Code of Conduct

Default Info on Amouage «Ciel homme» bottle & concentration

Hi,

I am interested in a « Ciel pour homme » bottle but I have 2 questions :

1. Is this scent available in “eau de toilette” and in “eau de parfum”? I thought it was available only in edt, because I have an official Amouage sample that says edt on it. But I have seen it described as edt and edp on Internet. Could it be possible that the old crystal bottle was edt , while the new clear bottle with the ivory cap is edp?

2. Does the 50ml of the new bottle have the same proportions as the 100ml? I prefer the new bottle with the ivory cap. And I would prefer to get a 50 ml size. I have seen the 100ml in a store, but never the 50ml. I know that in some cases, the 50ml bottle does not have the same proportions (height and width) than the 100ml. For instance, Déclaration 50ml looks silly compared to the 100ml : it is the same width, but shorter, which makes it look like cut in half.

Thank you for your time.
    Martin

Default Re: Info on Amouage «Ciel homme» bottle & concentration

1. As far as I know, it used to be EdT, but all of the current line of Amouage perfumes are EdP. Though some of them are still available in EdT concentration here and there, or on ebay of course.

2. The proportions of the 50ml are good, no surprises there. Of course the 100ml looks better but still good don't worry.

1. This is because when Amouage changed bottles in 2008, the concentration changed as well on many perfumes. In some cases the scent was reformulated as with Gold. Don't know about Ciel though.

yep, as said here before, the old bottles are edt, and the new ones are edp. The 50 ml bottle is a crimped version of the 100ml bottle. It`s just as beautiful as the big one! -And the fragrance smell great!

I contacted Amouage about concentrations a week ago, and was surprised they haven't responded. Perhaps they should pay more attention to customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    I contacted Amouage about concentrations a week ago, and was surprised they haven't responded. Perhaps they should pay more attention to customer service.
    The last time I sent them an email, it took them almost a month to reply me. The emailed started with, "I'm sorry for the late reply..." Quite the understatement, no?

Thank you all for your feedback.

So I understand that it is not possible to get Ciel pour homme EDT in the new bottle… Such a shame…

Oslo-Fjord, I am just not certain how I should understand your word “crimped” (I only found “curly”, which is obviously not suitable for the context). I would like to make sure the 50ml has the same proportions as the 100ml. For instance, let’s suppose the 100ml is 10 inches high x 4 inches wide. Is the 50ml 5x2 (which would preserve the same elegant shape)? Or is it rather 5x4 (which would make it look bad like a 100ml cut in half)?

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    yep, as said here before, the old bottles are edt, and the new ones are edp. The 50 ml bottle is a crimped version of the 100ml bottle. It`s just as beautiful as the big one! -And the fragrance smell great!

I'm not convinced that the actual concentrations have changed. It may be that they think that times have changed and males will now buy bottles labled "Eau de Parfum"
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

It has the same shape and propotion yes.

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    I'm not convinced that the actual concentrations have changed. It may be that they think that times have changed and males will now buy bottles labled "Eau de Parfum"
    This seems to be be my suspicion also....as i have two samples of Reflection Man...one from the era of ornate cut glass bottles labled EDT, and one from the newer modern rectangular bottles labled EDP, and they're identical in smell and of what seems to be identical strength in my limited testing with them. I can't say the same for Ciel as I only have the older style sample labled EDT, but maybe someone here has both Ciel samples?

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    Men in the middle east always bought Eau de Parfums no problem, it's actually not very likely for any middle eastern house to release EdT's. But maybe you're right and it's just marketing.

I don`t own the old edt of Ciel, but I own the edp, and sillage/longevity are very very good!

Proportionately the 50ml and 100ml bottles are about the same (a rectangle).

I have Silver (edp) but I had the old (edt) one as well and I could not tell them apart. Its already sufficiently strong so I also suspect they just started calling it an EDP. Same with Dia and Gold, I could not tell the difference. I only have the old Ciel so I cannot comment on the differences on that one.

I don't think the EDT to EDP change and bottle change at the same time is uniformal with ALL cases of amouage bottle change.

Gold has changed in scent as well as with reformulation with the changing bottle from the Omani dagger, as well as Dia. Ciel and Reflection I do not care for and do not know. I do love them though