Code of Conduct

Default Fragrance suggestions.

Hey.

Im very new to cologne, and currently only have a couple of Fragrances (Davidoff Cool water and a Ted baker one)

Time to move away from cheap scented deodrants, such as lynx (axe) and move up the chain.

So i'm looking for a couple of fragrances for evening wear mainly. Im 18 years old and at university, to give you abit of an introduction as to where i'm at.

I've looked at a few, such as L'eau D'Issey, Rive Gauche, Envy, Azzaro Chrome, La Nuit etc.. But don't really know what to go for. My budget is limited to some degree, but im happy to spend £40/$60 (or less!) on a decent fragrance - so should give some options.

Any help is apprechiate!

Oh, and lets remember that fall/autumn is just around the corner, So i'd apprechiate it if you don't start suggesting summer-only fragrances.

Default Re: Fragrance suggestions.

I'm 22 and I'm also at university.

All the fragrances you mentioned are actually in my wardrobe.

Chrome would be great for university.
    l'Eau d'Issey and Envy would be great for a party.
    I would advise Rive Gauche if you need to give presentations in a suit.

You might wonna try La Nuit de l'Homme and Body Kouros.

Cheers, useful post

Will likely buy a couple, probably chrome + one of the others.

You kinda got my attention with the Ted Baker mention. If you have Endurance, that's actually a great one for fall. It has a really nice ginger note in it. For fall evenings, I'd recommed stuff like Armani Code, YSL L'Homme, Davidoff Adventure, and Swiss Army.

Hmm, don't think my Ted baker is called Endurance, will look into it though.

The Davidoff looks good, but think I would prefer to try a different brand, as I already have a Davidoff cologne.

You poor thing and lucky you! There are so many different types of frags out here, you will end up with one of every kind.

Listen to me- Start with Endymion from Penhaligon's. It is just about perfect for what you are going for. Classy but not stuffy, modern but decidedly smart. Good evening wear but not out of place during the day. It will be a great introduction to this wonderfully smelly world.

Okay, so it might cost a little more. Make pals with a shop clerk.
    Last edited by argogos; 9th September 2010 at 08:49 AM.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

angel men would be a nice evening scent, fahrenheit, body kouros, and opium are also nice choices for night.

I agree with David about A-Men and Body Kouros.....also Rochas Man. Along a similar vein but more versatile, I think.

Since money is limited and you are moving into colder seasons, I would hold off on the Issey Miyake or Chrome. That might be a better purchase in the spring....Gucci Envy is a nice cold weather scent, although I see it more fitting for clubbing and such. Might not work with your age? Rive Gauche is a nice cold weather scent, but is sometimes criticized as "old man-ish" (I don't think so, but....)

Two other suggestions to check out: L'Occitaine Eav des baux and Burberry London.

get la nuit de l'homme. u wont be disappointed. dony buy chrome. its not so special in my opinion. better things can be bought for that price

I am 22 and I agree with most of the suggestions so far. L'Eau D'Issey is a great frag for anytime during the year, and you will find alot of college girls will love the fragrence. My personal favorite fragrence is Canali by Canali, I believe it has really snuck under the radar. This is a gem in my collection and I will always own a bottle. Again alot of college girls like this fragrence. I will also second DavidBond007's suggestion of Angel men as a special occasion/night fragrence just be careful with the trigger as this stuff is POTENT. Good luck in your search!

Quote Originally Posted by Force of One View Post
    I agree with David about A-Men and Body Kouros.....also Rochas Man. Along a similar vein but more versatile, I think.

Since money is limited and you are moving into colder seasons, I would hold off on the Issey Miyake or Chrome. That might be a better purchase in the spring....Gucci Envy is a nice cold weather scent, although I see it more fitting for clubbing and such. Might not work with your age? Rive Gauche is a nice cold weather scent, but is sometimes criticized as "old man-ish" (I don't think so, but....)

Two other suggestions to check out: L'Occitaine Eav des baux and Burberry London.
    rive gauche would be a great signature scent, london is ok i do not like it as much as i used to.

body kouros or rochas man. young women go crazy over it. skip rive gauche unless you want to smell like ur dad.
    Bottles for Swap:

Givenchy Pour Homme 1.7oz(97% full)
    CK Obsession Night 1.7oz(97% full)
    Cerruti 1881 1.7oz(50% full)
    Un Jardin Sur De Nil(95% full)

Looking for:

Chanel Allure Sport
    Chanel Allure Edition Blanche
    Polo Blue
    Fahrenheit Absolute
    Dolce and Gabbana The One

anything old by YSL, Caron, or Guerlain would be a great start imo.

I say consider getting Eau Des Bavx by L'occitane, smells really nice on my skin at least, becomes like cinnamon pumpkin vanilla cookies. But its supposed to be cyprus and incense.

Body kouros and Rochas have all been part of my wardrobe as well, very nice gourmands, but also dont forget au masculine by lolita lempika. Consider The dreamer-versace if you might enjoy a powdery floral tobacco

la nuit de l'homme
    body kouros

u'll be happy.
    "Nothing breaks up a team faster than.. Herpes"

-- Top --
    (1) Guerlain Tonka Imperiale (2) Creed Millesime Imperial
    (3) Creed Silver Mountain Water (4) Creed Aventus
    (5) Creed Green Irish Tweed (6) Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt
    (7) Amouage Reflection Man