Code of Conduct

Default Confused about Purpel Label

Basenotes states that it is still in production, but it seems like an obscure scent and I don't think I've seen an online retailer sell it, they just state its out of stock at the moment. This just tempts me to look to see if it is available somewhere. Not to buy either, just to know its there if I ever feel compelled to look into it. And I had asked this before, but a lot of people hate Purple Label samples so I hesitate to buy the mini from amazon, but after digging around BN people actually claim minis smell better. I'm just going to go out on a limb and say it varies with the cologne in question.

Default Re: Confused about Purpel Label

Are you referring to Ralph Lauren Purple Label?

To sell it, they also have to sell Polo Purple Label clothing. Saks and Nordstrom sell it in their brick and mortar shops, but amazingly not online. But, a quick phone call should remedy that.

I'm pretty sure this was discontinued since every Polo fragrance that's in production is on the shelves in department stores, even Safari and Polo Sport. This is the reason why we hardly find Polo frags at discounted places like Marshall's, TJM, Ross, etc.. because they're never pulled from shelves unless discontinued. Maybe not Chaps though..

Hopefully it is discontinued, it's not very good past the first 20 mins. The first 20 mins smells like snow peas to me though which is intriguing.

Beautyencounter.com has it for about 42 bucks (unboxed).

I always thought Purple Label was just Romance Silver with purple food coloring.

I know for a fact that it is still available, quite easily in fact. I saw it a couple of weeks ago at Neiman Marcus and Nordstroms.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
    To sell it, they also have to sell Polo Purple Label clothing. Saks and Nordstrom sell it in their brick and mortar shops, but amazingly not online. But, a quick phone call should remedy that.
    That is what I read somewhere, as well. They have a rather limited marketing approach with it. Perhaps to give the appearance of being more "exclusive."