Code of Conduct

Default UNGARO I Longevity question

hey people,

just got my bottle of Ungaro I , wonderful opening , absolutely love it BUT the top notes burn off in about 3 minutes, and within 15-20 it's a skin scent that is all but gone in 1 hour. Is this normal???
    I take a bottle of wine and I go drink it among the flowers.
    We are always three ... counting my shadow and my friend the shimmering moon
    Happily the moon knows nothing of drinking, and my shadow is never thirsty
    When I sing, the moon listens to me in silence. When I dance, my shadow dances too.
    After all festivities the guests must depart. This sadness I do not know.
    When I go home, the moon goes with me and my shadow follows me

Li Po - II bc

Default Re: UNGARO I Longevity question

yup! is that a no-no?
    When I sing, the moon listens to me in silence. When I dance, my shadow dances too.

Li Po - II bc

AromiErotici

Very good price for an excellent scent. The EDT lasts a few hours on me and does become a skin scent after an hour.......but........others can still smell it I assure you. You will get fatigue from the opening blast of this, but that dark aroma remains...

It is the EDT you purchased right? It doesn't happen to be after shave is it?

nope its the EDT, i expected to experience some fatigue though, plus my skin REALLY eats scents alive. not even black aoud or mazzolari lui survive for long but i though this was ridiculously short lived. The price is hard to beat though, and the opening is just wonderful!! On fabric it lasts longer so i guess that will be the way to go. Cant wait to get Ungaro II and am still looking for a seller that will send the red cap III to europe, only found folks who ship to the US.
    thanks for your response though!!!

Li Po - II bc

dutchy, i know exactly what you mean and yes, i do agree with your observation. however, i do get occasional whiffs throughout the day, which im truly okay with as i simply adore this scent. i also believe it has one of the finest packaging in scents.

btw, i do spray it on fabric too for better lasting, but, only darker shirts. this can leave a mark.

p.s. Black Oudh doesnt last? jeez..

he jensen, thanks for your remarks. Glad to hear that at least i didnt get ripped off or anything. yes the opening is spectacular and i WISH they made this in EDP or something longer lasting. the weird thing about black aoud, in the ealrier days, when i just got it i clearly remember the stuff lasting forever, however the more i've used it the earlier it seems to be gone, but this maybe entirely subjective and olfactory-psychological instead of what others would perceive. Sometimes it really sucks though since for long lasting things im now condemned to pure oud or amouage attars. oh well it IS a good excuse to fork over the cash

Li Po - II bc

My bottle of this one arrived yesterday and `m wearing it today. I`m having the same impression, the initial topnotes are strong, but then it goes quickly to a skin scent, that stays longer, but it`s very soft. It seemed easy to use as a work scent, which it wasn`t what i expected from the reviews.

Haven't experienced the same reaction.

Dependent

Wore this brilliant masterpiece again last night and 22 hours later, the musk and labdanum are still holding on my skin. I only wore three sprays. I've worn five and got comments on it, so it definitely projects for at least a few hours. Three wraps me up in a pleasant swirl. It's quite dense so I am careful to spray away from the front of my chest if I'm going somewhere crowded and am doing 3+ -- I don't like being choked out and I don't experience much olfactory fatigue with this one. I had never quite realized just how musky this one is, distracted as I was by the aromatics, dark patchouli and honey goodness. Sublime!