Code of Conduct

Default What do you think is the best celebrity fragrance/fragrance line?

Simple question. Which celebrity has the best fragrance/fragrances.

I know people arent very fond of them, but which one do u think is the best

Default Re: What do you think is the best celebrity fragrance/fragrance line?

You should certainly check out Carlos Santana for a nice vanilla apple smell.

Cumming by Alan Cumming.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    Cumming by Alan Cumming.
    This one - by far.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

just bought antonio banderas "the secret". i absolutely love it. im gunna go "test it out". just asked a girl to a casual dinner. i usually ask a diffrent girl out whenever i buy a fragrance im excited about. lets see how it goes!

Sorry, but I hate them all.

Patrick Dempsey Unscripted.

I can't say if it's the "best" as I really haven't tried too many of the others, but it's amazingly good considering it's Avon and, gulp, Patrick Dempsey.

Going by the reviews, I would say Alain Delon. Iquitos seems to have its fans. Luckily, I have a bottle coming soon ( and its a blind buy). I'm hoping it works out. But even if it doesn't, I still have respect for Alain Delon fragrances ( But not really anything after Samourai).

Delon, by the way, is a french actor for those who don't know. And up until recently, I was not aware of that as well. His sunglass line received some attention in the 1980s when actor Chow Yun Fat donned a pair in his film A Better Tomorrow.

Hopefully, I will get a chance to see some Delon films when I get some spare time.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Ignis by Omar Sharif

Antonio Banderas imo.

well i can tell u one thing, girls like this! well atleast the girl i went to dinner with tonight did!!

no. she didnt compliment me when she saw me. no she didnt compliment me DURING the date. and no she didnt compliment me when she was saying bye.

about 15 minutes after she left, she sent me a text, and the text read: "oh..and btw..you smellled SOOO amazing"

Basenotes Institution

The only two I like are VIP by Usher and Queen by Queen Latifah .
    Okaaay , okaaay ... Kim Kardashian's white floral juice is not too bad either.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Elizabeth Taylor's perfumes are great
    My best is Black Pearls but i like Passion and Gardenia very much
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    The only two I like are VIP by Usher and Queen by Queen Latifah .
    Okaaay , okaaay ... Kim Kardashian's white floral juice is not too bad either.
    Queen Latifah is really quite good, isn't it? My g/f really wants a bottle of this, and I don't object at all.

These don't really count as celebrity scents, I don't think, as his name isn't actually tied into it anywhere, but I really like Givenchy Play and Play Intense, fronted by Justin Timberlake.

Beckham Signature is ok. Nothing I want to own but it's a pleasant enough scent. I also think Halle Berry's two scents for women are quite nice, and Mariah Carey Luscious Pink and Forever are pleasant, too.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    You should certainly check out Carlos Santana for a nice vanilla apple smell.
    ^ This.

I steer clear of them.

But if you count Etat Libre d'Orange Rossy de Palma Eau de Protection, Tom of Finland and Like This (Tilda Swinton) as "celebrity scents" (I don't), then those would get my vote.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darŘber muss man schreiben."

Justin Bieber's new "The World Totally Revolves Around Me, Me, and Only Me" EDT

Both quite enjoyable.

In my opinion, it's the meanwhile discontinued Only for Men by Julio Iglesias

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26122359.html

a quite distinguished citrus-chypre frag

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Best single frag - Paris Hilton's Can Can
    Best line - Britney Spears' ... yeah, so?!

Celebrity scents do not interest me , it has the opposite affect , I dont want to try it let alone buy it

SJ - Unf. Black and Paris Hilton Paris Hilton for Men
    ive just ordered carlos santana too we will see
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzˇw

Blog Entries

Carlos Santana for Him,
    KISS for Him,
    And since Surfacing mentioned Alain Delon is a celebrity, Iquitos as well.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Only smelt two :

'Passion' (Liz Taylor) smells so synthetic and assaults my nose from the get-go.

'Live Lux' ( J Lo) smells so white synthetic over-the-top florally & fruity at the same time.

A small deduction would be that celebrities have the tendency to sanction(perhaps 90% or higher?) largely synthetic chemicals into their namesake scents!

I've read rave reviews of SJP's Lovely & BS's Midnight Fantasy, but helloooo....'African pink rose'????(or whatever exotic ingredients listed)

If they were 100% honest, the ingredients listed should begin with "Chemicals that smell like....."

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    well i can tell u one thing, girls like this! well atleast the girl i went to dinner with tonight did!!

no. she didnt compliment me when she saw me. no she didnt compliment me DURING the date. and no she didnt compliment me when she was saying bye.

about 15 minutes after she left, she sent me a text, and the text read: "oh..and btw..you smellled SOOO amazing"

You should try the rest of their stuff. Seduction in Black is a big compliment getter, as is Spirit and Spirit VIP. Haven't tried the older ones, but I plan on trying everything eventually.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Queen Latifah is really quite good, isn't it? My g/f really wants a bottle of this, and I don't object at all.

