Code of Conduct

Default Fall Citrus Recommendations/Help

I'm trying to find a rich, autumn citrus scent. I'm hoping to find one that is:
    o long lasting
    o feminine
    o interesting - not a single note

Notes that I am trying to avoid are hyacinth, rose, anise, animalic.

I'm a fragrance novice and appreciate any recommendations. I'll order small samples and give your recs a try! Do you have a favorite fall citrus?
    Last edited by carmelita; 6th September 2010 at 06:42 AM. Reason: spelling :)

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Fall Citrus Recommendations/Help

Hi Carmelita-- welcome to Basenotes!

I'm afraid my favorite is discontinued and very hard to find (The Thymes Limón) but I'm sure others will be along with recommendations.

Smile Re: Fall Citrus Recommendations/Help

Welcome to Basenotes Carmelita. If you fancy Citrus with a little bit of spice and warmth for the fall and Winter, there's loads out there. Off the top of my head I can think of:

Annick Goutal - Les Nuits d'Hadrien
    i Profumi di Firenze - Spezie de Medici
    Bois 1920 - Sushi Imperiale
    Byredo - Chembur

An excellent all year round citrus if you like lemon is Limone di Sicilia by i Profumi di Firenze. It's not expensive either for the quality.
    Good luck. I'd order some samples first though before spending money on a bottle, or pop into a local store

Well this is going to be fun! I've been ordering samples of classic perfumes from the large houses and haven't found anything that I adore. (Though my teen daughters found Coco Mademoiselle) Naively, I thought I'd find "my" fragrence and be content. Hah! I've found a new world to explore...

I quite enjoy Guerlain's Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune - but, for me, its fleeting and very light/summery.

As Craig describes, I'm looking for "Citrus with a little bit of spice and warmth for the fall". Lemon, Bergomot, Mandarin...

These recs so far are excellent! Any more?

I second Craig's suggestion for Chembur, this was a lovely scent,.
    Carmelita- have you met Lucky Scent yet? You can get a sample of nicolai's L'eau mixte. This is a citrus with an oakmoss/woodsy base, and I can't think of anything more perfect. I wore this morning and was amazed by the longevity (you can buy the small bottle for $42, I think) Also- you mention Pamplelune, L'eau Mixte also has a powerful graprefruit note.

:-)
    Passionate supporter of parrot welfare www.thegabrielfoundation.org

I would like to recommend Eau d"Sud by Annick Goutal. It is a gorgeus citrus frag. Top notes of orange, basil, grapefruit. Mid notes are lemon, lime, verbena. I think the base includes vanilla. I love this juice. eau d"Hadrien is also a classic.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I smelled a very pleasant citrus at Aedes: Odin 02 Owari:

From Odin New York's website:

ODIN EDT
    02 OWARI
    From the far ends of the earth comes a fragrance transparent in nature. Owari opens up with rare mandarins from the Japanese province of Owari and freshly crushed grapefruit leaves. The heart consists of the intensely vibrant Cubeb pepper and Tonkin musk from the Chinese mountains.

Top: Owari Mandarin, Bright Green Bergamot, Grapefruit Leaves
    Middle: Cubeb Pepper, Amyris Wood, Crisp Neroli
    Bottom: Fresh Cut Cedarwood, Golden Amber, Tonkin Musk

Now the only thing is that I found the top notes fading too fast for my taste, but I only tested on my arm; I wish I'd gotten a sample as I would like to test how the longevity is if I get a bit on clothing/spray to chest.

Luckyscent has samples though.