Code of Conduct

Default Name of blue bottle cologne

Hey guys, I'm trying to find the name of a cologne that my dad once had. My dad doesn't know the name of it and I'm trying my best to recall what I remember about it. The bottle (which is long gone) didn't have a name/label on it and I don't remember the smell (except obviously it smelled great or I wouldn't be looking for it ). The cologne was released at the lastest in 2000 (another words it came out mid-to-late 1990's). The bottle was dark blue and it had a silver top. The body had an oval/oblong shape. Here is a pic I drew on MS Paint (lol) from what I remember:

This is the closest pic I found. The actual cologne bottle isn't as rounded as this one but hopefully it gives you a better idea.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
    Last edited by bigben113; 4th September 2010 at 03:20 AM.

Default Re: Name of blue bottle cologne

I kinda thought Polo blue, but that was an early 2000 release. Wow, talk about a fishing expedition LOL.

Haha no kidding. Yeah, it's def not Polo Blue. I've been trying to find the name of this cologne since 2006. Everytime I go to a new department store, I ask the sales rep if they know what I'm talking about lol. I'm pretty positive that this cologne is discontinued but I still need to know the name >_< The long search continues.

Blog Entries

obsession night?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel Golfer View Post
    That's awesome.

I was thinking of either an Aqua Velva type frag. It may be something from Lanvin though. Also kind of looks like Natori, but that's a woman's frag.
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 3rd September 2010 at 01:07 AM.

Thats a really cool site! Thanks golfer. I looked through all the shades of blue and purple and unfortunately, I had no luck.

Sorry, not Obsession Night and def not Aqua Velva. Thanks for all your inputs though, its much appreciated

Blue Stratos? Check it out on google. I think I'm right.

AromiErotici

Verino by Robert Verino.

Aqua Velva

Was this it?
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

A member on here named scensation has an avatar that looks just like what you posted!

http://www.basenotes.net/members/4267-scensation
    ôLove is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.ö
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Also looks like Passions by E. Arden, but the women's version.

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
    Was this it?
    No, that isn't it. The bottle I drew is what it looks like. BTW CanwllCorfe, that person's avatar is somewhat similar. Both bottles have those round ridges but that isn't it either lol. Good catch though!

Hey Chuck, they don't sell Blue Stratos in the U.S. anymore right? From what I gathered online, it is sold in foreign markets such as the U.K. As always, thanks everyone for your contribution!

What other scents did your dad have? If he used drug store scents like Old Spice, then chances are this bottle was a drug store scent as well. Conversely, If your dad used department store scents or niche brands, then this bottle could be one of those...

Either way, it could help to narrow it down...

The only other cologne's I remember him having were Escape by Calvin Klein and Pleasures By Estee Lauder. He stopped wearing cologne and I don't think he's owned one for some years now. I hope this helps!
    Last edited by bigben113; 4th September 2010 at 03:27 AM.

Listen for Men by Herb Alpert/1991

Quote Originally Posted by Bossa Nova View Post

OMG YES!!! That is the one! Blue bottle, silver cap, no label/logo. Thank you so so much everyone for your time and effort and especially to you, Bossa Nova for finding it I can now put this long search to rest (4yrs!).

P.S. I don't think my drawing was too off considering the last time I saw the bottle was in 2001 lol. Thanks again everyone!

Blog Entries

Way to go, Bossa Nova!

Fruity/minty feel at first, along with strong geranium, which persists. Vanilla/musky base.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossa Nova View Post

Quote Originally Posted by bigben113 View Post
    OMG YES!!! That is the one! Blue bottle, silver cap, no label/logo. Thank you so so much everyone for your time and effort and especially to you, Bossa Nova for finding it I can now put this long search to rest (4yrs!).

P.S. I don't think my drawing was too off considering the last time I saw the bottle was in 2001 lol. Thanks again everyone!
    Good work Bossa Nova...When I saw your post, I had a strong feeling that this must be it...

Bigben113, get on a new quest now of tracking a bottle, since you now know the fragrance.....

If it's as good as this

then, I am down.

Ben, Fragrencenet has the bottle in stock. Worth checking out http://www.fragrancenet.com/listen-c...0?cur_letter=L

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    Bigben113, get on a new quest now of tracking a bottle, since you now know the fragrance.....
    Already on it gupts!

Quote Originally Posted by calero View Post
    If it's as good as this then, I am down.
    Hopefully it smells as good as I remember it to be. I'll let you all know after I buy a bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenage3348 View Post
    Ben, Fragrencenet has the bottle in stock. Worth checking out http://www.fragrancenet.com/listen-c...0?cur_letter=L
    Thank you Greenage! I looked up Fragrancenet on ResellerRatings (http://www.resellerratings.com/store/FragranceNet) and it didn't look good. I did manage to find it being sold by power sellers on eBay (most have excellent feedback/rating) and by sellers on Amazon (also good ratings) so I plan on purchasing a bottle soon.

I have been on a trip down memory lane recently, trying to cheer myself up a bit by getting a hold of many of the old things and old products I was using a few years back in 1992.

I found this thread by doing a Google search as it is exactly the same -- almost -- fragrance description that I'm searching for but not the one..

It was 1992 and I was buying a fragrance in a blue bottle, it came boxed.....it was a melon, citrus type of scent....summery ...if I remember it had a white picture/drawing of a seagul (or bird of some sort) on the bottle ....(but no it wasn't Blue Stratos!).....I thought it might have been made by Dolce and Gabbana or Armani ....but I've searched under these house's for all previous years from '92 back and couldn't recognise it..
    ---the name has gone from my memory completely........it could have even had the US flag logo on the box....but it wasn't Cool Water ....at least I'm prety sure as the bottle doesnt look how I remeber it and I really dont think that was the name of it...
    the bottle was cylindrical with a cone top ......it's really got me baffled -- I just can't remember it at all and yet I was living in a totally humid city and I was buying this product freaquently....

Anyone out there vaguely happen to know or be able to suggest what it was??.........any possible leads??

Didn't even know this was possible. Great resource.

Quote Originally Posted by bigben113 View Post
    Already on it gupts!

Hopefully it smells as good as I remember it to be. I'll let you all know after I buy a bottle.

Thank you Greenage! I looked up Fragrancenet on ResellerRatings (http://www.resellerratings.com/store/FragranceNet) and it didn't look good. I did manage to find it being sold by power sellers on eBay (most have excellent feedback/rating) and by sellers on Amazon (also good ratings) so I plan on purchasing a bottle soon.
    I just wanted to say, referring to fragrancenet...I've had 2 orders through them and they've both been perfect. They're one of the biggest online sellers of frags, I feel like it's a case of the satisfied don't rate and the vocal minority who have a messed up order find somewhere to vent.