Code of Conduct

Default kiehls musk 1921 vs kiehls original musk

help me...is there a difference between these two? I have the edt and the oil version but i just bought my girlfriend teh rollerbal musk 1921 version..whats the difference, help?
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

Default Re: kiehls musk 1921 vs kiehls original musk

Did you ever figure out what the difference is? I just got the 1921 roll on and I'm not getting much musk out of it (I'm not anosmic to musk). Is this different from the Original Musk?

I still don't know but I think they are different formulations....I find the roll on to have less of that hairspray accord up front and smells a whole lot more mild throughout. I prefer the spray despite that weird hairspray vibe at the top.
    Current Top 5:

Tabac, Cardinal, Brookes Brothers, Musc Kublai Khan, Andron

Kiehl's musk fan here and this one had been buggin me for a while so... after 2 emails and 2 visits to the Kieh's brick & mortar on Michigan Ave in Chicago, I've got the following consistent representations:

1. The 160th Anniversary Limited Edition Musk Eau de Toilette Spray and the Original Musk Blend No. 1 EDT are the same/identical fragrance.

2. There is no marketed essence oil roll-on or 'splash' form of the 160th Anniversary Limited Edition Musk.

3. The .23oz Musk Essence Oil Roller Ball Applicator oil (aka “1921”) and the 1oz./.5oz/.25oz ‘splash’ vials with the Red/Blue ribbon (also prominent on the 160th Anniversary Limited Edition Musk Eau de Toilette Spray bottle) are the same/identical essence oil.

4. The EDT and the essence oils are the same fragrance aside from the essential oil content or concentration.

5. 1921 being the year that the musk essence was purportedly first created and introduced.

While I've never smelled the 160th Anniversary Limited Edition EDT I have multiple bottles of the others and have no reason to doubt the representations per above. If anyone knows anything else, I'd be interested to hear it.
    Last edited by DuNezDeBuzier; 10th January 2012 at 01:59 AM. Reason: spelin
    Simplex Sigillum Veri