Code of Conduct
    AromiErotici

Wink DustB and Aromi's blind sample swap thread.

It seems DustB has come up with a crazy....but very interesting.....blind swap and review idea. We are going to send each other numbered samples of God knows what and only the sender will know what is what.

We have to review them and guess what each one is.....on the blog.

We will periodically bump this thread as the swap unfolds.
    Last edited by AromiErotici; 5th September 2010 at 07:30 PM.

Default Re: DustB......please clear your pm box....it's full

That's right. The whole idea came because Aromi's neglected his obligation to have his mind blown by Diptyque scents, and I demanded the privilege of smacking his nose around as a result. So I'm going to send him a work weeks worth of different Diptyque scents that are unmarked and that will keep him smelling like a health food store. Or a hippie chick, depending on how one sees pleasure in these times. In exchange he's going to mop the barroom floor with me thanks to his selection of a few powerhouse scents that will be similarly unlabeled. We'll post reviews here, and thoughts on the scents, and get reviews unpolished by reputations.

We'll start as soon as we've got each others shipment in hand.
    Last edited by DustB; 5th September 2010 at 07:54 PM.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Default Re: DustB and Aromi's blind sample swap thread.

Great idea! I don't know why but your project has captured my interest. I'll be following this thread closely!
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Buddies, I feel like sending you really weird stuff. PM if interested.

Yes! Let the madness commence! (I hope that you've both consulted physicians about this.)
    Only good can come of blind testing.
    '...And you'll carry me down on your dancing
    To the pools that you lift on your wrist...'

This sounds like fun. Looking forward to the future posts...

AromiErotici

It would be cool if others hooked up and did the same thing !

Chris and I are starting off swapping 5 blind.......and then after we're done making each other look foolish, we'll do it again......

This is a great idea, so simple, but great. I think all fragrances should be reviewed in this way.

I did this about 4-5 years ago on this board. I sent sample vials of 7 different fragrances numbered 1 to 7 to 7 members. Each member got the same 7 fragrances. Every week members commented on their impressions of the fragrance for that week, made guesses as to notes and what fragrance they though it was. I think I called it the "mystery vial challenge". It really was a lot of fun and really interesting. It was hard trying to find fragrances that people hadn't tried or weren't too obvious.

Excellent. This type of thing is done frequently on cigar boards and the results are often fascinating. I will surely follow the thread.

Basenotes Institution

What a great idea !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    What a great idea !
    Anyone Wanna ?
    I think it would be interesting to sample both genders. Who knows may find a holy grail for the SO.

Awesome, but technically they could look through ones wardrobe for a little assistance. Either way, can't wait to see the results! Will the blind reviews be posted here?

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    Awesome, but technically they could look through ones wardrobe for a little assistance. Either way, can't wait to see the results! Will the blind reviews be posted here?
    Yea bro.....we'll post here. I don't have my drobe up for views as it's always in flux anyways.....

I have 5 classic frags for Chris to blind sample. I held the urge in check to send him face-peelers lol. I decided on well executed and diverse classics that are discontinued and different one from another.

Others really ought to jump in and pair off for a fall showdown of blind sampling.

Great Idea!!!! is it possible to do another "tasting team" an pos the results here?
    For instant, me and Pollux live in the same city, so it si easier to swap samples beetween us.
    cheers

Pablo

AromiErotici

Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    Great Idea!!!! is it possible to do another "tasting team" an pos the results here?
    For instant, me and Pollux live in the same city, so it si easier to swap samples beetween us.
    cheers

Pablo
    No problems posting here bro. You can also start another thread if you wanted, but it might be a good idea to keep it all on one thread. I can always change the thread title if others get involved.