Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Scent of Oger by Creed

Oger shops in Amsterdam, den Haag, and Rotterdam, according to the web site.

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    Congrats on your acquisition!

The million dollar question - Where can you buy it from?
    Oger Amsterdam either has 0, 1, or 2 remaining, Diane or some other collector / Creed fanatic maybe hasn't grabbed them yet.

Liking this more and more each subsequent wearing. Today I'm not smelling so close to the application spot, which the other day overwhelemed my nose with the warm/hot spices. I've been strictly smelling it's light sillage today, and the character is less spicy from afar after the first 45 minutes. More green.

With heavy applications, it's revealed a green verbena note similar to Acqua Di Parma's Colonia, as well as the tart/tonic type note Colonia's lemon has...enough to make me think this is what Assoluta and Intensa wish they had been.

It's also got a resinous note in the base, mildly similar to rocabar. Unsure of it's Tolu or Peru Balsam or what, as I'm not that experienced with the resinous balsams.

Dang it, Dullah. First Windsor, now Scent of Oger. You got me curious about both and I've yet to get a full wearing of either.

Quote Originally Posted by Heerst View Post
    Another article (in Dutch), found here, speculates that Scent of Oger resembles Annick Goutal's Eau de Monsieur, describing it as a crispy citrus scent with warm undertones.
    Not so much Eau De Monsieur.

I have, however, found a fragrance which has nearly identical citrus/green topnotes, and given Oger Lusink's taste, I wouldn't doubt that Scent of Oger (2007) served as the exact model for the fragrance I recently found and thoroughly tested:

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26131232.html

Sure, the Brioni doesn't have the hot pepper or warm notes like Scent of Oger. but the citrus/green tops & upper-mids are almost IDENTICAL.

does Oger significantly from CREED's many other citrus frags?

Bois de Cedrat
    Citrus Bigarrade
    Zeste Mandarin Pamplemousse
    Neroli Sauvage
    Orange Spice
    am i missing any?

Quote Originally Posted by fugazi View Post
    does Oger significantly from CREED's many other citrus frags?

Bois de Cedrat
    Citrus Bigarrade
    Zeste Mandarin Pamplemousse
    Neroli Sauvage
    Orange Spice
    am i missing any?
    it's a totally different scent, due to the "Oger potpourri" used in the base, and even the citrus (while partially shared with Selection Verte and Bois De Cedrat, none of the others) is unique within the creed line. So, yes, it differs quite a bit, Mr. English

Basenotes Institution

Sounds amazing Dullah. Enjoy it in good health!

Sounds cool, if it smells like adp I would love that.

I am wearing this today. First impression: an incense infused Selection Verte. Very pleasant, very nice.

The one drawback: it stays close to my skin.

Dullah, did you ever smell Verveine Narcisse?

Your mention of a verbena note made me think of this long-discontinued Creed, which was really nice, without the "perfumey" Creed basenote, more like a "green Windsor" (perhaps not as special, but really really good).

Quote Originally Posted by Addict View Post
    Dullah, did you ever smell Verveine Narcisse?

Your mention of a verbena note made me think of this long-discontinued Creed, which was really nice, without the "perfumey" Creed basenote, more like a "green Windsor" (perhaps not as special, but really really good).
    Vervaine Narcisse is another I was very dissapointed in. It's not at all a "lemon Verbena", not even slightly. There is zero citrus. The scent is a feminine/mossy/old school twist on "Wild Verbena".

For those unfamiliar with "Wild Verbena", it has no lemony essence at all, it is a very green, leafy, weedy scent. And in Vervaine Narcisse, CREED mixed this wild verbena with additional floral notes, and not particularly great ones. There is a mossy/leafy aspect to it that is very very good, smelling of wet mossy/grassy earth with piles of freshly fallen leaves after a heavy rain. I can't stress enough how "rainy" and "moist greens" this scent imparts. And that aspect is quite good. However, the weedy/80's femme-synthetic floral note made this a real loser on me. That synthetic note just made it seem cheap. It's sort of like a more synthetic, super strong wet-earthy/floral/80's version of Sisley's Eau De Campagne.
    Last edited by DULLAH; 2nd November 2010 at 06:49 PM.

Anyone have a decant/sample of this? Also if you have tried it please write a review in the directory before the fragrance is forgotten forever
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Anyone have a decant/sample of this? Also if you have tried it please write a review in the directory before the fragrance is forgotten forever
    I went through hell and high water chasing the last 2 available flacons of this about 2 years ago. I've said before that this fragrance, reportedly the first bespoke crafted by Erwin, for a haberdashery that he buys tailored suits from, smells like a blend of Bois de Cedrat, Citrus Bigarrade, and a few others that I can't think of at the moment with a fruity and unique "potpourri" added. It is the potpourri that gives this fragrance it's character/ identity. Although it can be worn anytime, I tend to wear it in warmer weather or summer time. From memory it does last longer than Citrus Bigarrade or Selection Verte.

Martin

Martin

I'm always interested in new/limited release of Creed frags but what a horrible name for a fragrance. Sounds like a name for some fairytale villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I'm always interested in new/limited release of Creed frags but what a horrible name for a fragrance. Sounds like a name for some fairytale villain.
    It does at that!

It's a bit close to ogre, at least as a written word.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazznpool View Post
    I went through hell and high water chasing the last 2 available flacons of this about 2 years ago. I've said before that this fragrance, reportedly the first bespoke crafted by Erwin, for a haberdashery that he buys tailored suits from, smells like a blend of Bois de Cedrat, Citrus Bigarrade, and a few others that I can't think of at the moment with a fruity and unique "potpourri" added. It is the potpourri that gives this fragrance it's character/ identity. Although it can be worn anytime, I tend to wear it in warmer weather or summer time. From memory it does last longer than Citrus Bigarrade or Selection Verte.

Martin

Martin
    I think you're the biggest Creed fanatic around; going out of your way to get some of their rarest and most prized scents is great. I love hearing you're stories and pursuits on getting them. Are there any Creed's that you are missing? And you bought both flacons of scent of Oger?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Oger, which I think is a French name, is pronounced "Oh-zhay." Oger has high end men's fashion stores in the Netherlands and Belgium. Two kind BNers and a gal in the Oger corporate office helped me with the purchases and shipping, which I bought one at a time about a month apart. The last flacon I purchased had to be brought to Oger Amsterdam store from another Oger store. I was told it was the very last flacon available (out of 300). There were no plans to make another batch and I think the IFRA issues with citrus oils probably preclude it being reissued in the original formulation. The pursuit of some of these fragrances has been great fun. Although they are woman's Creed fragrances, I'd love to have a small sample of Rosalie and Jonquilles Ylang, simply because I have not ever seen or smelled them.

Martin