Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Scent of Oger by Creed

Oger shops in Amsterdam, den Haag, and Rotterdam, according to the web site.
    Currently wearing: Habit Rouge by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    Congrats on your acquisition!

The million dollar question - Where can you buy it from?
    Oger Amsterdam either has 0, 1, or 2 remaining, Diane or some other collector / Creed fanatic maybe hasn't grabbed them yet.

Liking this more and more each subsequent wearing. Today I'm not smelling so close to the application spot, which the other day overwhelemed my nose with the warm/hot spices. I've been strictly smelling it's light sillage today, and the character is less spicy from afar after the first 45 minutes. More green.

With heavy applications, it's revealed a green verbena note similar to Acqua Di Parma's Colonia, as well as the tart/tonic type note Colonia's lemon has...enough to make me think this is what Assoluta and Intensa wish they had been.

It's also got a resinous note in the base, mildly similar to rocabar. Unsure of it's Tolu or Peru Balsam or what, as I'm not that experienced with the resinous balsams.

Dang it, Dullah. First Windsor, now Scent of Oger. You got me curious about both and I've yet to get a full wearing of either.

Hi, I'm William | My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Heerst View Post
    Another article (in Dutch), found here, speculates that Scent of Oger resembles Annick Goutal's Eau de Monsieur, describing it as a crispy citrus scent with warm undertones.
    Not so much Eau De Monsieur.

I have, however, found a fragrance which has nearly identical citrus/green topnotes, and given Oger Lusink's taste, I wouldn't doubt that Scent of Oger (2007) served as the exact model for the fragrance I recently found and thoroughly tested:

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26131232.html

Sure, the Brioni doesn't have the hot pepper or warm notes like Scent of Oger. but the citrus/green tops & upper-mids are almost IDENTICAL.

does Oger significantly from CREED's many other citrus frags?

Bois de Cedrat
    Citrus Bigarrade
    Zeste Mandarin Pamplemousse
    Neroli Sauvage
    Orange Spice
    am i missing any?

Quote Originally Posted by fugazi View Post
    does Oger significantly from CREED's many other citrus frags?

Bois de Cedrat
    Citrus Bigarrade
    Zeste Mandarin Pamplemousse
    Neroli Sauvage
    Orange Spice
    am i missing any?
    it's a totally different scent, due to the "Oger potpourri" used in the base, and even the citrus (while partially shared with Selection Verte and Bois De Cedrat, none of the others) is unique within the creed line. So, yes, it differs quite a bit, Mr. English

Basenotes Institution

Sounds amazing Dullah. Enjoy it in good health!
    Currently wearing: Sugi by Comme des Garçons

Sounds cool, if it smells like adp I would love that.

I am wearing this today. First impression: an incense infused Selection Verte. Very pleasant, very nice.

The one drawback: it stays close to my skin.

Dullah, did you ever smell Verveine Narcisse?

Your mention of a verbena note made me think of this long-discontinued Creed, which was really nice, without the "perfumey" Creed basenote, more like a "green Windsor" (perhaps not as special, but really really good).

Quote Originally Posted by Addict View Post
    Dullah, did you ever smell Verveine Narcisse?

Your mention of a verbena note made me think of this long-discontinued Creed, which was really nice, without the "perfumey" Creed basenote, more like a "green Windsor" (perhaps not as special, but really really good).
    Vervaine Narcisse is another I was very dissapointed in. It's not at all a "lemon Verbena", not even slightly. There is zero citrus. The scent is a feminine/mossy/old school twist on "Wild Verbena".

For those unfamiliar with "Wild Verbena", it has no lemony essence at all, it is a very green, leafy, weedy scent. And in Vervaine Narcisse, CREED mixed this wild verbena with additional floral notes, and not particularly great ones. There is a mossy/leafy aspect to it that is very very good, smelling of wet mossy/grassy earth with piles of freshly fallen leaves after a heavy rain. I can't stress enough how "rainy" and "moist greens" this scent imparts. And that aspect is quite good. However, the weedy/80's femme-synthetic floral note made this a real loser on me. That synthetic note just made it seem cheap. It's sort of like a more synthetic, super strong wet-earthy/floral/80's version of Sisley's Eau De Campagne.
    Last edited by DULLAH; 2nd November 2010 at 06:49 PM.

Anyone have a decant/sample of this? Also if you have tried it please write a review in the directory before the fragrance is forgotten forever
    -

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Anyone have a decant/sample of this? Also if you have tried it please write a review in the directory before the fragrance is forgotten forever
    I went through hell and high water chasing the last 2 available flacons of this about 2 years ago. I've said before that this fragrance, reportedly the first bespoke crafted by Erwin, for a haberdashery that he buys tailored suits from, smells like a blend of Bois de Cedrat, Citrus Bigarrade, and a few others that I can't think of at the moment with a fruity and unique "potpourri" added. It is the potpourri that gives this fragrance it's character/ identity. Although it can be worn anytime, I tend to wear it in warmer weather or summer time. From memory it does last longer than Citrus Bigarrade or Selection Verte.

