default I came across an old bottle of Chanel No 19 but I cannot find it in directories.........

was I imagining things?

It was not in the typical feminine/perfume shaped bottles Chanel puts out, because I know there is a No 19 for the ladies.

I opened it up and it smelled masculine, so......has there ever been a No 19 Chanel for men?

Maybe No 18? I should have my eyes examined.
    Last edited by odioustoilet; 31st August 2010 at 02:13 AM. Reason: added ? mark

Default Re: I came across an old bottle of Chanel No 19 but I cannot find it in directories.........

Pic...?

Blog Entries

Default Re: I came across an old bottle of Chanel No 19 but I cannot find it in directories.........

Sorry, I guess I should have mentioned it was at a yard sale. What do they call'em there in Sweden or Holland?

Loppemarked.

You didnt buy? Perhaps the perfume had turned(?)

Basenotes Institution

Was it a column shaped, rectangular bottle like this: http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...9420_LARGE.jpg

Hillaire

No 19 m ight easily strike one as masculine, esp in the heavier concentrations. Esp in the original formula. I have a seventies vintage parfum that smells categorically "masculine", like a predecessor of Egoiste Platinum, oddly.

Chanel No. 19 was released in the 1970s as a feminine. Today, it smells like a "men's" scent.

It was marketed only to women. I know it does not smell like the fruity, sugary concoctions coming out for women these days, but it is indeed for women.

I have the new EDP, which seems less leathery than the EDT.

http://yesterdaysperfume.typepad.com...hanel--no.html
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Was it a column shaped, rectangular bottle like this: http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...9420_LARGE.jpg
    I came across that image of the bottle you sent a link of, and it is not the one I saw.
    It must be an original bottle from the 70's, it looked worn and weathered and not anything like the modern vessels that I have come across on the internet. Thank you all for your input.