Code of Conduct

Thread: Hi everyone!

Blog Entries

Default Hi everyone!

I'm a new member & this is my first post, just wanted to say hi to all of you basenoters! I've been lurking on this wonderful site for a couple of years, quietly sampling & making notes, & finally decided to overcome my shyness & join in the fun.
    I'm a big lover of white florals, especially gardenia, but also have a fondness for wearing orientals to keep me warm in the colder months. I'd like to try a few amber scents next, has anyone got any suggestions for a nice rich, sweet, comforting amber scent?
    Really looking forward to learning from you guys & joining in a few discussions, thanks for reading this!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hi everyone!

Welcome, teardrop!

I see you have a few ambers on your test list-- here are a few more:

Hermès Hermessence Ambre Narguilé-- a sweet gourmand amber, see: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26123593.html
    and
    http://www.nstperfume.com/2005/06/22...grance-review/

Sounds to me like that one is up your alley.

Aramani Privé Ambre Soie -- my personal favorite, with an anise note

Tom Ford Amber Absolute

Awesome! welcome (well, officially). Thanks for letting us know you're here!
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Basenotes Institution

Hi and welcome !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Bienvenue!

Blog Entries

Wow, thanks so much to you all for the lovely welcome, makes me feel all warm & fuzzy! *blushes*
    Thanks 30 Roses for your suggestions, will definitely be investigating those. Do you know where l can get samples? l usually rely on luckyscent & sometimes les senteurs, but brands like Hermes seem more difficult to come by. Thanks again!

Basenotes Plus

Hi teardrop! Welcome to basenotes! The Perfumed Court is an excellent place to buy decants from. It's a nice way to be able to sample alot of different fragrances. I've always had excellent service from them.

Blog Entries

Thanks Kiliwia, that's great!

Welcome!

Basenotes Plus

Another Brit ! Welcome aboard teardrop. Great to have you here,

Hello! Pleased to meet you teardrop.

I'm new here as well, though not as familiar with the forum (discovered it recently). I'll be following your thread to note any more suggestions. Autumn is approaching and I LOVE orientals.
    -"You can call me "Flower" if you want to....*giggles*....I don't mind."

Blog Entries

Thanks again everyone! Dressed&Scented, if you love orientals, have you tried Lancome's Magie Noire? l wore the original version way back in the '80's, & was reunited with it again recently courtesy of a wonderful seller on eBay. lt's like meeting up with an old flame! The memories of that first passionate encounter came flooding back. l'd describe it as a woody/chypre/oriental that wraps itself around you like a dark velvet cloak, at once comforting, sexy & mysterious. The reformulated version now available isn't as deep & satisfying, but if you can get hold of a vintage bottle l don't think you'll be disappointed! Perfect for autumn!

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    Thanks again everyone! Dressed&Scented, if you love orientals, have you tried Lancome's Magie Noire? l wore the original version way back in the '80's, & was reunited with it again recently courtesy of a wonderful seller on eBay. lt's like meeting up with an old flame! The memories of that first passionate encounter came flooding back. l'd describe it as a woody/chypre/oriental that wraps itself around you like a dark velvet cloak, at once comforting, sexy & mysterious. The reformulated version now available isn't as deep & satisfying, but if you can get hold of a vintage bottle l don't think you'll be disappointed! Perfect for autumn!
    Excuse my abscence. Had to work.

No, not yet. But I am adding it straight away to the list of things to try. I've enjoyed most woody things I've sniffed and I'm finding that I do have a taste for the chypre family as well.....Thank you!

welcome to Basenote teardrop same here i'm a newbie.
    A Perfume Maker newbie, soon to build a perfume empire.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Welcome, teardrop!
    Hi to frishy, too.
    Dressed&Scented ~ A second hello.

I'll nominate Jo Malone Dark Amber & Ginger Lily for your to-test list.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Blog Entries

frishy; thanks, nice to meet you too!

Quarry; Dark Amber & Ginger Lily sounds gorgeous, thanks for the suggestion!

Dressed&Scented; l'd be interested to know which woody/chypre scents you have tried & what you recommend?

Hi teardrop! Happy sniffing! Welcome!

Hello and welcome Teardrop, Dressed&Scented and Frishy. I'm also quite new here, I'm looking for some new fragrances for myself and looking for some Christmas presents.. I see this forum is quite US orientated, it's not as easy as you think finding fragrances which retail over here in the United Kingdom which are discussed here. I'm still going to try though.
    Are You obsessed with Fashion?
    www.fashionobsessed.com

Blog Entries

Thanks volley2 & Kelly0900! Kelly have you looked at les senteurs' website? They sell samples of a lot of niche brands mentioned here & l've had a great service from them. Happy sniffing!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Welcome Teardrop !

Keep Smiling
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Blog Entries

Yeia sou sophi, xarika kai se efxaristw!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.