Code of Conduct

Default Basenotes Sweethears - the opposite position - deserved praise

A thread started was interesting, in that it asked if there were scents that were hyped and thought of very well, and then, after time, people are not all that impressed with. One listed was Terre d'Hermes.

So, what scents have been talked highly of here and say, after 2 or 3 years, still people are saying it is all that? For me, I would say that Tauer L'Air du Desert Morocain is still very much thought of as different than mass market, well crafted and something most people would like wearing.

Now these scents are not exactly scents that we say stand the test of time, having been around 30 years or more, like an Eau Savage. I am talking recent vintage scents, maybe 10 to 15 years at most, and they need not be groundbreaking, but maybe they are.

Scents that I think would not stand up to this are Villoresi Piper Nigrum. I get the feeling that people, me included, tend to think that maybe what is initially exciting about this scent, the mint and pepper rush, can also be that which is tiring after a while, and the juice moves from something that you could or would wear three or more times a week to something that well, you take it out much less than that now.

Default Re: Basenotes Sweethears - the opposite position - deserved praise

Malle's Carnal Flower seems to be loved by many and has established itself as "the" tuberose standard, despite a slew of tuberose fragrances over the past few years. I feel among the fragrance community it's ousted Fracas as the "reference" tuberose. It's not my all-time favorite tuberose, but it's excellent, and despite being niche and only out for five years, I feel its place as a modern classic is assured for at least the near future.

On the faddish favorites, I feel Domenico Caraceni mania came and went as its one good variant among the geranium-rose group among many. For a few-month stretch, it seemed like there was a new thread on it each week.

Sur la Plage

Dior Homme
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Deserved Praise:

Hermes Terre D'Hermes - an all-time top 5 for me and my current favorite.
    Dior Homme - Once the weather cools it will be in heavy rotation.
    Tauer LADDM - It's probably in my current top 5.
    Creed GIT - Number 1 all-time for me, Polo is right there with it.

L' air du desert Maroccain; Knize 10; Zino Davidoff (now sadly discontinued); Habit Rouge and Vetiver by Guerlain. Reviews have changed substantially with the loss of some of the "regulars" who were in a position to try and review many of the fragrances which seemingly have fallen from grace ( C&S 88 etc) Dimitri doesn't post here as often, nor does Mr. Guerlain or Jock. Our loss IMO!