Martin

Martin

I'm always interested in new/limited release of Creed frags but what a horrible name for a fragrance. Sounds like a name for some fairytale villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I'm always interested in new/limited release of Creed frags but what a horrible name for a fragrance. Sounds like a name for some fairytale villain.
    It does at that!

It's a bit close to ogre, at least as a written word.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazznpool View Post
    I went through hell and high water chasing the last 2 available flacons of this about 2 years ago. I've said before that this fragrance, reportedly the first bespoke crafted by Erwin, for a haberdashery that he buys tailored suits from, smells like a blend of Bois de Cedrat, Citrus Bigarrade, and a few others that I can't think of at the moment with a fruity and unique "potpourri" added. It is the potpourri that gives this fragrance it's character/ identity. Although it can be worn anytime, I tend to wear it in warmer weather or summer time. From memory it does last longer than Citrus Bigarrade or Selection Verte.

Martin

Martin
    I think you're the biggest Creed fanatic around; going out of your way to get some of their rarest and most prized scents is great. I love hearing you're stories and pursuits on getting them. Are there any Creed's that you are missing? And you bought both flacons of scent of Oger?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    Oger, which I think is a French name, is pronounced "Oh-zhay." Oger has high end men's fashion stores in the Netherlands and Belgium. Two kind BNers and a gal in the Oger corporate office helped me with the purchases and shipping, which I bought one at a time about a month apart. The last flacon I purchased had to be brought to Oger Amsterdam store from another Oger store. I was told it was the very last flacon available (out of 300). There were no plans to make another batch and I think the IFRA issues with citrus oils probably preclude it being reissued in the original formulation. The pursuit of some of these fragrances has been great fun. Although they are woman's Creed fragrances, I'd love to have a small sample of Rosalie and Jonquilles Ylang, simply because I have not ever seen or smelled them.

Martin

After many years of hunting this down, I can finally say that I now have this sought after Creed in my possession! As some of you know I had been in negotiation with a gentleman from Luxembourg who had a brand new unopened bottle with box that he apparently had bought years back and held on to it only to see its value increase over time. I was lucky enough through contacts across the Atlantic to locate this individual and with the help of an overseas business associate and friend of mine, succeeded in breaking the deal. It was pricey but for me completely worth it as I am extremely happy.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

That's great, hednic! Now, I just need to try some.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    After many years of hunting this down, I can finally say that I now have this sought after Creed in my possession! As some of you know I had been in negotiation with a gentleman from Luxembourg who had a brand new unopened bottle with box that he apparently had bought years back and held on to it only to see its value increase over time. I was lucky enough through contacts across the Atlantic to locate this individual and with the help of an overseas business associate and friend of mine, succeeded in breaking the deal. It was pricey but for me completely worth it as I am extremely happy.

Many congratulations, hednic

How much a dollar cost

Congrats Hednic! I remember seeing you mention this a bit ago, and I'm glad to see it came to fruition!
    UPDATE 5/21 15Q01 AVENTUS! (50ML $75 / 100ML $140) - SELECTION VERTE SPLITS AVAILABLE http://www.basenotes.net/threads/400...r-construction
    Sale thread - DHS 2008 / Mont Blanc Legend http://www.basenotes.net/threads/398...ll-others-sold!

Hednic could you describe the scent?

Can't wait to see your take on this. I found it interesting; but an odd beast. Citrus + (spicy) potpourri makes for odd bedfellows, but it works.
    Hi, I'm William | My Swap Thread

Way to go hednic! I'm glad it arrived in one piece!

From your previous posts, it seemed like this was a very long negotiation process. Would you be so kind to walk us through the ins and outs of high-end perfume negotiations? (I don't mean numbers, but process, and what were the stumbling blocks and how they were worked around. Also, how did you track down the individual?)

Indiana Jones and the Scent of Oger.

Basenotes Institution N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer's Avatar

hednic, would you mind writing a review on 'Scent of Oger'? No one has done a review on it and you would be the first!

Congratulations! I love a great hunt/adventure with a happy ending! Just recently I bought a gently used Omega Seamaster James Bond Model with the black bezel and face. I'd wanted one for years, and finally had the money at the same time as the deal. I've worn it almost every day for a month now! For me, that's unheard of. I usually wear a different watch every couple of days or so.
    Currently wearing: CH Men by Carolina Herrera

Thank you all above for the warm congrats. I'm still relishing looking at it and will probably continue doing so for a little longer before opening it as I am still a bit overwhelmed. I promise to share my thoughts in the near future.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Thank you all above for the warm congrats. I'm still relishing looking at it and will probably continue doing so for a little longer before opening it as I am still a bit overwhelmed. I promise to share my thoughts in the near future.
    Congratulations Hednic. Enjoy it and yes please share your thoughts upon sampling.
    MY STEALTHY FREEDOM.

Quote Originally Posted by adam090273 View Post
    Congratulations Hednic. Enjoy it and yes please share your thoughts upon sampling.
    Thank you.

Congratulations! I know you have been trying to get this for some time.

