Code of Conduct

Default Adora by Kat Von D

Has anyone tried this?

The other scent launches of Saint and Sinner were interesting for a celebuscent with the "gothy"-type packaging. I actually liked them.

BTW, with the TV presentation of Kat Von D's relationship with other inked celebrity Jesse James, this should get a lot of publicity.

I know celebrities use love affairs as a major source of PR. I know of *one* dandy and his diva ballerina mistress who kept the public entertained in the 1830s. "Who kicked whom" to the curb remains a mystery, and several tabloids speculated gleefully, but they kept the public entertained for an entire year as two of the most beautiful faces (and bodies) in London.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...egoryId=C18697
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Adora by Kat Von D

Very interesting! I got a chance to smell Saint and Sinner, and I didn't think either one was bad. I do like the bottles.

Yes - there's a lot of potential publicity here, and I agree that love and its demise are always good PR. There are apparently quite a few papparazzi on the Kat Von D + Jesse James thing, judging from People magazine. The timing of a follow-up frag is no coincidence in my jaded opinion. Wouldn't surprise me at all if somebody approaches the former Mrs. James (cough) with a frag offer of her own just about now. Tongues wagging about the catfight in the fragrance world (no pun intended) would probably triple the sales of both juices. How could they resist?

Sorry - just being cynical. I shall go spray myself with some happy-juice!

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Very interesting! I got a chance to smell Saint and Sinner, and I didn't think either one was bad. I do like the bottles.

Yes - there's a lot of potential publicity here, and I agree that love and its demise are always good PR. There are apparently quite a few papparazzi on the Kat Von D + Jesse James thing, judging from People magazine. The timing of a follow-up frag is no coincidence in my jaded opinion. Wouldn't surprise me at all if somebody approaches the former Mrs. James (cough) with a frag offer of her own just about now. Tongues wagging about the catfight in the fragrance world (no pun intended) would probably triple the sales of both juices. How could they resist?

Sorry - just being cynical. I shall go spray myself with some happy-juice!
    This *dandy* was reported as tiring of the ballerina, as she was truly a fiery diva with an attitude to match, and he dumped her. Other reports said it was he that was "cast off." I am sure the penny tabloid press of their day reported every public social outing and public spat. Nevertheless, the diva never missed a beat and went on with other lovers. The daughter she bore after this liaison was widely rumoured to be his. She also had "products" cashing in on her fame and beauty (and notoriety as a stage sex symbol, not unlike a modern movie star), both authorized and unofficial, in the shape of jewellery and porcelain image of herself, and numerous popular prints. I would not be surprised to learn she had a celebuscent, too. "Eau de danseuse?" Tutu pink juice in a glass flacon?

I would not mind buying a bottle of Saint or Sinner, if only because of the pretty bottles. (The juice is pretty good, actually, and worth the sniff.) Call me prey to novelty!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I tried this and my initial impressions reminded my of Cartier's Declaration owing to the spice notes.