Code of Conduct

Default Help suggest some niche samples for a college kid!

Hey guys,
    I am currently in college (21 years old) and have been in the fragrance game for awhile. My collection has mostly been designer frags due to my lack of money; however, I recently won $5,000 in cash and thought there would be no better way to spend this than on some niche frags, which previously I have been completely unexposed to. My shopping cart on The Perfumed Court is way too full just based on stuff I have read on the forums. Please recommend me something that would be suitable for my age (and preferably long lasting with good sillage due to my horrendous skin chemistry) or give me your thoughts on some of the stuff I plan to sample. Thanks.

Montale Black Aoud
    Amouage Lyric Man
    Amouage Reflection Man
    Creed Acier Aluminum
    Creed Erolfa
    Bond No. 9 Hamptons (I have heard this is similar to one of my favorites SMW?)
    Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    Eau d'Italie Paestum Rose

Default Re: Help suggest some niche samples for a college kid!

Eau d'Italie Paestum Rose would be a good choice.

Sur la Plage

Congrats on your winnings.

I think your selections look good.

You also might want to try MDCI Invasion Barbare.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by imrickjames118 View Post
    [...] I recently won $5,000 in cash and thought there would be no better way to spend this than on some niche frags [...]
    I LOL'ed
    Acqua di Giò is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

Reflection Man +1

L' Air du Desert Marocain by Tauer

HAVE FUN!
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by imrickjames118 View Post
    Hey guys,
    I am currently in college (21 years old) and have been in the fragrance game for awhile. My collection has mostly been designer frags due to my lack of money; however, I recently won $5,000 in cash and thought there would be no better way to spend this than on some niche frags, which previously I have been completely unexposed to. My shopping cart on The Perfumed Court is way too full just based on stuff I have read on the forums. Please recommend me something that would be suitable for my age (and preferably long lasting with good sillage due to my horrendous skin chemistry) or give me your thoughts on some of the stuff I plan to sample. Thanks.

Montale Black Aoud
    Amouage Lyric Man
    Amouage Reflection Man
    Creed Acier Aluminum
    Creed Erolfa
    Bond No. 9 Hamptons (I have heard this is similar to one of my favorites SMW?)
    Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    Eau d'Italie Paestum Rose
    I like the way you are thinking!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Thanks for your help guys.......any thoughts on Montale Blue Amber?

I would absolutely skip all bond no9s except for maybe new haarlem.

Montale - Black Aoud/Red Aoud/Patchouli Leaves/Queen Roses Aoud(a little too feminine and old though
    Blue Amber is ok at best, many better Ambers out there. It's a good fragrance but there are better alternatives found easily. I can suggest better Ambers.

Amouage - Jubilation XXV/Epic man/Lyric woman/Dia woman
    Lyric man is simply a weaker version of Lyric woman. Dia man is my favorite hands down but it's too subtle for the price. Reflection is great but a little generic, don't get me wrong the Amouage quality is still there, but save for a few subtle notes in there, it's quite a generic powdery fragrance.

Creed - Another brand I simply avoid.

My suggestions:

Tom Ford - Black Orchid/Amber absolute/Noir de Noir/ Oud wood/ and ofcourse tobacco Vanille
    Not the most unique house, but it's the niche house I never feel hesitent purchasing from, almost everything by tom ford is very very well done and strong. I would say Amber Absolute and Tobacco Vanille are musts. Black Orchid and Noir de Noir are also awesome but not everybodys cup of tea (too feminine for some)

Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan/Chergui/Douce Amere/5 o'clock

Frapin - Caravelle Epicee (one of my favorite spicy fragrance, though it's not exotic spicy like some of the SL's.

L'Artisan - L'eau d'Ambre Extreme/Tea for Two/Musc Mure/Patchouli Patch
    If you want a better alternative for Blue Ambre that's one of them that's relatively easy to find.

MPG - Ambre Precieux
    My favorite Amber

I know it's a long list, but I highly highly recommend that you at least look into Tom Fords and Serge Lutens over Bond no9 and Creed, both of which I hardly consider niche, interesting, or of high quality to pay the price.

Getting an Amouage and one of Montale's Aouds should be a must when you have the money

Wow Ekove......awesome recommendation and so detailed! really appreciate the help man