Code of Conduct

Default F by Ferragamo pour Homme Black

OH

MY

GOD

where has this been all my life?? i got this sample free when i purchased my la nuit de l'homme, but never really paid attention to it now.

its safe to say that i might be in love. IN LOVE. has anyone else tried this? why isnt this talked about at all? on my skin it smells like la nuit with a darker twist. this is an amazing amazing fragrance.

id love to buy it, but ive been spending alot lately and money is not unlimited unfortuneatly. is there anything that smells like this thats cheaper? for some reason whenever i think about Seduction in Black by Antonio Banderas i think of this, although i havent tried Seduction in Black, when i read the notes, the mixtures of floral notes, some spice, and tonka bean make me think they are similar?

has anyone tried both of them?

thanks u for the help

Default Re: F by Ferragamo pour Homme Black

noone has tried this or know a cheap alternative?

I didn't think it was all that original. It smelled ok until about 15 minutes into and then it went weird on me. If you want a decent 'black' frag in this vein that's cheap I'd go with Karen Low Black. You can score it for less than $20 online. I think the dry down is much smoother, more woody and less funk in it. That funk is not all that funky!

KLB actually starts exactly like Code but as soon as the dry down happens it's not as sweet or spicy, but smooth and woody.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

I feel the same way as Pipsta about the drydown. I had your exact reaction when I first sampled F Black at Nordstrom's and nearly bought it on the spot. But after walking around a bit looking at the men's clothes, it completely changed about 20 minutes later. Opening is great but the drydown isn't so terrific. I would look for it in a retail store if I were you and spray it generously first, walk around some, and then make a decision.

yeah i dont think i would purchase this particular one anytime in the near future, because i got figure out my financial aide situation at school first thats why i was wondering if there was a cheaper alternative. has anyone smelled both sedution black by antonio banderas and this?? does it have similarities?

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    yeah i dont think i would purchase this particular one anytime in the near future, because i got figure out my financial aide situation at school first
    It's actually hit the online retailers already. Beautyencounter.com has a 3.4 oz. tester for $29.90.

Man, I'm crazy about this scent! I have owned it since December and have gotten nothing but favorable reviews since I bought it. In fact, its one of the few fragrances that I get any comments on. It has a great projection and lasts regularly 9-12hrs. You gotta go easier on the application to really make it work. The only reason I don't talk about it more is because I'm not interested in making it popular. If you read the reviews for it in the directory, you'll see that they're all favorable. It shares a likeness with Allure Homme but it's much darker. I can understand why people might take issue with the dry down, as it is a little synthetic, but its by no means bad. This is one of those scents that gets you hyperbolic compliments. The kind that will make you feel really flattered.

Sur la Plage

My husband owns it and likes it. I think it is one of the better recent designer offerings IMO, especially over stuff like Bleu de Chanel.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

I need to strongly disagree with some opinions here. I think F Black is one of the best contemporary designer offerings out there. It will be easily dismissed by some, only to be better appreciated in later years and more experienced noses. Apart from the lovely black-pepper introduction, the labdanum in the drydown is an experience in itself. To my nose the mids to drydown of F Black reminds me of Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather, which i also have. There is no true cheaper alternative that i know of. Any alternative will be like eating chalk when there is cheese available.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsta View Post
    I didn't think it was all that original.
    Nor did I. Didn't care for it at all when I sampled it.

I can't stand this fragrance ....its complete yuck to me. But I still want to give it another chance with a sampling. Every fragrance deserves a second chance. Or, in the case with F pour Homme Black, a 4th or 5th chance. That being said, I am surprised it is not mentioned more on this board.

By the way, to the original poster jonny19 ( who is impatient with replies to his threads) :

You will not find a fragrance similar to F pour Homme Black. You may as well try to find a bottle on the salse theads here and buy it used. Or buy it new in the shop. Either way, you end up saving money when you buy fragrances you really like. If you think you like F pour Homme Black that much ( as you say), just go for a bottle. Cut back on some other personal expenses, perhaps.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

I just sprayed on a sample about 10 minutes ago im still at the top notes but does anyone else think the top smells like la nuit's sweetness a little toned down with a hint more earthiness?

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

F Black is an atrocity broseph, it should look good sitting next to your Le Male and A*Men

I own it and don't really find it special. I really liked the F when I was younger (I'm 23 now) and was curious about the Black so bought the 100ml. It's a warm fragrance, reminds me slightly of John Varvatos Classic.