If you didn't already lock it away in your personal Fort Knox, I would love to see a picture of the bottle (and your thoughts about the scent itself)!
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Xerjoff - Nio
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Creed - Virgin Island Water
    8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    9. Creed - Original Cologne
    10. Clive Christian - 1872 for Men

Potpourri is often referenced to criticise women's fragrances as cheap and nasty. Choosing it is a key note seems risky?
    Currently wearing: Pour Un Homme by Caron

Congrats Hednic! I look forward to your impressions, but for right now, enjoy the spoils and admire the bottle .

Congrats Hednic, I am happy for you that the deal worked out! Wear it in good health! (When you've finished admiring it for a while)

Well after having worn it as my SOTD today, I can say that it was well worth the hunt, wait, and price. My inarticulate impression is that it comes off initially as a smooth not sharp lemony citrus and seems to linger quite longer than I expected before it transitions into a floral mix (can't seem to pinpoint any prominent flower at least on first application) until it dries down to a nice spicy (nutmeg?, clove?) but not overpowering base. As others have mentioned above, I have no idea what the potpourri at Oger smelled like, but if that's an integral part of it, I didn't find it unpleasant or overbearing. I do like citrus scents and I guess that's why I found this quite to my liking. It lasted from 7AM until 4PM so I would say I was satisfied with the longevity and projection was also pretty good. Actually one of my employees in my office noticed I was wearing something different than the norm and took a moment to tell me it smelled nice on me, which made me feel good that it came off as being a "people friendly scent"
    Last edited by hednic; 17th March 2015 at 03:24 AM.

Well after having worn it as my SOTD today, I can say that it was well worth the hunt, wait, and price. My inarticulate impression is that it comes off initially as a smooth not sharp lemony citrus and seems to linger quite longer than I expected before it transitions into a floral mix (can't seem to pinpoint any prominent flower at least on first application) until it dries down to a nice spicy (nutmeg?, clove?) but not overpowering base. As others have mentioned above, I have no idea what the potpourri at Oger smelled like, but if that's an integral part of it, I didn't find it unpleasant or overbearing. I do like citrus scents and I guess that's why I found this quite to my liking. It lasted from 7AM until 4PM so I would say I was satisfied with the longevity and projection was also pretty good. Actually one of my employess in my office noticed I was wearing something different than the norm and took a moment to tell me it smelled nice on me, which made me feel good that it came off as being a "people friendly scent"
    Wow, this sounds great! Too bad it is so inaccessible, but I'm glad you enjoyed it and found it worth the hunt!

Well after having worn it as my SOTD today, I can say that it was well worth the hunt, wait, and price. My inarticulate impression is that it comes off initially as a smooth not sharp lemony citrus and seems to linger quite longer than I expected before it transitions into a floral mix (can't seem to pinpoint any prominent flower at least on first application) until it dries down to a nice spicy (nutmeg?, clove?) but not overpowering base. As others have mentioned above, I have no idea what the potpourri at Oger smelled like, but if that's an integral part of it, I didn't find it unpleasant or overbearing. I do like citrus scents and I guess that's why I found this quite to my liking. It lasted from 7AM until 4PM so I would say I was satisfied with the longevity and projection was also pretty good. Actually one of my employess in my office noticed I was wearing something different than the norm and took a moment to tell me it smelled nice on me, which made me feel good that it came off as being a "people friendly scent"
    Congratulations!!! An accomplishment indeed. I had once read that it shares some similarities to Neroli Sauvage. Would you find this to be true or completely different? Thank you Sir!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Congratulations again hednic. I hope it was worth it - I'm sure it was a bit of a hassle and no small expense. It must be pretty cool to have such a rare gem like that.

Did you have any way to know if it was "off" or if it had "turned", or was it just a buyers risk?
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Xerjoff - Nio
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    4. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    5. Dior - Homme Sport 2008
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Creed - Virgin Island Water
    8. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    9. Creed - Original Cologne
    10. Clive Christian - 1872 for Men

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    Congratulations!!! An accomplishment indeed. I had once read that it shares some similarities to Neroli Sauvage. Would you find this to be true or completely different? Thank you Sir!
    In the opening, perhaps a bit. It reminded a little more of the opening of Eau D'Hadrien by Annick Goutal.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Congratulations again hednic. I hope it was worth it - I'm sure it was a bit of a hassle and no small expense. It must be pretty cool to have such a rare gem like that.

Did you have any way to know if it was "off" or if it had "turned", or was it just a buyers risk?
    I had no way of knowing for sure if it was off other than by reading other people's descriptions of what it should smell like. It did seem to match their descriptions so I guess that was a good sign. I know It was very well stored, boxed, sealed, and pristine. No discoloration or evaporation of liquid. It was a risk, but I had been sent numerous e-mails with photos of the actual bottle and these were corroborated by my associate who inspected it in person prior to completing the transaction, so it was a risk I felt was worth taking.

Great story, Hednic! A super acquisition.

It would have been nice for the Scent of Oger to have had a wider distribution and continued existence.

I'm really happy you enjoy the fragrance!

After such a long journey, it's a relief that it worked out perfectly!