Code of Conduct

Default Donald Trump: The Fragrance

I just purchased this blind for 7.99 @ Marshall's. It kind of reminds me of Usher VIP or a more wearable Polo Explorer. I get a half sour pickle note in the opening which is very appealing to my nose. Definitely not what I was expecting from this fragrance. The reviews of it on here are horrible (sorry to reviewers) and don't explain this fragrance at all. I will do a thorough review after spending some more time with it, this fragrance is not that bad at all.

Any other likers of this?

Default Re: Donald Trump: The Fragrance

I had to check the calendar to see if its April the 1st, Donald Trump has his own fragrance.lol.........What ever next, maybe Batman will come out with his own fragrance.lol

***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Pipsta I have just spilled my coffee all over the sofa because I just cannot stop laughing. CLASSIC!

lol. i saw this at marshalls for cheap too. didnt really pay any attention to it

LOL, I seriously smell like a pickle now :O

You would think it smells like money... not sour pickle... but he is a sourpuss... That face he always makes looks like he's smelling sour pickles...

***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Not a good face to promote any fragrance, I wonder if he sells his own line of hair piece's.lol

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    LOL, I seriously smell like a pickle now :O
    lol its that enjoyable to u?

and btw. there are some seriously good frags for cheap at marshalls

i saw john varvatos w/after shave gel and shower gel for 25 bucks. i saw a 2 bottle set of JOOP homme for 25 bucks.

Donald is a vintage tabarome guy in my opinion, or a bois du portugal.

Blog Entries

I've stayed away from this frag because:
    1 can't stand the guy

2 it goes for cheap everywhere, someone in the local craigslist had repeatedly attempted to sell off their bottle for quite a while with no takers!

3 all the bad reviews

I look forward to your review, but if pursuaded into purchasing a Trump labeled frag then it sorta will be the male version of women purchasing a Kardashian/P.Hilton/B.Spears perfume......you'll skulk around until there is nobody around to see you purchase it then lie to those who ask you what you are wearing.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

I have yet to try it but..is it just me or does the cap appear to have a full frontal comb over?

'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

LOL, I wouldn't so much recommend it, but I figured for 8 bucks I'd give it a try. Same price as Zirh Ikon, which turned out being a pretty extraordinary fragrance.

Now that I actually looked at the note pyramid, I see the cucumber note in the opening. More of a pickle note to me, a little sour which gave me the whole half sour pickle vibe. I guess like half sour pickles, being an acquired taste, so is this fragrance.

Which btw, if you haven't had a half sour pickle.. you haven't had a pickle!

I've owned Donald Trump The Fragrance for over a year now, and it's a pleasant frag. I find it quite green, and a nice summer wear. It's really no different than fragrances by other celebrities (e.g., Paris Hilton, Kiss). Even if they produce a decent fragrance, it's the cult of personality that I think people are bashing rather than being objective about the fragrance itself. By the way, you really need to try Kiss Him by Kiss sometime, The_Cologneist. It sounds cheesy, but I think it's exceptional. Anyway, back to Donald Trump The Fragrance. Yeah, I like it, but Donald Trump as a person is not very likable!

While it's not terrible, life is too short to wear mediocrities.

I should tell that to myself more.

I tend to stay away from "celebrity" type fragrances. Not that I feel like I'm above it, but I wouldn't wear something that even a celebrity would not sport. Seriously, would Usher wear his own product? P. Diddy? Paris Hilton, etc... I highly doubt it (besides promotional purposes). Not even worth a sniff IMO, they won't get a dime from me.

We should not expect that celebrities should wear fragrances bearing their name any more than the CEO of Walmart would shop at one of his stores.

Not sure about the rest of the world, but in England "trump" is a polite way of saying "fart". That puts me off trying this fragrance...

Plus the Don has such a stupid hairstyle.
    Life's a bitch. If it were a slut it'd be easy.

After my friend started buying cologne he ended up buying this one at TJ Maxx because he thought Donald Trump having his own cologne was funny. I smelled it, something like Usher with a pickle note as many have said. Its ok for the cheap price. I didn't buy it though my wife would probably hate it, seems like she only likes things with sandalwood in them from my experience. I doubt I'd even wear it to work where I wear almost anything simply because I have so much other stuff so I passed on this one.

Someone mentioned that Kiss Him by Kiss, he also bought that and it wasn't bad at all. I wish I'd have bought a bottle but by the time the after Christmas sales hit it was all gone. So I'd guess not all celeb fragrances are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by jcrich View Post
    Not sure about the rest of the world, but in England "trump" is a polite way of saying "fart". That puts me off trying this fragrance...

Plus the Don has such a stupid hairstyle.
    that's his trademark lmao

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    I have yet to try it but..is it just me or does the cap appear to have a full frontal comb over?

What the hell, Lauder for Men?

SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

If you look at the bottle at a certain angle, it looks like a skyscraper.

Blog Entries

Yes, the Trump Tower in NYC, except reconstructed as the Lauder for Men bottle?

Hmmmm.....
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

I don't touch celebrity fragrances. They need to stick to what they do best, whatever that may be.

Iy should smell like money.

I agree Grott, bottle looks the same, just with a different color scheme. Maybe Lauder manufactures the DT line..