Code of Conduct

Default Dior Homme Intense

I like the regular Dior Homme, but I slightly remember from a short sniffing that the Intense seemed more about the cocoa and less iris.
    Would Dior Homme Intense be suited for daily wear at university or at the office?
    The temperature in Belgium is rather cold, with an average of 24C in summer and 6C in winter (often we have snow in December and January).
    Acqua di Gi is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Default Re: Dior Homme Intense

The simple answer would be no!

Dior Homme Intense is one of the hardest frags to actually wear,
    it's not a daytime frag, it's not a formal scent, nor a cozy one.
    It's very cloying, and lots of ppl find its smell straight up disgusting.

With that said, give it a try ...

"lots of ppl find its smell straight up disgusting."? Online reviews (Basenotes, Fragrantica, Sephora customer reviews) are almost all positive. I will give it a try, blind buying is over
    Acqua di Gi is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

I sneak in a little spray for office-wear on cold days. But only ONE small spray.

Le Grand Duc is correct - it's a bit strong for daywear. You'll do better at work with Dior Homme or Dior Homme Cologne.

I do love the Intense version, though. Love it for cozy evenings at home.

I don't really think Dior Homme Intense is for routine, daily wear. It's beautiful, but quite heavy and chocolatey and "romantic". I'd leave it for night-time use. But yeah, minimal application could be nice at any time I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond Hume View Post
    "lots of ppl find its smell straight up disgusting."? Online reviews (Basenotes, Fragrantica, Sephora customer reviews) are almost all positive. I will give it a try, blind buying is over
    Yeah, there are a handfull of BNers, which absolutely hate it.

One once claimed, that he had gotten lots of 'anti-compliments'
    while wearing this juice ... they'll come, just you wait and see.

Intense has it's followers (myself included), but it sure as hell
    has it's enemies, too!

I posted it already in one of older DH threads but to me DH Intense is more wearable as daily office fragrance than original because it smells more traditional and less experimental (to my unexperienced nose). When I tested it I used just 1 spray and it wasnt overpowering at all... It was in hot summer day too. Maybe, I'd change my mind after more wearings but... In general, I am not heavy sprayer because I learned that less is sometimes more so I dont have cloying problem with most fragrances.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Thumbs up Re: Dior Homme Intense

I have two bottles of this stuff and I actually like it very much.After a few negative compliments I left it in the cabinet for a while,till last week.I took three sprays and went to the office.That day I've heard from different people that this smells fabulous.One of those persons told me last year that she didn't liked it;now she was almost in trance about it.I live in the same climate as you do,and last week it was 20 degrees and It developed great.I decided to use it when I want,thats the benefit of our climate.Enjoy!

I spent half of my 100ml bottle during last winter (have to say - rather cold winter in Serbia, mostly below zero Centigrade), usually as an office scent. I really like to wear it during important meetings, it can be annoying for ordinary everyday routine. I really do not to wear something "everybody likes Paninaro" on such occasions - so my choice is DHI

Also I wore it every time I was casually dressed because I really felt in love with it.

It will fit university wearing for sure, too (e.g. leather jacket and expensive sweater).

Please note that I am quiet a big fan of Dior Homme Intense

Quote Originally Posted by Paninaro View Post
    Please note that I am quiet a big fan of Dior Homme Intense
    Wow, you don't say! One didn't notice that at all, when reading your post!

all fragrances can be worn all the time imo.

Quote Originally Posted by subutex View Post
    all fragrances can be worn all the time imo.
    Whilst I agree, I also think some are suited to specific times/occasions.

I wear it work on a regular basis and have nothing but compliments. Including "you smell yummy." And second hand "he smells good...my god" so I think the person getting disgusting remarks is wearing a different fragrance or has different body chemistry.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

DHI can get overwhelming and could easily start to lose its uniqueness to the nose if abused (= worn almost every day to work ) .

I usually leave this for nights outs with my girl , or when we stay in watching a movie etc....
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond Hume View Post
    Would Dior Homme Intense be suited for daily wear at university or at the office?
    For sure IMO.

I have not worn the Intense, but Dior Homme is one of the few colognes that my wife actually tell me that I smell good.

One of these days I will test the Intense version.
    Five that I am enjoying right now

1) Sel de Vetiver by The Different Company
    2) Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain
    3) Bois des Iles by Chanel
    4) Devin by Aramis
    5) Coromandel by Chanel

I'm wearing DHI on my wrist just at this moment, I can't get my nose away from that chocolate-y iris-y delicious smell. It's not for daily wear I assure you, and let me tell you the truth why people don't recommend this: you will get surrounded very quickly by people and it might be possible someone to take a bite out of you.

You give the meaning to a fragrance, you decide whether this will get you into your daily state or a romantic evening state, not others on basenotes.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

I've worn Dior Homme Intense before for casual day affairs. While I think evening special occasions suit it best, it can certainly be appreciated casually during the day. I don't wear it in hot weather though, I think it'd be too powdery and cloying.

I like sweet stuff and DHI is one of the easy wearable gourmands so I wear it anytime, anywhere I want (except of gym). For special ocassions I save more special and unique fragrances (DH original, Pure Malt, Body Kouros, Black Aoud (stil have to get full bottle of this))
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Quote Originally Posted by trapper View Post
    You give the meaning to a fragrance, you decide whether this will get you into your daily state or a romantic evening state, not others on basenotes.
    Wow I think this statement is profound. Nuit YSL for example gets me into an evening state. I know basenotes says one can wear anything anytime anywhere, but some fragrances put me in the right frame for work or play.

In small quantities and during colder, damper weather, I don't see why it weren't suitable for office wear.