Code of Conduct

Default The power of vintage formulation - an unexpected experiment

Yesterday members of my string quartet received quite a lesson in the power of old vintage formulations at a performance and the results were not pleasant. We were playing outdoors in the California Wine Country at a location that we'd been to the day before. The difference on this day was our perfume: Violin 1/Amouage Gold for Men; Violin 2/no scent; Viola/old vintage Mitsouko; Cello/old vintage Liu. Here are the results:

Throughout the performance, the violist and cellist were plagued with insects, including a persistent wasp who kept swarming about our wrists and even our fingers. Other small gnats and flies were drawn to us. The first violinist encountered only small flies and the second violinist was insect free. She later thanked us for acting as decoys.

I attribute this to the animalistic ingredients in the old vintage formulations. Does anyone want to add their ideas? The day before, three of us were wearing scents of modern formulation and were free of the insects despite being in the same location at the same time.
    Don a wig of larks and fly!

AromiErotici

Default Re: The power of vintage formulation - an unexpected experiment

I wear 95% vintage formulas and I have been known ( regardless of area, time of year or temps) to attract women of ill repute......some of whom are not insect free.

I don't recall if any of them were musicians.

Quote Originally Posted by aromierotici View Post
    i wear 95% vintage formulas and i have been known ( regardless of area, time of year or temps) to attract women of ill repute......some of whom are not insect free.

hahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AromiErotici View Post
    I wear 95% vintage formulas and I have been known ( regardless of area, time of year or temps) to attract women of ill repute......some of whom are not insect free.

*looks at Aromi like the kid smoking pot in Animal House...*

"Um - could I buy some vintage?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Merbert View Post
    I attribute this to the animalistic ingredients in the old vintage formulations. Does anyone want to add their ideas? The day before, three of us were wearing scents of modern formulation and were free of the insects despite being in the same location at the same time.
    Seriously - my guess is the presence of REAL floral absolutes. You can fool humans with modern synthetics, but you can't fool bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    Seriously - my guess is the presence of REAL floral absolutes. You can fool humans with modern synthetics, but you can't fool bugs.
    Seems likely!

Bugs know better than us sometimes. If you put out a pat of butter and a pat of margarine, bugs will happily eat the butter, but won't touch the margarine...

Long time ago, I went to a friend's swimming pool; some of the girls present were using a tanning lotion one of them brought, It was made of natural ingredients, apparently they loved the smell, so they all apllied it. Well, it proved a problem for the lotion attracted every single bee around. An agronomical engineer present concluded that the fragrance as well as the ingredients acted as pheromones, so the bees actually got the wrong signals. They had to shower, get rid of the lotion and apply another one, whch was a common, mainstream brand.

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by Pollux View Post
    Long time ago, I went to a friend's swimming pool; some of the girls present were using a tanning lotion one of them brought, It was made of natural ingredients, apparently they loved the smell, so they all apllied it. Well, it proved a problem for the lotion attracted every single bee around. An agronomical engineer present concluded that the fragrance as well as the ingredients acted as pheromones, so the bees actually got the wrong signals. They had to shower, get rid of the lotion and apply another one, whch was a common, mainstream brand.
    More than likely, your explanation is the very reason why I have been attracted to myself my entire life. My shrink back in the 1980's forbid me to never wear Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui and be within 20 feet of a mirror.

You made my day. Just to be safe, today I'm wearing the modern formulation of Mitsouko! Funny, neither have attracted hominids to my knowledge.

Yes, that would explain the flies and the Amouage Gold. However, wasps in our area are attracted to meat and even dead animals.

Yes, that would explain the flies and the Amouage Gold. However, wasps in our area are attracted to meat and even dead animals.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Merbert View Post
    Gotcha. I know just the ones you're talking about. Yeah, they go for anything that has a whiff of protein.

Basenotes Institution

*LOL* *LOL* Aromi - what have you been doing !

I wear vintage formulations sometimes- last time I checked I was insect free ! *LOL* ROFL !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    I wear vintage formulations sometimes- last time I checked I was insect free ! *LOL* ROFL !
    Why...of course you are my dear. You have too much class and smell way too good for those pesky critters. I cannot say the same for some of my past female acquaintances. This is why I am spearheading the safe-sex-have-sex-with-yourself movement based out of Toledo.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by aromierotici View Post
    why...of course you are my dear. You have too much class and smell way too good for those pesky critters. I cannot say the same for some of my past female acquaintances. This is why i am spearheading the safe-sex-have-sex-with-yourself movement based out of toledo.
    *lol* :d
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

... My shrink back in the 1980's forbid me to never wear Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui and be within 20 feet of a mirror.
    LMAOL!!!

Now, please, take note: neurocognitive psychology proved that psychoanalysts were wrong, so chances are that the reason for your narcisism lies in your brain's response the reaction of your neurotrasmisors to some of Oscar de la Renta's aromachemicals.

I don't know f you overcame this, but should it happen again:

- Analyse impulses
    - Make an effort and retard responses

In the meantime,

- Eat some chocolate and / or bananas

Wrtie down the experience and repeat as many times as needed in case you failed.