Code of Conduct

Default John Varvatos or Armani Code?

Heard these 2 scents are quite similar, first thing is that true and if not what are the differences? Second of all I'm looking for one to buy, will mainly be used for evening wear, going out to bars and clubs etc so which one would you guys recommend, I'm a young guy if that helps in anyway.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: John Varvatos or Armani Code?

Code is more powdery while JV has a touch of leather. They both don't last that long on my skin but I'd go with the Varvatos. Imo it's more interesting and less common than Code.

Personally I'm not a fan of either having sampled both a while ago, but if I had to pick one or the other then John Varvatos. As the post above, neither lasted long on me, but I would say JV is more classier than Armani Code.

Ok thanks for the info guys, is there a scent similar to Code but one that lasts longer?

They are vastly different to my nose.

Code lasts a long time on me...say 10-12 hours on my skin
    Varvatos last only a couple hours or so.

That complaint aside, John Varvatos is all over Armani Code in my book. It's classier, more inviting, and more smooth.

Varvatos sours on my skin, Code dries down great on me. I own Code but didn't get JV even though I liked it on paper as it didn't go well on my skin. I say try them on the skin to see how it reacts to your body chemistry before making the purchase. JV might be more 'classy' but Code would probably have more appeal. Just depends what you are going for and how well they wear on you.
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

I don't think either choice is appropriate for clubbing, unless you are comfortable wearing a subtle fragrance while clubbing. Maybe they're good date fragrances once you're ready to spend a romantic night for two, but way too subtle to make an impression in a crowded room full of people.

Then again, I am no clubbing expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossa Nova View Post
    I don't think either choice is appropriate for clubbing, unless you are comfortable wearing a subtle fragrance while clubbing. Maybe they're good date fragrances once you're ready to spend a romantic night for two, but way too subtle to make an impression in a crowded room full of people.

Then again, I am no clubbing expert.
    I agree with mister Bossa Nova.

If you want to use them as clubbing fragrances, go heavy on the trigger. At least 6 sprays. If you want to chose one, I would go for Varvatos, as there is a higher chance some guys in there will smell like Code.

JV trust me

I'd go with Armani Code.

JV is more mature, but Code may be more versatile. As Diamond said, poor longevity on both.

Menswearhouse.com has 1.7 oz Code b1g1 free 49.99 for 1. so you get 2 for that price (technically 25 bucks each), granted they didn't sell out already, that's a pretty hot deal for this stuff since it's never really discounted much. Free shipping too! Just bought some for gifts fore people. In fact bought Code because it's a very versatile gift for a fragrance, and appealing to most noses.

I don't know who told you they were similar... they are nothing alike.
    My wanted thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/265086 (currently in search of a bottle of Kiton Black)
    My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/270368

Sur la Plage

They are not similar to me. If I was forced to choose one, it would be Code - but there are many other fragrances that are better than these two IMO.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Ok thanks for the replys, what similar but better fragrances are there then you would recommend?

I'd suggest Burberry London or Body Kouros.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

I have to go with Code and my Wife says so too!!! She really Loves Code Pour Homme!!!
    Gary