Code of Conduct

Smile YSL Live Jazz is like Bond no. 9 Riverside Drive

Do you agree?

I just sampled Live Jazz today and it reminds me of Riverside Drive. Both are green, minty, woody aromatic scents, bordering on aquatics.
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!

Default Re: YSL Live Jazz is like Bond no. 9 Riverside Drive

sorry... i don't see any similarity...

Riverside is pretty herbal with pineapple and I don't get much aquatic out of it. Live Jazz is more "fresher", but I really don't see much similarities myself.
    The Bark Bites Back.

well, they are both fragrances... After that, there's some difference...
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I sampled Riverside Drive. I must say that it is pretty good, and almost tempting to buy. So, if YSL Live Jazz smells like a walk through a park with pineapple trees, then maybe I should check it out too.

Not at all.

Both have woody, green qualities, but the basil and pineapple and non-minty notes in Riverside really sets it apart from Live Jazz.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    I sampled Riverside Drive. I must say that it is pretty good, and almost tempting to buy. So, if YSL Live Jazz smells like a walk through a park with pineapple trees, then maybe I should check it out too.
    Uh-Huh. You're starting to come around to it, I see. It's good stuff for sure.
    Kerosene fragrance samples and bottles here: www.min.com

I do not remember Live Jazz smelling like Riverside Drive.....Riverside Drive is one of my faves.....I'm a Big Bond Fan and Love this House.....The next time I see Live Jazz I'll check it out and see what I think!!!
    Gary

IMO Live Jazz reminds me of Cerruti Image! They share the same mint opening but Image has a pear note which makes it shall we say more crisp! I found out that I enjoy Image more than Live Jazz & IMO Live Jazz & Riverside Drive are nothing alike......
    To be successful, you must smell successful! THATSMR2USIR

Live Jazz reminds me of a Bond, certainly, although I'm not sure which. It also reminds me a bit of Romance by Ralph Lauren.

Definitely a fresh green, aquatic. I commend them in striking that balance in a tasteful way; not an easy task methinks.

Hmm, a lot of disagreement, which is good.

I have to admit I sampled Riverside Drive a couple of months ago, so I didn't do a side by side comparison. It was just the first thing that immediately popped into my head when sampling YSL Live Jazz, so I could be mistaken.

This review:

http://www.peredepierre.com/2010/07/...t-laurent.html

compares Live Jazz with Chanel Platinum Egoïste, which I find unbelievable. So it's really interesting to see how people's perceptions differ!
    Wanted: a cap of Bvlgari Thé Vert

Wanted: L' Artisan Timbuktu or Fragonard Concerto

Feel free to visit Polderposh - a young up & coming Dutch fragrance blog!