These don't really count as celebrity scents, I don't think, as his name isn't actually tied into it anywhere, but I really like Givenchy Play and Play Intense, fronted by Justin Timberlake.

Beckham Signature is ok. Nothing I want to own but it's a pleasant enough scent. I also think Halle Berry's two scents for women are quite nice, and Mariah Carey Luscious Pink and Forever are pleasant, too.
    I was quite impressed with Queen, Sculpture of Soul . I really did like VIP and I love the VIP bottle. There you go , Mimi likes a few celebrity scents.
    Does Daphne by Commes de Garcons count as a celeb scent ? I like that one too.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I admit I like the apple/aquatic of the original Paris Hilton and I blush to admit I own a bottle of Siren!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    Cumming by Alan Cumming.
    I agree

Try Antonio Banderas fragrance line. IMHO Antonio is the best of their options (I haven't try The Secret yet).

Instinct by David & Victoria Beckham is pretty good. I think their fragrances line are not bad.

FWIW: Alain Delon ca. 1966 is the face for the recent "re- launch" of Eau Sauvage.

ive only tried "The Secret" by Antonio Banderas, but by reading about the other ones in the line and reading the notes, i really think i would like the Antonio Banderas line, espeially Seduction in Black

Inverse by Kylie Minogue.

Let me explain.

I bought this when I was in London last year because it was Kylie's only male fragrance and it was just released. Its a light fruity scent - nothing that intense and I normally wear the darker/evil stuff. I figured it would be good to have something like this in my wardrobe.

Last night I was DJing and wearing a shirt with purple in it so I reached for the Inverse which has a light purple tint to the juice. I sprayed it on and didn't think about it. For some reason, after 10 minutes I don't smell it any more. I got to the club and walk by the bar and this guy grabbed my ass. I didn't think much of it, because I work in a gay bar - though I rarely get hit on like that. Later on, this girl came up, made a request and then kissed me on the cheek. I was like, ok. Later on, Mr. ass grab came up and asked for a song and then reached over for a hug. A second guy came over a bit later and wanted to give me a hug. Then a third guy came up hugged me and gave me his number. A second girl came up kissed me and asked if I was gay or straight.. got her number also. Now, mind you, I NEVER get this kind of attention.. especially on a low volume night.

I went down to grab a drink and one of the bartenders was like -- they love you tonight. I was like yeah, its kind of weird. it must be something in the drinks tonight. He said.. close, but its something in the air, everyone keeps commenting on your cologne.

So here's the question .. do I switch to wearing the light fruity Kylie juice that I am not into because it will probably get me action easier, do I continue wearing the dark/heavy stuff (Musc Ravageur, Black Afgano, Caravelle Epicee) that I like, or do I just chalk this evening up to a strange alignment of the planets?

I haven't sniffed it yet, but I'm sure it will be this one:

Quote Originally Posted by djron91 View Post
    Inverse by Kylie Minogue.

Let me explain.

I bought this when I was in London last year because it was Kylie's only male fragrance and it was just released. Its a light fruity scent - nothing that intense and I normally wear the darker/evil stuff. I figured it would be good to have something like this in my wardrobe.

Last night I was DJing and wearing a shirt with purple in it so I reached for the Inverse which has a light purple tint to the juice. I sprayed it on and didn't think about it. For some reason, after 10 minutes I don't smell it any more. I got to the club and walk by the bar and this guy grabbed my ass. I didn't think much of it, because I work in a gay bar - though I rarely get hit on like that. Later on, this girl came up, made a request and then kissed me on the cheek. I was like, ok. Later on, Mr. ass grab came up and asked for a song and then reached over for a hug. A second guy came over a bit later and wanted to give me a hug. Then a third guy came up hugged me and gave me his number. A second girl came up kissed me and asked if I was gay or straight.. got her number also. Now, mind you, I NEVER get this kind of attention.. especially on a low volume night.

I went down to grab a drink and one of the bartenders was like -- they love you tonight. I was like yeah, its kind of weird. it must be something in the drinks tonight. He said.. close, but its something in the air, everyone keeps commenting on your cologne.

So here's the question .. do I switch to wearing the light fruity Kylie juice that I am not into because it will probably get me action easier, do I continue wearing the dark/heavy stuff (Musc Ravageur, Black Afgano, Caravelle Epicee) that I like, or do I just chalk this evening up to a strange alignment of the planets?
    WOW, that is what I call a reaction !!
    What about "Unforgivable by sean john"? Close enough to MI by Creed?

never tried unforgivable. but ive heard its good

I have to say Paris Hilton's fragrances.....Gary