Code of Conduct

Default Difference between Captain by Molyneux and the "new" Captain by the same house??

Hi everyone.

I bought the "new" Captain by Molyneux and I want to know about the differences between them.
    Someone have tryed this "new" Captain?
    This "new" version smells same the original or not?

I'd be grateful for any additional info.

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by rikafa; 5th September 2010 at 12:31 PM.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Difference between Captain by Molyneux and the "new" Captain by the same house??

I didn't know there was a new Captain. That sounds like very good news. I am nursing my bottle of the original version very jealously.

Are these the versions? I will have to look out for them and investigate.
    Last edited by perfaddict; 5th September 2010 at 06:10 AM.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Default Re: Difference between Captain by Molyneux and the "new" Captain by the same house??

Hi perfaddict!

Thanks for posting the pictures. The second one is the "new" version. I bougth it at ebay... the EDT and the afther shave. Nicely priced.
    Last edited by rikafa; 5th September 2010 at 12:32 PM.

When you know the original Captain , you CAN'T love the new version.
    They have NOTHING in common

Molyneux took the same name but the fragrances are completely different. A pity! They would have done a thousand times better to bring back the real Captain!

Didn't know there was a new one either. Glad now that I have the original which is a fine scent.

When I was a kid, there was a toilet bowl cleaner that came in a cheap plastic bottle. It had a watered down synthetic floral, mock lavender scent to it. I am not saying the new Captain Molyneux smells like this cheap toilet bowl cleaner of my youth. I am saying it is this cheap toilet bowl cleaner of my youth all the way down to the cheap plastic bottle. It is currently available as a gift set with 2.5 oz EDT and 2.5 oz Aftershave from fragrancenet for $13:39 with a 15% discount. That should tell you something about the "quality" of this reformulation. Save your money for better smelling toilet bowl cleaners. There are plenty of them around, and they're ultimately cheaper than this abomination.

The original Captain Molyneux is one of a kind fragrance. Nothing comes to mind with which to compare it. It's a warm, spicy fougérè with lavender, ginger, patchouli, rosemary, sandwood, cedar, and oakmoss notes blended seamlessly. It has a long, distinctive evolution, and its drydown is really complex and surprising. It has final basenote accord that is elegant and uplifting. Longevity and projection are excellent.

scentemental

Last edited by scentemental; 8th December 2011 at 03:47 AM.