Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Scent of Oger by Creed

Anyone ever smelled this rare one? I'll translate it from Dutch:

"Geef hem eens ongelijk. Nederlands topretailer voor het exclusieve mannenpak presenteert volgende week maandag zijn eerste eigen geur 'Scent of Oger'. Oger Lusink heeft hem door niets minder dat het prachtige Engelse parfumhuis Creed heeft laten ontwikkelen. Twee jaar is er aan gewerkt en het resultaat is een warme, frisse geur met citrus en de bekende Oger-potpourri. De naam is een verwijzing naar de film 'Scent of a woman' met Al Pacino. Voor Oger op en top Italie. De geur zal in een oplage van 200 stuks in zijn winkels te koop zijn voor 260 euro. Maar van dat bedrag zal de gemiddelde Oger-klant zeker niet wakker liggen. Ik meld me weer als ik hem volgende week geroken heb!"

"Tell him he's dissimilar. Next Monday Dutch top retailer for the exclusive men's suit will present it's first fragrance called "scent of Oger". Oger Lusink had it developed specifically by the beautifull English perfume house Creed. It took two years to develop the warm, fresh scent with citrus and "oger-potpourri". The refers to the movie 'scent of a woman' with Al Pacino. This scene, for Oger, rescembles the paragon of Italy. The scent will come in a limited amount of 200 bottles only available at his shop, at the cost of 260 euros (295 $). But thats not an amount of money to keep the average Oger costumer awake at night. I'll report back when I've smelled it next week!"

http://beauty.blog.nl/parfum/2007/10...akt-door-creed
    Last edited by InconcievableZen; 4th September 2010 at 09:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Scent of Oger by Creed

Looks like quite the rarity!

Post Thanks / Like

Especially since the article was posted in 2007... I haven't spotted this at Oger here in Amsterdam; 200 bottles would have sold out long ago.

Yes. The question is:

Who of the basenoters smelled this costum made scent?

Edit: Tott, I see a wardrobe of a person who's values i presumably truly love. From the bottom of my heart: Perfect WR

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, thank you!

You're welcome. So bad I missed it.. if only I would have known. But didn't even know the name of Creed back then.

Oh, btw, my definition of a perfect WR is: Everything you like, nothing you dislike, and too much you don't have

I would love to get my hands on that evidence.

In which way? Do you doubt it's existence?

Edit again: As a Creed whore :P

Quote Originally Posted by InconcievableZen View Post
    In which way? Do you doubt it's existence?

Edit again: As a Creed whore :P
    As in i would love to get a sample of it , i want to try it lol.

Yes. Looks like a remake of Armani Pour Homme. And Bois de Cedrat

Post Thanks / Like

Do want.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This is the ultimate bait for the Creed collector! At the very least, it needs to go into the directory, even if we have to wait years for a review....

Post Thanks / Like

Love the flacon

Post Thanks / Like

I thought this was going to be about how Mike Myers smells.

You could go to the shop if it's nearby & inquire. You never know, they still might have a bottle considering it's not relatively known.

To be honest, sounds like a fake. Has Creed ever mentioned this? I probably could Photoshop the bottle label myself. Someone should email this to Creeds Press Rep and ask.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 5th September 2010 at 12:49 AM.

SmellChaser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My question is this: wouldn't a Dutch retailer have labels in Dutch if it were made especially for them?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    My question is this: wouldn't a Dutch retailer have labels in Dutch if it were made especially for them?
    Maybe Oger Lusink is an anglophile ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Maybe Oger Lusink is an anglophile ?
    I think a lot of Creed's charm is that to the French, they seem English, and to the English they seem a bit French. Dutch would merely confuse the issue. (or, more likely, seem like a deviation from Creed tradition...)

