Code of Conduct

Default Fragrances Available in US but not UK?

When it comes to perfumes, London offers an embarrassment of riches. And for that, I'm eternally grateful. There are some brands however, that we just don't get over here, which I'm dying to catch a whiff of.
    So, next week I'll be in New York for a few days, and besides taking in the MMoMA, Guggenheim etc, I hope to do a little fragrance shopping.
    Could fellow BNers suggest any fragrances which are available in the US, but not in the UK? My first thoughts go to Montale. Are there any others?

Default Re: Fragrances Available in US but not UK?

You owe yourself a visit to Aedes de Venustas at 9 Christopher Street in Manhattan, the niche perfume mecca. They have everything worth having, including some of their own original scents, skin scrubs, etc.

I dont think that you can get Gendarme here in the UK. Ive bought my supply mail order from the USA. I think that some of the major stores also have "exclusive to" stuff a bit like Harrods does in London. Have a great time!

Aedes de Venustas - OK, now on my list. Thanks MysteryBuff !

Thanks too PaulSammax. I'll be sure to track down Gendarme - a house I've read lots about, but never sampled.

Any other recommendations for 'fragrance meccas' in NY are much appreciated.
    I knew BN wouldn't let me down!

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    When it comes to perfumes, London offers an embarrassment of riches.....
    As a frequent visitor to London, i believe your New York visit could be a humbling experience London may have more variety in niche offerings. However, in broader terms, category-wise, there seems to be more variety in New York, IMO, especially if you can brave out the Fragrance District.

This New York city shopping guide here will be helpful.

All the best.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Neil Morris comes to mind, as well as similar artisanal lines like Sonoma Scent Studio, Michael Storer, and Ava Luxe. I'm also thinking Parfums DelRae, but I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    As a frequent visitor to London, i believe your New York visit could be a humbling experience .
    My *humble* thanks!

Creed Windsor and Aedes de Venustas EDP. I wish you could buy in the UK, but at least with the help of fellow Basenote members who either sell these or host a split, they're available that way I've not come across anyone selling the Odin fragrances in the UK either, but a few shops will ship those to the UK from the USA.