Code of Conduct

Default Harrods Perfume Extravaganza

Harrods is proud to announce the first significant perfume exhibition of recent times, The Perfume Diaries. A true celebration of the fragrance industry, The Perfume Diaries chronicles the fascinating story of perfume from ancient times right through to modern day and beyond. Harrods will unveil the amazing heritage behind fragrances on the market today, demonstrating the evolution of the world's favourite scents.

A series of high-profile events during the exhibition will see the world's finest and most revered perfumers talk about their work.

A true celebration of the fragrance industry, The Perfume Diaries chronicles the fascinating story of perfume from ancient times right through to modern day and beyond.

Events

To complement the exhibition the world's finest and most revered perfumers will discuss their work in a series of events. These will take place within The Perfume Diaries exhibition, on the Fourth Floor at Harrods, and will work on a drop-in basis. No admission charge applies.
    Wednesday 8th September 2010
    1pm - 2pm Jade Jagger for Guerlain
    Personal Appearance and Fragrance Signing 12.30 - 2pm
    Jagger reveals her interpretation of
    Guerlains legendary Shalimar bottle
    Thursday 9th September 2010 6.30pm - 7.30pm The House of Guerlain
    Enjoy a unique presentation by renowned
    perfumers Jean-Paul Guerlain and Thierry Wasser
    To reserve a place at this highly anticipated event please call 020 7730 1234 ext. 3020
    Thursday 16th September 2010 6.30pm - 8.00pm An Evening of British Perfumery
    Explore the best of British perfumery, led by
    curator Roja Dove, with speakers from Ormonde Jayne, Floris, Grossmith, Penhaligon's and Clive Christian
    Tuesday 21st September 2010 6.30pm - 8.00pm An Evening of European Perfumery
    A celebration of European perfumery, led by curator Roja Dove, with key speakers from Lubin, Mona di Orio, Chantecaille and Givenchy
    Thursday 23rd September 2010 6.30pm - 8.00pm The Science of Scent
    Discover the fascinating creation process of how a fragrance is made
    Thursday 2nd September - Saturday 2nd October 2010 The Perfume Diaries Afternoon Tea
    Indulge in fragrant afternoon tea in the Georgian Restaurant

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Harrods Perfume Extravaganza

I so want to be there !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I have lots of pics, which I'll put up at the weekend.

Wow!

Reine

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reine View Post
    Wow!

Reine
    TOTALLY! That would have been awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I have lots of pics, which I'll put up at the weekend.
    Thank you, Grant!!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Grant, OH MY!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Thanks for sharing Grant!

Stunning pictures, thanks so much for posting them! I wished I could have been there

great share i needed this
    Who Else Loves Discontinued Perfumes?

Harrods is where I 1rst lost my mind to perfume! I was literally dizzy with excitement and the possibility of beautiful scents in the world. My favorite fragrance, was actually the incense burning at the shrine. I loved it so much. I wish I were there!

Hillaire

Grant, your pictures are much better than mine, except for one Aramis soap teddy bear I snapped !
    This collection of old bottles with the accompanying scent samples was an unforgettablre experience.

And one I have prayed for. Too bad it's a fleeting temporary installation and not a permanent installation in the V&A or something.

For those of you going to this, another great installation in London, which is awesomely going on both down the street and at the same time, is the 'History of Fashion' installation at the V&A with the traveling contents of Grace Kelly's clothing wardrobe.