Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: So i finally stepped into the world of Creed Tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Jonny is in a dangerous place. He has just discovered his love of scents and Basenotes keeps throwing things out at you faster than you can say "charge it."

Been there.
    Haha true.
    I'm glad I don't use my credit cards unless I have to use paypal or a credit card online. Jonny!, don't charge anything! Always pay cash from day one!
    !!!

!

hahaha thanks for all the advice and comments guys. and dullah dont worrrry. im very financiallly smart. i dont even own a credit card at this time. im very young. but every big purchase i make is usually cash from birthday and graduation money . (yeah thats how young i am. ) hahah

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Haha true.
    I'm glad I don't use my credit cards unless I have to use paypal or a credit card online. Jonny!, don't charge anything! Always pay cash from day one!
    !!!
    WORD.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    hahaha thanks for all the advice and comments guys. and dullah dont worrrry. im very financiallly smart. i dont even own a credit card at this time. im very young. but every big purchase i make is usually cash from birthday and graduation money . (yeah thats how young i am. ) hahah
    Yup, be wise with the money, this perfume stuff is dangerous. It all starts back behind the school gym when your friend gives you some Mitsuoko from his grandmother's "medicinal" stash . . . .next thing you know you are waking up in Vegas surrounded by empty bottles of vintage Tabac Blond, trying to remember how you got there and then you hit rock bottom, doing anything for that next hit of Bandit EDT, ANYTHING!!!

. . . er, or so I'm told.

Congratulations and welcome to the world of Creed.....Gary

Egad. If you throw your shoes into the washer immediately you still might be able to save them.

I see you got the niche bug. You better hide your wallet, because its all downhill (in a good way) from here.

My first niche was Silver Mountain Water. I thought it was good, but not outstanding. Soon after I bought a bottle of L'Artisan's Voleur de Roses and this one blew my mind. Now here I am, over 300 fragrances later!

If I were you I would sample, sample, sample... But do so at a pace that is comfortable for you.
    You can get niche samples from www.luckyscent.com and www.aedes.com

I highly recommend trying Lorenzo Villoresi's Piper Nigrum.
    This is another one that blew me away. Its almost (not in a bad way) shocking the first time you smell it.
    http://lafcony.com/Merchant2/merchan...t_Code=P151023

As SoS stated above, its a fun trip down the rabbit hole. By the sounds of it, you are going to enjoy it immensely.

Oh yeah. Welcome to Basenotes. You will find many great and knowledgeable enablers...um I mean people here.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Cool Re: So i finally stepped into the world of Creed Tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    btw. NO. this is not Cool Water. This does NOT have the soapy syntheticness that Cool Water has on my skin. Cool Water is Green Irish Tweed is GIT lost its house, its wife, its kids, its job, and all its money
    Classic!

I rather feel the same way about comparisons between Himalaya and XS.

BTW, I could care less if Creed claims that Abraham Lincoln wore Vintage Tabarome, or that BdP was commissioned by Robert E. Lee.
    Yes their marketing is sometimes outrageous, and --to me at least, unintentionally funny. So?

In any case, I hope you get samples of Baie de Genièvre, Royal English Leather, Acier Aluminium, Himalaya, Erolfa, etc.

I stress samples. However should you go berserk and start ordering Creeds left and right without trying them first, not to worry. I know some good bankruptcy attorneys.

Creed is my favorite house by default.

Looking at the other contenders:

Serge Lutens?-- Fruitcake honey schtick. Or fruitcake honey schtick with ' arabian spices' to make you forget it's honeyed fruitcake. Ah! to be a genius in France!

Montale? After Black Aoud and Blue Amber my trapezius got tired from shrugging.

MPG? Centaure was painfully forgettable. Santal Noble was great. I guess I'm going to have to try the reformulation to see of it's as bad--or good as they say it is . . .

Amouage I can't be fair to this house, having suffered through Amouage Gold.
    On a first date, no less. No wonder I got involved with her! I figured if she could put up with that crap during dinner . . .

