Code of Conduct

Default Geranium Pour Monsieur, Bigarade Concentree or any other Malle for the Caribbean Sun

I'll soon be jetting off to Grenada in the West Indies for 2 months (yippee!!) and i want to buy a warm weather Frederic Malle scent to take with me, i've had experiences with both GPM and BC and i love them, i think both would shine in the Caribbean heat, but i only have enough for one....... so which one? i cant choose as i would be happy with either but i just want to see which one everyone else would take, or if you can suggest another Malle fragrance that would do great in hot, humid weather.

Default Re: Geranium Pour Monsieur, Bigarade Concentree or any other Malle for the Caribbean Sun

bigarrade seems to be more tropical based on the notes.

Default Re: Geranium Pour Monsieur, Bigarade Concentree or any other Malle for the Caribbean Sun

Both are great for hot, humid conditions.

If I was going to live with on one of these for a couple of months I'd probably go with the Bigarade Concentree. Geranium Pour Monsieur is a wonderful cool pick-me-up but I consider it more of an an occasional alternative choice - mind you it's an interesting thought . . .

French Lover is also a good crisp, green one for seriously humid days / evenings and if you are buying at a Malle counter you might ask them to throw in samples of the Vetiver Extrordinaire & Noir Epices, both also interesting in 30c+ weather.

The topnotes of Bigarade Concentree would work great in a tropical setting, but the basenotes of hay and cumin could potentially get *very very* funky in a humid tropical setting too. I could see it being interpreted potentially as terrible BO.

Geranium Pour Monsieur would work really well actually. It doesn't suggest "tropical" at all, with the mint / geranium / light musks and whatnot, but that combo reads as very "cool" and "refreshing" so I can see that working well in the tropical heat.

Sur la Plage

Carnal Flower blooms in the heat IMO.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Thumbs up Re: Geranium Pour Monsieur, Bigarade Concentree or any other Malle for the Caribbean Sun

You can go for GERANIUM POUR MONSIUER, CARNAL FLOWER or VETIVER EXTRAORDINAIRE which are all fantastic for summer.There are also more FM, but those ones are the best IMHO
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Carnal Flower has a VERY tropical feel, but for a man less is more, a 50 ml bottle will last you years.

Dude i have 8ml of Bigarade Concentree that I just got in a couple days ago and I honestly don't see how anyone could ever get any compliments from the ladies with this stuff. Maybe its just my skin or my nose or maybe cause I've been wearing bvlgari black for the last 3 years but man I wanted it to smell so good like the reviews Ive been reading about ... but nope it doesnt do anything for me. maybe i should spray more than 3 sprays? also, I am in texas and its humid as hell here

+1 for Carnal Flower (use sparingly)

Between the two I'd go with Bigarade, but Carnal Flower is the best choice from the line (and my personal all-time favorite).

Geranium Pour Monsieur