I think I know what it smells like...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3-9ztGxMXQ (NSFW)

Post Thanks / Like

Perfume labels in Dutch wouldn't look "sophisticated" enough.
    Jan Pieter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jpkunst View Post
    Perfume labels in Dutch wouldn't look "sophisticated" enough.
    They'd be sophisticated enough, it's the "hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" sound that would be difficult for others to pronounce

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    They'd be sophisticated enough, it's the "hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" sound that would be difficult for others to pronounce
    No, I'm serious. The use of English vs. Dutch in advertising slogans (and a perfume label is a kind of advertising slogan) is actually quite interesting. Any longer advertising content that is meant to be informational is usually Dutch. However, the slogan is often English, so you get English heading/slogan + Dutch text.

I think it works something like this: English slogan implies "sophisticated/international/with-the-times". Dutch slogan implies "trustworthy neighbour". So it depends on the kind of product or service that you are advertising which language you will choose for your slogan. And a perfume label, especially from a company like Creed, falls squarely in the "sophisticated/international" spectrum.
    Jan Pieter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi View Post
    To be honest, sounds like a fake. Has Creed ever mentioned this? I probably could Photoshop the bottle label myself. Someone should email this to Creeds Press Rep and ask.
    It's real. Oger carries part of the Creed collection in their store. They had Creed develop an exclusive fragrance to celebrate the owner's 60th birthday, I believe. I don't think the fragrance was ever announced by Creed, as it was sold exclusively by Oger, with very limited availability. Alas, I have never smelled the actual scent.

However, it's interesting to note that this is 'The first edition', which might hint at more editions being released somewhere in the future.

Another article (in Dutch), found here, speculates that Scent of Oger resembles Annick Goutal's Eau de Monsieur, describing it as a crispy citrus scent with warm undertones.
    Last edited by Heerst; 5th September 2010 at 09:03 PM.
    Looking for: Creed caps

Post Thanks / Like

I can attest that it is real. I was in the Oger shop (P.C. Hooftstraat, Amsterdam) today and it was for sale there. The sales guy barely acknowledged my existence and was clearly not interested in dealing with me (not unexpectedly, as I was dressed in t-shirt and jeans) but I did learn from him that it costs €250 for 200 ml. They even had a bottle open for testing. I didn't try it, I'm not interested in this scent, but for those who are, you know where to go:

Oger (Google Streetview link).
    Jan Pieter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jpkunst View Post
    I can attest that it is real. I was in the Oger shop (P.C. Hooftstraat, Amsterdam) today and it was for sale there.
    I must've not registered it, or it wasn't in plain sight when I last checked... Guess it's time for a walk over to Oger soon!

Post Thanks / Like

So it is still available? Hmm, surprising! Maybe someone should host a split.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tott View Post
    I must've not registered it, or it wasn't in plain sight when I last checked... Guess it's time for a walk over to Oger soon!
    If this stuff is even halfway good, do snag a sniff, if not a bottle. Even if I never smell the stuff, I'd love to read a good review. I've already submitted it to the missing fragrances list.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by InconcievableZen View Post
    warm, fresh scent with citrus and "oger-potpourri".
    Quote Originally Posted by philmcphe View Post
    Do want.

Quote Originally Posted by Heerst View Post
    speculates that Scent of Oger resembles Annick Goutal's Eau de Monsieur
    Correction:

*but would still like to sample, hoping for the classiest potpourri imaginable*

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Correction:

*but would still like to sample, hoping for the classiest potpourri imaginable*
    LOL

Yeah, if I want a salty feminine, I'll just buy actual Annick Goutal and be done with it.

Post Thanks / Like

I swung by Oger on the way home from work and sniffed the Scent of Oger. I got a light, citrusy/lemony eau de cologne. Very nice and refreshing with a bit of crisp greenery. There must be some florals too, but I can't pick anything out. It's definitely fleeting, like you'd expect from an edc, and seems very fitting to Oger's Italocentric style.
    Last edited by tott; 6th September 2010 at 05:12 PM.

I swung by Oger on the way home from work and sniffed the Scent of Oger. I got a light, citrusy/lemony eau de cologne. Very nice and refreshing with a bit of crisp greenery. There must be some florals too, but I can't pick anything out. It's definitely fleeting, like you'd expect from an edc, and seems very fitting to Oger's Italocentric style.
    is it similar to millesime imperial? is it better or worse? what would you give it out of 10?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBond007 View Post
    is it similar to millesime imperial? is it better or worse? what would you give it out of 10?
    I've only sniffed Millesime Imperiale quickly, but I'll make a point of comparing the two tomorrow...