Villaresi? The ones I've tried have been almost great. Will try more; but for now I'd rather sit at the head of the table in the castle with Blenheim Bouquet than sit in the kitchen with Piper Nigrum. (Gesundheit!)

Tom Ford?--The one line that makes me understand how otherwise reasonable BNers become rabid Creed haters. It's overpriced, quite popular among the high end sophisticates--and has piss-poor construction.
    ( Tobacco Vanille? The new Pi? )
    Of course Tabac Aurea by Sonoma is a masterpiece compared with TV. but it doesn't smell anything like sweet, unsmoked pipe tobacco!
    Well, neither does TV but it's--almost close.

Diptyque? Unisex potted plants. Get in touch with your feminine chlorophyll side.

Bottom line: Whatever makes you happy!

Yes, even if it's a Creed.

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

^ Too true Mario. Bottom line indeed.

I agree, she had to be a keeper if she put up with Amouage Gold.

Piper Negrum. Gesundheit indeed! I thought it was just me.
    Life's a bitch. If it were a slut it'd be easy.

haha yeah guys. im defiently really looking into niche fragrances right now. just expanding my knowledge of fragrance. im going to be attending a Creed event on September 25th at my local Nordstroms. Its some kind of class. And they will also be unveiling Aventus, so ill get a sample of that as well.

I definetly plan to get alot of niches in the future when i graduate law school and become a lawyer like ive dreamed of

Mario.. You can`t judge Amouage after you tried Gold. I don`t like it eighter, but most of the scents from this house are excellent stuff! It`s the oposite of Creed. Strong, heavy, dense, with ultra strong sillage/longevity. Amouage and Creed are my favourite niche-companies. Their style is so different, that`s worth checking out both.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Mario.. You can`t judge Amouage after you tried Gold. I don`t like it eighter, but most of the scents from this house are excellent stuff! It`s the oposite of Creed. Strong, heavy, dense, with ultra strong sillage/longevity. Amouage and Creed are my favourite niche-companies. Their style is so different, that`s worth checking out both.
    I would choose Amouage Jubilation though over the new Creed Aventus any day though its a nice scent just not a great one imo.

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

These things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, the Truth--Buddha
    Currently wearing: Cumming by Alan Cumming

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Is that supposed to be Satan?

Just kidding.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Creed is my favorite house by default.

Looking at the other contenders:

Serge Lutens?-- Fruitcake honey schtick. Or fruitcake honey schtick with ' arabian spices' to make you forget it's honeyed fruitcake. Ah! to be a genius in France!

Montale? After Black Aoud and Blue Amber my trapezius got tired from shrugging.

MPG? Centaure was painfully forgettable. Santal Noble was great. I guess I'm going to have to try the reformulation to see of it's as bad--or good as they say it is . . .

Amouage I can't be fair to this house, having suffered through Amouage Gold.
    On a first date, no less. No wonder I got involved with her! I figured if she could put up with that crap during dinner . . .

Villaresi? The ones I've tried have been almost great. Will try more; but for now I'd rather sit at the head of the table in the castle with Blenheim Bouquet than sit in the kitchen with Piper Nigrum. (Gesundheit!)

Tom Ford?--The one line that makes me understand how otherwise reasonable BNers become rabid Creed haters. It's overpriced, quite popular among the high end sophisticates--and has piss-poor construction.
    ( Tobacco Vanille? The new Pi? )
    Of course Tabac Aurea by Sonoma is a masterpiece compared with TV. but it doesn't smell anything like sweet, unsmoked pipe tobacco!
    Well, neither does TV but it's--almost close.

Diptyque? Unisex potted plants. Get in touch with your feminine chlorophyll side.
    Mario, I'd love to read a sequel to your gracious appraisements :-). So hilarious!

Following Mario's lead, I would add;

L'artisan - You smell nice today, Grandma.
    Life's a bitch. If it were a slut it'd be easy.