Code of Conduct

Default I'm baffled at how my folks percieved TF's Oud Wood on me

Wore Oud Would from a decant last Friday and went out for dinner with friends. 3 mates ofmine said (separately) that Fou d'Absinthe smelt great on me! I was like @II@ WHY? I mean WTH, there's no Oud in FdA and there's no licorice in OW! These two, to my nose, have nothing in common except that they are perfumes! What think you?

Blog Entries

Default Re: I'm baffled at how my folks percieved TF's Oud Wood on me

How knowledgeable of fragrance are these guys? And particularly about those two frags? If they know frags, maybe they are a bit similar, but otherwise, I would guess that they just smelled "strong" and maybe remembered you talking about FdA. That's the only explanation I have at the moment. Did you rave about FdA earlier? Maybe they think you're like them, and wear the same thing day after day, and just assumed it was FdA.

Wow. Few of my friends even know the names of frags. At least you have 3 friends who know a niche frag!

Default Re: I'm baffled at how my folks percieved TF's Oud Wood on me

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    How knowledgeable of fragrance are these guys? And particularly about those two frags? If they know frags, maybe they are a bit similar, but otherwise, I would guess that they just smelled "strong" and maybe remembered you talking about FdA. That's the only explanation I have at the moment. Did you rave about FdA earlier? Maybe they think you're like them, and wear the same thing day after day, and just assumed it was FdA.

Wow. Few of my friends even know the names of frags. At least you have 3 friends who know a niche frag!
    I guess you must be right. There's nothing wrong with my nose
    The guys belong into the mainstream league. Quite savvy with *new* releases.
    They also know a lot of the L'Artisans because they are sold in mainstream shops as well. The thing is we love a Mediterranean kind of alcoholic drink called Arak (close the "Ouzo" sp?, and it's our usual party drink. It's strong on Fennel. I must have smacked of Arak that night LOL... this is my only guess... Cheers