Code of Conduct

Default Has anyone tried the new Antonio Banderas "The Secret"?

Has anyone tried this? Im going to make the bold statement that this is the most underrated fragrance on the market. It can also be bought for verrrrry cheap at CVS. I sprayed some of the tester on me a week ago and i immediately got compliments. im guna buy it tomorrow. has anyone else smellde it?

Default Re: Has anyone tried the new Antonio Banderas "The Secret"?

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    Has anyone tried this? Im going to make the bold statement that this is the most underrated fragrance on the market. It can also be bought for verrrrry cheap at CVS. I sprayed some of the tester on me a week ago and i immediately got compliments. im guna buy it tomorrow. has anyone else smellde it?
    No, I figure if I just think positively it'll appear before me.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    lol. i dont get it. is that a joke?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_%28book%29

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sweet and kind of thin. It reminded me mostly of a less well done version of Carlos Santana for Men, with a bit of the texture and annoying qualities of 1 Million mixed in. :\
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Unoriginal. Very similar to Paco Rabanne 1 Million but with less longevity and projection. He does not deserve my attention

would u guys rather have this or usher by usher? i know theyre both not great, but just if u had to choose between those two which one would u choose? and give a serious answer. not just "neither"

The watery copy of PR 1 million. There is already a topic on this exists.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/252...Men-The-Secret
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

well for 15 bucks im going to take the watery version of 1 million over 1 million itself. especially because when i tried "the secret" there was nothing watered down about it, so 1 million is prolly waaay to strong for my taste.

the secret it is

jonny, if you like it, that's all that matters. To be honest, I didn't find it to be bad smelling, and anyhow, that's not a category of scent that I find myself particularly drawn to in the first place. While I think 1 Million smells a bit better in some regards, I also think 1 Million is WAY too strong. I'd rather smell The Secret on someone than 1 Million. If you can find it - I sometimes see it at Gordman's, and it may be at TJ Maxx from time to time - sniff Carlos Santana for Men. I think you'd really like it and it would make a nice compliment to The Secret.

Regarding The Secret or Usher.. hmm, well, I'd go with The Secret but only because I don't remember what the Usher smelled like. I actually thought Usher UR for Men was a pretty decent spicy aquatic, though.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

yep. bought it today and i love it. and so do my friends who r girls.. so far so good

IMO, peope, including me, read the creator or see that its not a top brand and judge a book by its cover. not all celebrity fragrances are terrible
    Last edited by JonnyLeMale; 3rd September 2010 at 01:36 AM.

people have been saying it smells like 1 million. though i havent smelled 1 million, looking at the notes, they have some things in common, as well as being made by Christophe Raynaud

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    LMAO

Well, it's supposed to be some kind of law of the universe, but frankly I'm thinking it's a joke, too.

(On topic - I will be looking for this frag. The last Banderas scent I tried was very close to being a keeper.)

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    ... The last Banderas scent I tried was very close to being a keeper.)
    I hate the concept under which they are sold, but Puig made it for the fragrances sold under the brandname are excelent value for money. Let me explain: Mediterraneo has some calone in it (which is logical given the brandname), but after it is gone, what is left is a very nice composition that resembles a lot that of Signorricci 1. So I wonder if this is nothing but an updated version of the first one.

Antonio behaves much in the same pattern, to a point mid and base notes are, IMHO, classical.

Spirit VIP feels contemporary in a good way and manly. If you want with that feeling and you are not looking for originality, don't go over spending and choose this one.

Seduction in Black is Armani Code and the many designed after it. Same observation as the one before.

In terms of sillage and longevity, there is enough of them for you to feel what you arer wearing without the undesired effect of smelling them in other people, the way it happens with most best sellers.

I would not be surprised if they applied the same criteria when blending The Secret.

So, get over Antonio Banderas, you might as well say you are wearing something more expensive for people will believe you. In my case, I love to mention I am wearing a cheap drugstore scent marketed under a very tacky concept, it brings a face of surprise that is quite enjoyable.

