Code of Conduct

Default Secretions haunts me!

I'm curious if anyone else has had this experience after testing Secretions Magnifiques.

So, my mother and her friend came over yesterday and of course I had to have them sniff my newly acquired sample of Secretions Magnifiques. I didn't tell them anything about it prior to letting them sniff as I didn't want to color their perceptions at all. Her friend said he didn't really care for it, that it smelled of old people (a funny comment as he is rather old himself! ) but my mom said she absolutely loved it. That was a bit.. creepy. Afterwards I told them what it was supposed to smell like and we all had a good laugh at my mom's love for it.

Anyhow, I accidentally got some of this on my fingers just from opening the vial and the smell was with me all day. It wasn't horrible but it wasn't pleasant, either, as I do pick up on the wet dog note now. I washed my hands a ton of times and still there were traces of it.

Anyhow, it finally faded and is completely gone (phew!) and now today I was testing some more samples and scents that I own on cards, and I noticed something interesting. I could clearly smell which scents shared a note in common with Secretions Magnifiques. Now, it seemed as if I could pick up on nearly any of the chemicals present in SM that were also present in another scent. I got a bit of SM's metallic note (I think it's part of the orris accord) in Reflection Man. I got a bit of its protein-like note in Sienne L'Hiver (which I think is being used there for the olive accord!). I got a hint of it in Al Oudh. When sniffing a number of scents my mind would immediately, as if the connection making process was happening entirely on the subconscious level, think "Ah yes, this scent shares this with Secretions!"

So, has anyone else had Secretions "haunt" them after trying it?

I should add that I don't think this is going to ruin my enjoyment of any of the scents that share something in common with SM. Actually, it feels like I can understand them slightly better now.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

AromiErotici

Default Re: Secretions haunts me!

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    So, has anyone else had Secretions "haunt" them after trying it?
    God forbid no. I'd have to give this hobby up altogether.

Basenotes Institution

...So, has anyone else had Secretions "haunt" them after trying it?..
    Oh yes. For months afterwards, any time I smelled something with a watery note in it, I got a bit nauseous - just like when I tested SM. I remember almost hurling the first time I smelled Fahrenheit 32 by Christian Dior and Coney Island by Bond No. 9...and I blamed my encounter with SM for this.

Of course, I finally got over this. But it took a long time!

Never again.

You may have a "chemical sensitivity" type of problem. That happened to me with lavender notes. My sense of smell was more sensitive and I became nauseated by particular notes. It lasted several months and I had to wear small amounts of weak frags only.

Yes. Only for me it was a nauseous nightmare.
    I sincerely hope your mom doesn't go and buy a bottle.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    You may have a "chemical sensitivity" type of problem. That happened to me with lavender notes. My sense of smell was more sensitive and I became nauseated by particular notes. It lasted several months and I had to wear small amounts of weak frags only.
    While I have suffered chemical sensitivities in the past I am quite sure this is not the case now as the fragrances I am familiar with don't smell different, per se, it's just that I smell a commonality between them and Secretions, and Secretions is so strongly imprinted in my mind (it sounds like it imprints itself rather strongly in all those who smell it!) that I can't help but think of Secretions when I smell a similarity.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Oh yes. For months afterwards, any time I smelled something with a watery note in it, I got a bit nauseous - just like when I tested SM. I remember almost hurling the first time I smelled Fahrenheit 32 by Christian Dior and Coney Island by Bond No. 9...and I blamed my encounter with SM for this.

Of course, I finally got over this. But it took a long time!

Never again.

Months?!

Uh-oh! What have I gotten myself into?
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Well, my story of Secretions Magnifique is kind of an interesting one. I first smelt SM in Les Senteurs early last year with a fellow perfumista and we both gagged but were mesmerized. My friend absolutely hated it but I secretly felt the need to test it more and more...but alone. So I ordered the entire ELDO line samples from Luckyscent and began testing and wearing each of the scents. I can honestly say, ELDO and SL are the two most difficult houses I have ever come across. You have to approach them with an open mind and keep testing on and on and on, until it clicks...or not. Lucky for me, SL clicked and I found many FB worthy scents but ELDO I just don't get.
    Well anyways, after sampling SM again, I still hated it, even more this time. But after testing the entire ELDO line, I got a similar note found in SM in ALL of the ELDO fragrances...probably the most in Rien. And after appreciating several of the ELDO's, I gave SM a try and I...erm...liked it! I saw past the metallic, salty note and to the nautical floral Turin was talking about. I could even go so far to say I found it very wearable. And this all happened when I started to cut back on the cigs. I doubt I'll ever invest in a decant because of its tenacious power and sillage. Oh, and on some days I gag when I smell my sample

Off-Scenter

Have you considered an exorcism?

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by Off-Scenter View Post
    Have you considered an exorcism?
    I'm sorry to report that Catholicism vehemently renounces the juice of Lucifer and any wearers of SM are outside the domain of the Papacy.

Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post
    Well anyways, after sampling SM again, I still hated it, even more this time. But after testing the entire ELDO line, I got a similar note found in SM in ALL of the ELDO fragrances...probably the most in Rien. And after appreciating several of the ELDO's, I gave SM a try and I...erm...liked it! I saw past the metallic, salty note and to the nautical floral Turin was talking about. I could even go so far to say I found it very wearable.
    I do not only find it wearable, but even wear it occasionally.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka View Post
    I do not only find it wearable, but even wear it occasionally.
    Have you gotten any negative feedback?

Any feedback at all concerning it?
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Have you gotten any negative feedback?

Any feedback at all concerning it?
    No negative feedback, but positive response so to speak.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Sounds like you're experiencing the frag-equivalent of Kevin Bacon's 6 deg. of separation. LOL.

Secretions Magnifiques is a fragrance from hell to me. Horrible, nasty, and refuses to go away, even with you wash with water, rub detergent, soap, alcoohol, wathever you try to use to wash it of, the scent doesn't go away. It's the worst fragrance that i ever tried until today, if i can call it a fragrance, because i canno't see that combination of dog's vomit, eggs, semen, metalic notes as a fragrance. Truly horrible, it makes me sick when i tried on me and when i took it to other people try it, when they put it on skin and i sniffed the fragrance, i wanted to vomit too. I will run for my life if i see someone using this horrible fragrance.