I think it's a really nice edc, but I would hesitate to spend a lot of money on such a fleeting fragrance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've only sniffed Millesime Imperiale quickly, but I'll make a point of comparing the two tomorrow...

I think it's a really nice edc, but I would hesitate to spend a lot of money on such a fleeting fragrance.
    OTOH, if it's anything like Santal Imperial, the fleeting EDC-ish top could hide a restrained but beautiful base, that many would find quite worthy. It will be important to see how it dries down. For me, Santal Imperial is best in the first 15 minutes, and then again at about 6-8 hours.

Good luck with your comparison!

Post Thanks / Like

Tott, thanks so much for making this trip to give us this review.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    +1

For information, one of the comments at the link reports:

"De geur is inderdaad aan de zware citrus kant maar wordt enkele minuten later nadat de alcohol weggetrokken is warmer en dan komt de Oger potpouri geur naarboven."

"The scent is indeed on the heavy citrus side, but after a few minutes, when the alcohol is gone, becomes warmer and then the Oger potpourri comes to the front."

SmellChaser
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think I would like this better than Aventus.

creed said they were doing an eau de cologne in the spring, perhaps this is the one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    I think I know what it smells like...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3-9ztGxMXQ (NSFW)
    Yeah, this was the first thing that came to mind when I was clicking the title, thinking it was a hoax thread.

And until today, I had no idea how to even pronounce "Oger", i was saying it like the Belch contestant. When I called Oger Amsterdam today, I wasn't sure how to say it still, but right on their intro, the automated voice thankfully said it:

"Oh-shjay" (please JaimeB come save/fix my Umlaut and Schwa!)

And the gentleman that assisted me told me a little of the details and history of it, and stated it is indeed declared a millesime concentration, which is a sort of mid-ground between eau de toilette and eau de parfum (as we all know).

I'm very interested in this scent, but really don't want to get my hopes up just yet, as I know Creed has excellent italian citruses, but I've never smelled Oger's "warm/hot" Potpourri, that this scent was originally based entirely off of. Apparently, the Italian Citruses were an add-on due to the Lusink father and son feeling it needed something more. It originally had slim/none citrus when Olivier and Erwin presented it to the Lusinks.

Has anyone here smelled the Oger Potpourri ?
    It must be extrmely classy, given what I've seen of Oger's clothing and level of refined taste. but in translating some Dutch forums, some complained Oger Potpourri sometimes scents the whole block, weather depending. Is Oger's somehow majorly different from what we normally think of as Potpourri ?

The more I hear about this, the more I wonder if the base is different meanwhile the initial notes are much like Neroli Sauvage.
    Hi, I'm William | removethelabels.com | Yep! This Is My Moving Sale Thread
    My Decant & Bottles Swap Thread | I need a Creed Original Vetiver cap...

Post Thanks / Like

"Oh-shjay" (please JaimeB come save/fix my Umlaut and Schwa!)
    Yes, they pronounce Oger like it's a french word.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    +1
    Thanks, my pleasure!

Post Thanks / Like

My main impression of Millésime Impérial is that it starts with sharp citrus, then comes melon and that "fuzzy" aquatic, slightly woody feeling so common in many men's fragrances during the past 15-20 years. It's a modern fragrance for men, and it's not bad if you happen to like this style. I don't.

Scent of Oger feels much more natural. It has a softer and juicier citrus and almost life-like greenery. I would pick this one over MI with no hesitation.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm now how am I going to get a bottle of this short of flying to Europe...
    Last edited by philmcphe; 13th September 2010 at 08:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Full review coming soon!

Grant, is this in the directory yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Full review coming soon!

Grant, is this in the directory yet?
    COOL!

Unfortunately, the entry is not there yet. I'd say go for the review a.s.a.p. and let the listing get there when it does. No need to let fragrance process hold up fragrance progress!