Blog Entries

^ It was funny - when I was sniffing it in the drugstore, my wife found me and tried to hurry me up. I kept saying "But this is really good! And it's only..." (I don't remember, but it was really cheap). I had just bought something at a department store earlier that month, and she wouldn't hear of me getting another scent so soon. I think it might have been Seduction in Black, because I'm a Code fan - but I recall it being different enough that I was pleased with the overall scent. Swore I would return to try it again when I wasn't in a hurry. Maybe I'll try both.

I have to be careful, though - Banderas is one of my favorite actors. I have to purge myself of celebrity fanboy tendencies before making a buy!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto
    I have to be careful, though - Banderas is one of my favorite actors. I have to purge myself of celebrity fanboy tendencies before making a buy!
    +1 LOL.

I like Spirit btw. But Seduction in Black fails to leave any lasting impression on me despite my having tried it a few times.

Thumbs up Re: Has anyone tried the new Antonio Banderas "The Secret"?

I have it and quite honestly, I really like it! The little blurb in Esquire magazine claims to have a little "Play-Doh" quality...possibly because it has that cinnamon sweetness.

It is a good fragrance and at good prices...I would at the very least test it out if not buy a bottle...I do recommend getting this little sleeper scent...a must buy!

i smelled this before i smelled 1 million. people told me that its an exact copy. they were absolutely right. the smell is identical in my opinion, but obviously 1 millions projection and longevity is far more superior

I can't say - it's a secret...

i smelled this before i smelled 1 million. people told me that its an exact copy. they were absolutely right. the smell is identical in my opinion, but obviously 1 millions projection and longevity is far more superior
    They're definitely close, but not identical, 1 Million is far more complex, and The Secret is amp'd up more on the vanilla. I find 1 Million to be more spicy as well, while The Secret leans more toward the gourmand spectrum.

If money is a problem, then by all means, get The Secret.. people claim it doesn't project as much or last as long as 1 Mil. I beg to differ on the projection. It definitely projects, and projects very well, so potential buyers, don't at all be turned off if considering blind buying this, it has excellent projection.. not just on my skin, but in general, because I've sprayed this on my air freshener in car, and it projected to the back seat for quite a while. Longevity is definitely the downside though, it doesn't last nearly as long, but still a solid 6 hours.

I concur on the similarity and differences with 1 Million: I guess that if you find the later either pricey and / or too strong in terms of sillage and longevity, there are options around, The Secret being one of them. Lapidus' Black Soul would be another one.

I was in Walgreen's today and they had a sample of Antonio Banderas Golden Secret. I really like it and gave the sniff strip (what do you call those pieces of paper?) to my husband to smell making sure to cover up the name Antonio Banderas. He also liked it and I'm going back tomorrow and buy him some. It's the only AB fragrance I've ever come across. Usually I shy away from celebrity perfumes so this was a real surprise. Can't find any information on it on any of the perfume sites.

Any opinions from you experts out there?
    Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyMeszaros View Post
    I was in Walgreen's today and they had a sample of Antonio Banderas Golden Secret. I really like it and gave the sniff strip (what do you call those pieces of paper?) to my husband to smell making sure to cover up the name Antonio Banderas. He also liked it and I'm going back tomorrow and buy him some. It's the only AB fragrance I've ever come across. Usually I shy away from celebrity perfumes so this was a real surprise. Can't find any information on it on any of the perfume sites.

Any opinions from you experts out there?
    It's been said that whoever made 1 Million was also the nose behind The Secret. There are some good fragrances from this house though, I recommend Seduction in Black, Blue Seduction, Spirit, and Spirit VIP.

The Golden Secret is not really different from The Secret, maybe it is a bit more elegant. But the feel of 1 Million is still here.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

Smile Re: Has anyone tried the new Antonio Banderas "The Secret"?

Thanks so much for your comments on The Golden Secret. I know nothing about men's fragrances except when I smell something I like.

I love Basenotes.
    Betsy
    Items in my wardrobe not in the fragrance directory:
    Exhilarators (Elizabeth Arden Bath and Body Spa from 1980's - no relation to Sun Flowers )
    Chanel No. 5 Voile

I only remember something very sweet and powdery, nothing special so far, but maybe it just needs some additional testing before I can pass further judgment

I got it for christmas and used up my small bottle just bought the 3.4 oz one of my favorites. you have to remember the less people know of it the comliments from girls you'll get!

Extremely sweet and not very memorable IMO.