Code of Conduct

Default Profvmum Roma favourites

What is your favourite fragrance from this house? I think they make som great fragrances. I own Victrix and Olibanum. I can`t use them very often, because they are a bit oily, and makes spots on my white shirts that want go away..

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Profvmum Roma favourites

I haven't tried too many yet. But I do like Volo AZ 686 - although I know a lot of other people don't.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

AromiErotici

Santalum ( old, dark formula) and Patchouly I thought were excellent. As good as they are though, the price point is a tough sell.

I would like to try more from Profumum, esp. Santalum & Olibanum.

I bought Antico Caruso. You may well laugh (cue Le Male comment) but I love it. Old school barber shop creamy almond - and that's about it. It's a comfort scent, great in winter. Silly price, really, but there you go.

Thumbs up Re: Profvmum Roma favourites

TUBEROSA, FUMIDOS and PATCHOULI, but all of them are really fabulous
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

I love Thvndra from this house!

One of my absolute favorites, it has all the green, earthy pungency I love on top of a really fine white musk drydown, smells extremely classic to me, and people notice and comment when I wear it!

I have also tried Victrix, Ichnusa, Fumidus, and Patchouli from this house, and found all very high quality, but Thvndra is the one that got me, it was love at first sniff.

They are very expensive, but if you find one that speaks to you as Thvndra does to me and that you want to use frequently, I think you'll find the bottle a bargain because I only use two small sprays at a time, and that amount lasts all day and into the night. This is one perfume house whose creations can never be said to suffer from poor longevity.
    ďI wanna say something. Iím gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you donít, send it right backÖ."

Is it only me that have problems with spots on clothes after using those fragrances? Has someone else notice it?

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Is it only me that have problems with spots on clothes after using those fragrances? Has someone else notice it?
    You're not the only one Oslo. Their juice is on the oily side and the 2 I mentioned will stain fabric if you're not careful.

Basenotes Institution

Fumidus, Thundra, Aquae Nobilis, Acqua Viva and Santalum are all just wonderful, but the high prices keep me from exploring this house further.

I had a bottle of this when it first came out and loved it, however since discovering i Profumi di Firenze Limone di Sicilia, I find this far better, longer lasting and a lot cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Haven't noticed this problem with Thvndra, but it's more or less a clear juice. It definitely has an oily texture to it though. I can imagine staining to be a problem with the darker-colored ones.
    ďI wanna say something. Iím gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you donít, send it right backÖ."

I have just one sample of Fiori d'Ambra .It's just so heavy ,haven't tried such perfume before,pretty much is just amber .

I own Victrix and Olibanum and enjoy them very much. I haven't noticed the oily/stain aspect, but I apply very small doses. The Olibanum is amazing, one of the best frankincense scents I have found.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by odysseusm View Post
    I own Victrix and Olibanum and enjoy them very much. I haven't noticed the oily/stain aspect, but I apply very small doses. The Olibanum is amazing, one of the best frankincense scents I have found.
    Agreed. Olibanum is my definitive favourite fragrance from this company. It`s challenging, unique, and very artistic. A true work of art, and total unique in my collection!

I love Antico Caruso. When I first tried it, I got the Le Male similarity big time, but now that I've worn it many times, it is quite different to me. I wear it a lot.

Smooth creamy almond. Very clean scent with presence. Pretty simplistic scent. Lasts all day. It is indeed on the oily side when applied.

I know they're pricey and they take a lot of knocks, but it is first rate juice.