Post Thanks / Like

I;m going to give it a few more wearings before i write up a review:

But here is what i detect so far:

Italian Citruses: (Lemon, Orange, Bergamot), Artemesia, Cracked Red Pepper, Jasmine, Rose, Lavender, Immortelle, Juniper, Marjoram, Fennel Seed, Allspice/clove, Cypress, Cedar, Ambergris

Lovers of Bois De Cedrat, Selection Verte and Bois Du Portugal I think will love Scent of Oger, as it prominently shares elements of all 3......as well as people who love immortelle and spices (it's literally HOT !!!)

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice! Did you get these from Oger directly?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert G. View Post
    Very nice! Did you get these from Oger directly?
    Oger Amsterdam.

they might have 1 or 2 left.

i heard it is similar to bois de cedrat. it was ok but it faded so fast on me, oh well. i wish i could sample this.

Post Thanks / Like

i heard it is similar to bois de cedrat. it was ok but it faded so fast on me, oh well. i wish i could sample this.
    Yeah, Bois De Cedrat has terrible longevity, but a beautifully traditional citrus note. This has a stronger dose of what seems to the citrus of these 3: Bois De Cedrat/Selection Verte/Eau De Guerlain. And the heart and base are HOT!, floral/herbal, and woody.

Hit me up on crystal flacon if you want a sample, David.

Post Thanks / Like

So Dullah, you went in BIG on a blind buy for this, didn't you? And it took less than a week (weekend included) to arrive? That's amazing.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Post Thanks / Like

Oger Amsterdam.

they might have 1 or 2 left.
    Is this worth going out of my way to get a bottle of? Do you think they'd ship it to the US for me if I contacted them directly?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    So Dullah, you went in BIG on a blind buy for this, didn't you? And it took less than a week (weekend included) to arrive? That's amazing.
    I heard Citrus and crisp Greenery, as well as potpourri, and couldn't resist. It has now pushed a few of my other Citrus/green/SPICE/wood fragrances out of the rotation for the rest of autumn and early fall. Probably too light for Winter, but we'll see, the greens/spices/immortelle/woods may hold up better than I think in cold weather.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by philmcphe View Post
    Is this worth going out of my way to get a bottle of? Do you think they'd ship it to the US for me if I contacted them directly?
    What are your favorite citrus/green scents, and what are your favorite spice/wood scents?

Post Thanks / Like

Some of my favorite green fragrances are Vetiver Extraordinaire, GIT, and Vetyverio among others, some of my favorite wood/spice ones are BdP, Bois d'Orage, and Straight to Heaven. I feel it's worth mentioning these are by far my two favorite categories in fragrance too.
    Last edited by philmcphe; 14th September 2010 at 03:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Since you like Bois Du Portugal, you'll almost certainly like Scent of Oger's Drydown, which seems to contain a light helping of the Cedar/Lavender/Spice/Ambergris directly out of BdP, and thankfully none of it's powder. the remainder of the drydown is Immortelle/floral, and HOT spice, like Red pepper and Allspice.

have you tried Bois De Cedrat, Eau De Guerlain, Imperiale Extra Dry, or Selection Verte?

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried Eau de Guerlain and liked it quite a bit, I have not tried the others although I have been trying to make a point of Selection Verte as it sounds like something right up my alley

Post Thanks / Like

If you liked Eau De Guerlain's Lemon/Herbs, Scent of Oger's citrus/herbs are a much better version of that, qualitatively as good or better than the citrus notes in Bois De Cedrat and Selection Verte, but with a hot/spicy edge to it. it's extremely natural and green up top. Check your PM's Philmcphe

Post Thanks / Like

If you liked Eau De Guerlain's Lemon/Herbs, Scent of Oger's citrus/herbs are a much better version of that, qualitatively as good or better than the citrus notes in Bois De Cedrat and Selection Verte, but with a hot/spicy edge to it. it's extremely natural and green up top. Check your PM's Philmcphe
    Congrats on your acquisition!

The million dollar question - Where can you buy it from?